• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
So. I just got home from my record APFT evaluation.

On 3 hours of sleep thanks to car mishaps, I scored a 271 out of 300 possible points.
Push ups - 42 (I quit after 100%. I'm not there to impress anyone lol.)
Sit-ups - 83 (3 over 100%. I was miscounting.)
Run - 18:26 for 2 miles (An exact minute shaved off of my last time, and ranks 71 points out of 100)

I told you, you would be fine. :hug:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
sorry udog. i'm still aroundish. had a health concern (everything's ok now) so i took a few weeks off. still losing weight even without exercise so that's good i suppose. thanks for thinking of me. :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I feel like a retard.

I went to school today thinking I'd be okay -- didn't feel that bad or anything -- but then got sent home after two hours with a fever (99.7).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So. I just got home from my record APFT evaluation.

On 3 hours of sleep thanks to car mishaps, I scored a 271 out of 300 possible points.
Push ups - 42 (I quit after 100%. I'm not there to impress anyone lol.)
Sit-ups - 83 (3 over 100%. I was miscounting.)
Run - 18:26 for 2 miles (An exact minute shaved off of my last time, and ranks 71 points out of 100)
:static: Congratulations!

I am doing heavy lifting, moving furniture, and other physical exercise, so I'm counting that as #1 for this week.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Thanks mom :blush: I'm feeling the effects of it all today.

Thus far: First mini-goal: lose weight to fit into clothes. This not only got accomplished, but now some of my clothes are too big :laugh:
Second goal: Drop 20 lbs. I was at 150 when I made this goal. My height/weight standards last night put me at 136. I'm 6 lbs away from my goal. Being it's close to the holidays, I have no doubt this will bounce up and down a bit between now and January, but I am honestly comfortable at this weight currently.
Third goal: Pass the PT test. Totally demolished it.

Next mini-goal: Get a 300 on the PT test. There's another Record one coming up in January. I think I may prepare for it over the next month and a half to see if I can't get a 300. My requirements for it:

Push-ups: 46 in 2 minutes. I just realized it goes UP with my age, I had been going by the old standards. :doh: So I missed 100% by 4 push-ups. This will surely be corrected.
Sit-ups: 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes. Already accomplished, I just need to continue working on it to maintain that standard.
2 mile run: 15:36. 16:36 will put me at a PT score of 290, which is still enough to get me a PT patch, so I'll go for 15:36 and be satisfied with a range of 15:36 - 16:36.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was run over by a shopping cart this evening. My Achilles tendon is scraped and swollen. :(

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 8 of P90X completed. It's a repeat of last week, so today was Back and Chest. I added the military handles for my push ups. My number of straight pushups increased slightly, although at the cost of my knee based push ups. I changed the chair position of my pull ups to make it slightly more challenging, so those numbers are slightly lower as well. I increased the weight of all dumbbell based exercises.

My suits are all tailored.

For my internship over xmas I'm gonna have to wear them everyday.

I don't fit well in my suit pants since I've been trying to gain weight.

Guess I'm gonna get to see how quick I can drop some LBs b4 xmas.

Being able to fit into my suit is a high priority for me, as well. I was hoping to be able to do it for this weekend, but alas, past slacking has held me back.

Good luck!

Excellent suggestion.:)

It makes a HUGE difference when you are feeling lazy and not wanting to do anything. If all I have is healthy food at my place, I end up eating healthy just because I don't feel like going out to get something else. :D

sorry udog. i'm still aroundish. had a health concern (everything's ok now) so i took a few weeks off. still losing weight even without exercise so that's good i suppose. thanks for thinking of me. :)

Hey Jen, thanks for the update! I'm glad things are better now. Go forth, and kick butt! :D

Thus far: First mini-goal: lose weight to fit into clothes. This not only got accomplished, but now some of my clothes are too big :laugh:
Second goal: Drop 20 lbs. I was at 150 when I made this goal. My height/weight standards last night put me at 136. I'm 6 lbs away from my goal. Being it's close to the holidays, I have no doubt this will bounce up and down a bit between now and January, but I am honestly comfortable at this weight currently.
Third goal: Pass the PT test. Totally demolished it.

Next mini-goal: Get a 300 on the PT test. There's another Record one coming up in January. I think I may prepare for it over the next month and a half to see if I can't get a 300. My requirements for it:

I love hearing success stories. Thank you so much for sharing that. Congratulations, and awesome job.

I was run over by a shopping cart this evening. My Achilles tendon is scraped and swollen. :(

:( If you need to reduce the number of exercises this week, do so. I marked you down for an injury. If you can't put full weight on it without pain, please don't push it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 12 Begins - Preparing for the Holidays

First, I'd like to take a moment to welcome Cenomite. Remember, Biaxident will give you a giant bear hug if you start slacking off too much. :D Good luck!

I have a request if anyone happens to read this: What holiday tips do you guys have?

We are quickly approaching the end of the year holidays and festivities. This can be a particularly brutal time when it comes to getting in exercises and eating healthy, and many a dietary and exercise regimen have fallen during this time period.

However, we are better than that. So what tips do you guys have to make it through this time period? If I get any good tips, I'll compile them together into a post for next week. :)

Anyway, here are the results for Week 11. I'll update this as people report in.

Code:
Antimony	10
Cenomite	+0
Clonester	7
Elaur		2
ergophobe	1
Fidelia		7
INTJMom		+1
Jen		10
Kyuuei		8
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		5
Tallulah	7
Udog		3
Wolfy		10

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness

Those yet to report.
Blackcat
Colors
Jeffster
ladypinkington
nynesneg
Trinity
Winged

Have a great week, everyone!

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Easy day in gym class. Went running to some new music, played around during the run (jumping, running in "slo mo".. aka jumping really big in each step, shuffling side to side during the chorus.. etc.) until I was tired and then walked back. Did some walking on the tred, a bit of sit ups, and a bit of arms, nothing big, and stretched really good to help my poor sore body recover.

My holiday tip: Reduced portions. Try everything you wanna try, just put on your plate smaller amounts than you're used to. That way, you get to eat all the stuff everyone cooked, but you're not eating yourself silly. I don't worry too much about what it is I intake, but if I want more food I make sure it's the healthier things being increased (vegetables and such). Eating smaller amounts and slowing down your consumption a bit usually gets me through alright.

And thank you :blush:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
:( If you need to reduce the number of exercises this week, do so. I marked you down for an injury. If you can't put full weight on it without pain, please don't push it.
Ok... thanks... I still have a lot more to do, but I'll be careful not to injure myself any further.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Here's last week's:
11/9
Had an egg salad and veggie sandwich for lunch, with carrots and sun chips. Had a few slices of pizza and frozen yogurt for dinner, and got hash browns and english muffins later that night.
Eating: ok
Exercise: no

11/10
Got a sandwhich for lunch, veggies and potatoes for dinner, and had a sort of makeshift stroganoff later that night. Walked around for about 30 minutes.
Exercise: 30 min

11/11
Sweet potato fries and banana bread for lunch. Rice with veggies and some potstickers for dinner, a slice of pizza and frozen yogurt.

11/12
Croissant and coffee for breakfast, a dinner of scrambled eggs, spinach, potatoes and a really sweet cookie. Did about 15 minutes of mixed yoga and dancing around (my repetoire now includes skanking and the jerk).
Eating: good
Exercise: 15 min

11/13
Croissant and coffee for breakfast, a sandwich with veggies for lunch, enchiladas+rice+beans for dinner.

11/14
Chiles rellenos, rice, beans, lettuce and tortillas for lunch. Curried goat and rice for dinner. Munched on some licorice. Did 30 minutes of yoga/dancing. Also got in about 15 minutes of extreme tickle fighting (seriously, my friends play rough). Had a small milkshake later.
Eating: too much
Exercise: 45 min

11/15
Almonds and licorice for breakfast. Had the leftover curried goat and some marshmallows for lunch. Cup o noodles and a fruit smoothie for dinner. Also had two mini doughnuts.
Eating: pretty good

TOTAL:
Exercise: 1.5/3
Cheat Day -1

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Any ideas for what I could bring to school as protein without having to lug around an ice pack with it? The only thing I can think of is like, peanuts.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Any ideas for what I could bring to school as protein without having to lug around an ice pack with it? The only thing I can think of is like, peanuts.

Beef jerky, protein bars, most nuts, boiled eggs. First things to come to mind.

wolfy

awsm
Beef jerky, protein bars, most nuts, boiled eggs. First things to come to mind.

What he said. Almonds are number one of all the nuts. You can't go past almonds. You can mix protein powder into things and cook/bake it, the protein degrades a bit but not completely and you don't lose the aminos you need for training from it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I missed two days last week.

I've been so slacking and I can feel my body not appreciating it. I also took time off because I felt so tired all the time - I don't know how I'm going to deal with that. BUT that being said, I stayed up overnight one night when I was not working out. So apparently I like living in exhaustion, so I might as well be exhausted with working out.

wolfy

awsm
I forget, are you going to the gym? Train anyway, even if you are tired. Try and get more sleep. Count sheep or something...

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No, I decided the gym wasn't going to work this year. They have short hours with babysitters so I would have to stick to a schedule of a couple hours in the morning or evening. Waste of money. My daughter goes to school next year so if I'm not babysitting my niece I should be able to do the gym whenever I want.

I also feel funny working out in front of people!

wolfy

awsm
No, I decided the gym wasn't going to work this year. They have short hours with babysitters so I would have to stick to a schedule of a couple hours in the morning or evening. Waste of money. My daughter goes to school next year so if I'm not babysitting my niece I should be able to do the gym whenever I want.

I also feel funny working out in front of people!

I love working out in front of people. I'm such an extrovert...

So you train at home. What is stopping you from training? Do you not have a long enough space in your day?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, I was just dead tired all the time. I had to get some stuff done around the house so I conserved my energy. I don't know, I'm really tired after working out. Maybe I'm not going to bed early enough.