• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone in the thread who makes it easier to work hard because you're not alone. And special thanks to Udog for starting it :)

*raises glass of diet Champaign for the occasion* Indeed!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thankees Biax, Udog, Wolfy and mysterious complimentary repman for your comments. I spoke to the girl who runs my boxing class when it finished tonight and it was so freaken easy and painless, I told her I wanted to pull out of the floor classes cause I only ever wanted to do reformer but no one seemed to want that to happen, she said sure but she'd speak to one of the girls who runs some of the classes first, 2 second conversation with her and I'm in a reformer class on Saturday... :yay:

Wait, that doesn't quite cover it...

bigyay.gif

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone in the thread who makes it easier to work hard because you're not alone. And special thanks to Udog for starting it :)
Amen! :)

Thankees Biax, Udog, Wolfy and mysterious complimentary repman for your comments. I spoke to the girl who runs my boxing class when it finished tonight and it was so freaken easy and painless, I told her I wanted to pull out of the floor classes cause I only ever wanted to do reformer but no one seemed to want that to happen, she said sure but she'd speak to one of the girls who runs some of the classes first, 2 second conversation with her and I'm in a reformer class on Saturday... :yay:

bigyay.gif
tee-hee! :smile:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

bigyay.gif

See what all that flirting with me will get you? :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Agreed, although I've been lame lately I still greatly appreciate all the hard work he puts into it and hearing everyone trying to get a little better at this working out thing. :wubbie:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does hanging out with fam count as working out? :laugh: I didnt get around to anything tonight, had errands to run with the sisters.

I'll be lazy tomorrow, work all day friday, sat, and sunday, and then recover monday and be back on track monday evening with my weight training class's workout.

Time to use that vacation clause! :) Weeks like this is what it is for.

I'm so confused.

So I was working out for two months at the beginning, and there was no change.

Then, suddenly, within the span of about a week, I lost 5 lbs.

It's been a month since then. I've kept off those 5 lbs but I haven't lost any since then, either. And don't give me any of that crap about jeans fitting looser. They haven't since that week.

What the hell is going on.

Alot of things could have happened, including the fact that it was a more gradual loss than you realize. What matters is that it's staying off.

Did you do anything differently during that two week span (the week of and the week or two before) compared to the rest of your workout?

I haven't reported in lately (though I continue to exercise almost every day).

30 m on the stationary bike, 45 m walking, plus weighted exercises and calisthenics. Enough to sweat through my shirt. Go me!

Hah, awesome!

So I was sick today. I even had a fever! That would explain the sitting around yesterday. So I missed yesterday and today, pretty sure I'll miss tomorrow.

Damn, what rotten timing. :( I hope you are feeling better today.

Cuz afterall, you gotta get in the kitchen and make the men some food!!

:D

*raises glass of diet Champaign for the occasion* Indeed!

*raises protein shake*

... I just finished my leg workout.

Thanks guys. :) *raises Eggnog*

Agreed, although I've been lame lately I still greatly appreciate all the hard work he puts into it and hearing everyone trying to get a little better at this working out thing. :wubbie:

Hey, but you are still trying. You haven't given up yet, and that's what is really important! We all have our slack stages.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Alot of things could have happened, including the fact that it was a more gradual loss than you realize. What matters is that it's staying off.

Did you do anything differently during that two week span (the week of and the week or two before) compared to the rest of your workout?

Nope, nothing. :huh:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

Just FYI. Doing too much can cause you to stop losing weight, gaining muscle, etc.

It's called over-training. Doing too much, to soon, can be just as bad as doing nothing.

Perhaps your teacher has pushed you into over-training.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I missed my P90X workout yesterday, and will miss it today. (I overslept, and now I don't have the 1.5+ hours to do the Yoga routine before I head out.)

I'll be able to do Friday and Saturday's, but since I was unable to complete Plyo on Tuesday, I'll need a cheat.

Hmm.... Strange. 5 pounds in one week is pretty extreme, and you don't generally 'accidentally' lose that much weight in such a short period of time. Which is why I think you actually lost it over 2-3 weeks, and water masked it. Then you sweated off the water, and now you are stable again.

For some reason, I suspect you'll have better progress once you can exercise at home, after your class ends.

If you log your food for a week (like how Poppy does, although more detail is welcome) and post it, I'll be happy to take a look at it. That might help.

Just FYI. Doing too much can cause you to stop losing weight, gaining muscle, etc.

It's called over-training. Doing too much, to soon, can be just as bad as doing nothing.

Perhaps your teacher has pushed you into over-training.

Edit: Yes, this. I can see this being a possibility.

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmm.... Strange. 5 pounds in one week is pretty extreme, and you don't generally 'accidentally' lose that much weight in such a short period of time. Which is why I think you actually lost it over 2-3 weeks, and water masked it. Then you sweated off the water, and now you are stable again.

For some reason, I suspect you'll have better progress once you can exercise at home, after your class ends.

If you log your food for a week (like how Poppy does, although more detail is welcome) and post it, I'll be happy to take a look at it. That might help.

I was thinking of taking a class after this, but not a school, for a grade class.

I might try logging my intake, but I don't think I'll start until after this weekend -- Thanksgiving, and all. I mean, I'm about to make a chocolate cake. :blush:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Trinity - Congrats on your reformer class. That's awesome! Dudette, reformer pilates, cool! Inspiring...

Oh, I missed my P90X workout yesterday, and will miss it today. (I overslept, and now I don't have the 1.5+ hours to do the Yoga routine before I head out.)

I'll be able to do Friday and Saturday's, but since I was unable to complete Plyo on Tuesday, I'll need a cheat.

Udog - Along with the others, thank you so much for leading us. I've been relegated to drinking lemon chamomile tea and Tylenol warming liquid. I'll offer either/both up in thanks! Also, please enjoy your break!

Actually, not wanting to paint a more pathetic picture than absolutely necessary, no fever as of last night. :cheese: I will start working out slowly today. Going to go for a long walk outside if it's not too cold or indoors on the treadmill otherwise. Thanksgiving plans got moved to the weekend because my family and friends are lovely and actually think I should participate (oh the love is so gooey and wonderful). Will catch up on workouts over the weekend.

This is the thought I had too Hap. In the past, liquid retention or not has made a lot of difference to weight loss. Also, when you weight yourself, are you using the same scale....etc etc You could lose/gain 3-5 lbs in a single day between the morning and evening bec of liquids/food. Do you weigh yourself first thing in the morning/evening?

I know weight loss doesn't always come, for me, in the weeks when I'm doing everything right. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, following a week or so behind when the best changes were made or the most perfect week happened. Overall, it is losing the weight and keeping it off that matters as Udog said. Congratulations on the five pounds! Just keep at it.

I was thinking of taking a class after this, but not a school, for a grade class.

I might try logging my intake, but I don't think I'll start until after this weekend -- Thanksgiving, and all. I mean, I'm about to make a chocolate cake. :blush:

Enjoy your break, Hap!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In the tradition that Effem started, I'll give thanks for all of you inspiring peeps as well, for keeping us going. Thank you all for sharing your glories and the not-so-glories.... :hug:

Edit: I lost two more lbs this week - likely because of having no appetite to speak of -- being sick and all. I've decided not to count it as a loss yet unless it stays stable through the coming week because it could just be liquids like Udog said. If the weight loss remains through Monday/Tuesday, after my real thanksgiving, I'm celebrating! That would be 20lbs total since June. *crosses fingers* and hides Dove dark chocolate and almond hearts that the sibling dropped off earlier. Probably best since they also come with cheesy one liners such as *chocolate always loves you back* and *melt someone today*. Like I need those when already feeling nauseous. :rofl1:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm not sure how I survived thanksgiving, but I did. :D Hope everyone else gained a bit of weight today ;) !!

wolfy

awsm
I don't think I posted that I trained the other day. A kind of mess around mix of this and that. Also, I trained my mind and stomach with fine food and alcohol last night.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Damn, what rotten timing. :( I hope you are feeling better today.

Cuz afterall, you gotta get in the kitchen and make the men some food!!

:D
Wait, when was I supposed to turn into a different person? This obviously wasn't Elaur you were responding to.

Hey, but you are still trying. You haven't given up yet, and that's what is really important! We all have our slack stages.

Yeah, even in my lameness I'm still trying to work out when I can.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did some heavy lifting today.
But not enough to count it for a workout, I think, so I'll have to take another cheat.