• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
That's generally what I believe, but I found myself growing frustrated as I worked my butt off all week, only to discover I gained 3 pounds. Was it water over a careless meal? Was I eating too much? I had no clue. So I decided to weigh in more frequently so I can keep a closer eye on how my diet affects my weight. If I ate like crap on Saturday and gained 3 pounds, I knew it had to be mostly water.

Since I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight (current goal is around 70 pounds), keeping an eye on the scale is still a worthy marker for me, I think. However, I seem to still be slowly but steadily losing notches in my belt, so I know I'm still losing at least some fat.

I'll say it again. Expect to gain some weight. And lose fat. You can lose fat and yet weigh more. Muscle weighs more, and burns more energy, and being a novice means you gain muscle easier. The fat will come off, just don't expect to weigh less as quickly. It's better to be a lean 260 than a fat 240.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TOTAL:
Eating: not too bad
Exercise: 3/3

Had a lot of lower back pain in the beginning of the week, so I didn't try any strenuous exercise, just walked around for the most part. I tried to stay fairly active (taking the stairs, etc). I'm hoping to get back into jogging because I think my yoga routine might have been a factor in my back pain.

Thank you for the update. :)

Yoga is pretty tough. In fact, of all the workouts that I'm doing, Yoga brutalizes me more than anything else. I'm a regular Stiffy McStiffington.

Was it just sore back pain, or stabbing back pain?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I had another workout today... sore all over.
My Achilles tendon is still a little tender, too.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 13 Begins, and Holiday Season Commences

Since it's Thanksgiving in the US this week, I won't be hounding anyone for exercise results. This week. Expect me to be back next week. :D

One important note: I won't be adding anyone to the list after November 30th. That's the 3 month mark, and I figure it's a pretty good cut off point. A 3 month challenge is still pretty significant, and is enough time to make some amazing body transformations.

As always, anyone is will be welcome to post or ask questions at any time though. :)

Here are the results for Week 12.

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Cenomite	+0
Clonester	7
Elaur		+0
ergophobe	1
Fidelia		7
INTJMom		+1
Kyuuei		8
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		5
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		3
Wolfy		10

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness

Who I haven't heard from yet:
Antimony
Blackcat
Jeffster
Jen
kelric
ladypinkington
nynesneg

For those that are curious, what I basically do is send a PM if I don't hear from you. If I don't get a response, and after about 3 weeks of inactivity, I drop the name from the list.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got a reminder that if you eat like crap, you exercise like crap. I ate my fool heart out at the potluck today, had dessert, and then 6 hours later decided to try my Plyometrics workout. Needless to say, I only made it about half way through before my legs gave up on me.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ QFT.

I did some fun therapy exercises with my mom to encourage her physical therapy sessions at home on monday, and I did yardwork. Today I did some hardcore cleaning between classes. Tomorrow I plan to go hunt down a fun DVD to try, and finish up the yard work outside.

I've been eating pretty lousy the last couple days, to be honest. I'll correct this tomorrow and get back on a nicer regime when I get time to grocery shop.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Walked .8 miles to school

Did sun salutes to ward off the evil that is Jillian Michaels.

I'm pretty sure my gym teacher thinks I'm crazy.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Seems like you got your wish! I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to continue participating in the challenge anymore.

....... :D

It was pretty bad for you guys with Simms in there, and not much better with Orton, but definitely better. I'm surprised the lines for the Chargers played as well as they did on both sides. It's the best they've played all year (which isn't saying much).

And I made my week last week. I thought I posted already but maybe not. Been crazy busy lately.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who I haven't heard from yet:
Trinity

Still doing my 3 classes per week, boxing/pilates, but getting frustrated by the people running them. When I joined I was told I'd need to do about 6 floor Pilates classes to see where I was at and make sure I had the right technique before I could go on to reformer, which is all I ever wanted to do, I've done more than 6 classes and now whenever I ask about it I get fobbed off and it's all of a sudden 6-12 classes with no explanation :steam: I can see a relationship here between me buying 10 classes up front and my being fobbed off.

Getting really frustrated by the lack of results and how basic it is :(

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Still doing my 3 classes per week, boxing/pilates, but getting frustrated by the people running them. When I joined I was told I'd need to do about 6 floor Pilates classes to see where I was at and make sure I had the right technique before I could go on to reformer, which is all I ever wanted to do, I've done more than 6 classes and now whenever I ask about it I get fobbed off and it's all of a sudden 6-12 classes with no explanation :steam: I can see a relationship here between me buying 10 classes up front and my being fobbed off.

Getting really frustrated by the lack of results and how basic it is :(

Time to move to something more advanced then. They want to make money off you. So of course they are going to do what is easiest for them.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Time to move to something more advanced then. They want to make money off you. So of course they are going to do what is easiest for them.

It is easy for them, you're right. I've done pretty advanced reformer Pilates for about a year and made it clear when I first called to inquire that I wanted to do reformer classes, I accepted at the beginning that I'd have to do a few floor classes so they could asses where I was at but I've been asking for about 3 weeks now when I can change, I couldn't go to my class tonight but I don't plan on doing another floor class unless they can give me a damn good reason I should keep doing something I don't want to while I can feel my strength and toning getting worse. I'm not an emotional soul but this is really upsetting me cause I can feel and see my backwards progression :( It was looking so promising at the start too.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It is easy for them, you're right. I've done pretty advanced reformer Pilates for about a year and made it clear when I first called to inquire that I wanted to do reformer classes, I accepted at the beginning that I'd have to do a few floor classes so they could asses where I was at but I've been asking for about 3 weeks now when I can change, I couldn't go to my class tonight but I don't plan on doing another floor class unless they can give me a damn good reason I should keep doing something I don't want to while I can feel my strength and toning getting worse. I'm not an emotional soul but this is really upsetting me cause I can feel and see my backwards progression :( It was looking so promising at the start too.

You are to an emotional soul. :D

It's a business thing. They suck you in by making it look good, and take your money.Then slack off. And unless you raise a fuss they won't do anything more than they have to.

You could always bring a hammer to class, and threaten to kneecap 'em unless you get some results. :newwink:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are to an emotional soul. :D

It's a business thing. They suck you in by making it look good, and take your money.Then slack off. And unless you raise a fuss they won't do anything more than they have to.

You could always bring a hammer to class, and threaten to kneecap 'em unless you get some results. :newwink:

I has no soul, none! Just a lump of coal where it should be, stop spreading nasty rumours :steam:

Ooh, I have my boxing gloves in my car, would work? *dances around on toes aggressively throwing jabs* :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like you have a good argument, Trin. Plus, if they want to make any MORE money off of you, they need to give you want you want or explicitly tell you why they won't.

I wonder if the advanced class has too many or too few people. Both would explain why they don't want to upgrade you, and possibly why they'd let you walk over getting more of your money.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I has no soul, none! Just a lump of coal where it should be, stop spreading nasty rumours :steam:

Ooh, I have my boxing gloves in my car, would work? *dances around on toes aggressively throwing jabs* :D

Ooo baby... I don't need no stinkin' gloves...Bare knuckles work just fine.

Let's fight... :D

Maybe a little wrasslin'? :hug:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Does hanging out with fam count as working out? :laugh: I didnt get around to anything tonight, had errands to run with the sisters.

I'll be lazy tomorrow, work all day friday, sat, and sunday, and then recover monday and be back on track monday evening with my weight training class's workout.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm so confused.

So I was working out for two months at the beginning, and there was no change.

Then, suddenly, within the span of about a week, I lost 5 lbs.

It's been a month since then. I've kept off those 5 lbs but I haven't lost any since then, either. And don't give me any of that crap about jeans fitting looser. They haven't since that week.

What the hell is going on.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't reported in lately (though I continue to exercise almost every day).

30 m on the stationary bike, 45 m walking, plus weighted exercises and calisthenics. Enough to sweat through my shirt. Go me!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So I was sick today. I even had a fever! That would explain the sitting around yesterday. So I missed yesterday and today, pretty sure I'll miss tomorrow.

MBTI Type
INTJ
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone in the thread who makes it easier to work hard because you're not alone. And special thanks to Udog for starting it :)