• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a little... I dunno... I'm still using the inhaler.

In that case, you were smart to keep the walk short. The extra exhaustion isn't a surprise, and in fact, perhaps suggests the walk was still a bit too long. Just don't over-exert yourself until you are back to health, please.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Is it prescribed as needed? Or do they have you using it at certain times every day?

Albuterol?

Yep, it's albuterol, and it's prescribed for twice three times a day. I think I need to keep using it until next Thursday.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yep, it's albuterol, and it's prescribed for twice three times a day. I think I need to keep using it until next Thursday.

Yeah, best to finish it up. So you probably are still sick.

I applaud your willpower. :hug:

I would be whining, and curled up in a blanket with some chicken soup. :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Reporting in guys...

Starting weight mid September, 176lb
Target weight : 158lb
Height : 6 foot 1
Build : fine boned

Did a 12 mile walk yesterday. i get out for a 20-25 mins most evenings, and try and do a long hike every other weekend minimum (and some harder mountain walking weekends - I did Snowdon last month).

Current weight : 163lb
Weight lost : 13lb
Weight still to lose 5lb.

(Christmas notwithstanding :D )

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great job, Geoff! :) Congrats on making it so close to your goal.

As for me, I've been quite the slacker this week. I'll need 2 cheats for the week.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I can't remember the last time I posted but my workout calender has 20 days of workouts of either treadmill, sit-ups, or sit-ups and treadmill but at any
rate there are 20 days of exercise,lol.

I have got to do better about posting more often.

I have been taking the last week off of everything ,except exercise but you know- posting and internet life, as I am desperately trying to balance new things in my life. I have been a freaking social butterfly lately- really the past couple of months and it has totally exhausted me!

Hey- I have been exercising my extroversion muscles which are also flabby and weak,lol.

wolfy

awsm
I went to the gym and did upper body

bench
chins
shoulder press
rows

and then mucked around doing

curls
pushdowns
dips
more chins
pull downs
bike
close grip presses

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Umm, what's the policy for late-comers?

Just joined TypeC a few weeks ago, and just saw this thread for the first time.

I already have a specific goal for the end of the year, but it may be better to join on to this mutual encouragement/accountability forum.

Done something like this in "real life" before, and it worked great.

:cheers:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm, what's the policy for late-comers?

Just joined TypeC a few weeks ago, and just saw this thread for the first time.

I already have a specific goal for the end of the year, but it may be better to join on to this mutual encouragement/accountability forum.

Done something like this in "real life" before, and it worked great.

:cheers:

Anyone is welcome to post in this thread at any time. December marks the 3 month countdown, so today is the last day I planned on adding names to the list. (So you just made it in time - lucky you! :D)

Are you interested in joining us and having your name added? If so, all I ask is that you share your exercise goals with us. You can report your results in one of two ways: 1) Make a post in this thread whenever you finish exercising or 2) Submit a report at the end of the week, which is usually Sunday or Monday for most of us. If I don't hear from you after a week or two, I'll PM ya asking what's up. If I don't hear from you after that, I'll assume you dropped out and remove your name from the list.

So if you are interested in joining, just let us know and post your goals. :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Anyone is welcome to post in this thread at any time. December marks the 3 month countdown, so today is the last day I planned on adding names to the list. (So you just made it in time - lucky you! :D)

Are you interested in joining us and having your name added? If so, all I ask is that you share your exercise goals with us. You can report your results in one of two ways: 1) Make a post in this thread whenever you finish exercising or 2) Submit a report at the end of the week, which is usually Sunday or Monday for most of us. If I don't hear from you after a week or two, I'll PM ya asking what's up. If I don't hear from you after that, I'll assume you dropped out and remove your name from the list.

So if you are interested in joining, just let us know and post your goals. :)

Cool. Yeah, I definitely want to join.

I'm trying to put on some weight. I'm 26, about 6'2'' and just got off the scale at a post-dump :)newwink:) weight of 164.2 lbs (the most I've ever weighed on a continual [albeit rather short] basis was 170).

My long-term goal is to hit 180 lbs by the time I'm 28, but my short-term goal is to hit 175 lbs on a continual basis by the end of the year, by continuing my regimen of yoga 2-3 times a week, restarting a regimen of push-ups, pull-ups and 3-mile beach runs 2-3 times a week, and never eating less than 3 full meals a day. I'm also considering adding in swimming, rock climbing, and/or jiu-jitsu and/or judo training to the total regimen.

Unfortunately, I've ramped up on the push-ups and pull-ups a bit slower than I'd like, and on too many occasions I've been eating just 2 meals a day, so I think I'll make that 175 lbs goal for the end of this competition (and maybe I'll increase it to 177+ if things are going well).

Good to join an accountability group. I thrive on challenge, so this should work well for me. In fact, I can already feel it working. Great idea creating this forum, Udog. :cheese:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm trying to put on some weight. I'm 26, about 6'2'' and just got off the scale at a post-dump :)newwink:) weight of 164.2 lbs (the most I've ever weighed on a continual [albeit rather short] basis was 170)
Your body seems quite lean and PERFECT, why do you wanna bulk up so badly?!?!?

Oh, wait... I know why...

new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg

:rolleyes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cool. Yeah, I definitely want to join.

In that case, welcome aboard! :) I'll add your name to the list when I post it later today/tomorrow.

I'm trying to put on some weight. I'm 26, about 6'2'' and just got off the scale at a post-dump :)newwink:) weight of 164.2 lbs (the most I've ever weighed on a continual [albeit rather short] basis was 170).

My long-term goal is to hit 180 lbs by the time I'm 28, but my short-term goal is to hit 175 lbs on a continual basis by the end of the year, by continuing my regimen of yoga 2-3 times a week, restarting a regimen of push-ups, pull-ups and 3-mile beach runs 2-3 times a week, and never eating less than 3 full meals a day. I'm also considering adding in swimming, rock climbing, and/or jiu-jitsu and/or judo training to the total regimen.

Unfortunately, I've ramped up on the push-ups and pull-ups a bit slower than I'd like, and on too many occasions I've been eating just 2 meals a day, so I think I'll make that 175 lbs goal for the end of this competition (and maybe I'll increase it to 177+ if things are going well).

Ah, yes. Those are some very well thought out goals. So how does putting you down for exercising 3x a week sound to you? I'll make a note of your goals, but 3x will be the bottom line as far as 'cheats'.

Oh, since I've been a slacker and never updated the OP, when you see the report, your number of cheats will look like "+0". The plus only denotes that you started late, and that you'll be starting from zero and going up. It doesn't have any significant difference, though.

One word of thought: Gaining 3 pounds of actual muscle mass in a month is exceptional. Admittedly, when you include the water and miscellaneous weight that goes with it, it can be a bit more than 3 pounds. Still, 10 pounds is alot of weight for 1 month. Don't get discouraged if you don't reach that goal!

Good to join an accountability group. I thrive on challenge, so this should work well for me. In fact, I can already feel it working. Great idea creating this forum, Udog. :cheese:

Well, I just technically created the thread. Smarter minds than mine created the forum. ;) And it's great having ya with us!

<OH MY GOD THE HORROR MYEYESMYEYES>

Man, not even the exercise thread is safe from Twilight related stuff. Geez!

:D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
In that case, welcome aboard! :) I'll add your name to the list when I post it later today/tomorrow.

Awesome.

Ah, yes. Those are some very well thought out goals. So how does putting you down for exercising 3x a week sound to you? I'll make a note of your goals, but 3x will be the bottom line as far as 'cheats'.

How bout you make it 5? 3s been pretty automatic for me for a while now. :)

One word of thought: Gaining 3 pounds of actual muscle mass in a month is exceptional. Admittedly, when you include the water and miscellaneous weight that goes with it, it can be a bit more than 3 pounds. Still, 10 pounds is alot of weight for 1 month. Don't get discouraged if you don't reach that goal!

Well, I just technically created the thread. Smarter minds than mine created the forum. ;) And it's great having ya with us!

Yeah, noob here. Still working on the lingo :wink:

Man, not even the exercise thread is safe from Twilight related stuff. Geez!

Yeah, as if being dragged to that movie wasn't bad enough, now she's giving me shit about it.

But it's alright. I'll gladly punish her for it later... :devil:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg

Must be great to have a personal trainer hovering over you 24 hours a day for months, while you get into shape for a movie. And not have to pay for it...:dry:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Must be great to have a personal trainer hovering over you 24 hours a day for months, while you get into shape for a movie. And not have to pay for it...:dry:

Wait, you don't have a PT like that, I thought that was a prereq for the thread!

Ok I'm pretty much down to +55 billion cheats, so can you just put me at zero and keep me there, I don't want to go to + anything. ktnxbai

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Wait, you don't have a PT like that, I thought that was a prereq for the thread!

Ok I'm pretty much down to +55 billion cheats, so can you just put me at zero and keep me there, I don't want to go to + anything. ktnxbai

It's sexy when you say that.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
P90X or whatever ab ripper god I hate it I want to do something fun.

I don't think my arm and my ankle were supposed to hurt after that. But they do. Maybe my abs are just in strange places.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, as if being dragged to that movie wasn't bad enough, now she's giving me shit about it.
Pa-leeeeze, I saw you gawking at Jacob's body the whole time with eyes of awe, jealousy, and envy!!! :yes:

But it's alright. I'll gladly punish her for it later... :devil:
Hmmm, now there's a thought...

I wonder if this kind of "punishment" can be classified as exercise... :whistling:

Whatevs, he's so not my type, hahahaa, I prefer the likes and looks of Edward.

A lean, mean, vampire machine!!!

:drool: