• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P90X 6/90: Kenpo X

Not much to report here - just a cardio workout that involved punches, kicks, and blocks. Pretty solid stuff. I used my heart rate monitor for the first time today, and it proved really helpful. There were a couple of times I was above my 135-165 target heart rate, and took an extra break. A couple of other times, I was about to rest and noticed I was only at 150 bpm, and decided to kick it up just a bit longer.

Oh - this concludes week 1. Tomorrow is a rest or stretch day. I'll likely go for the stretching, because I am sooooooooooooooore.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that I'm gonna jump in late. I have a gut that I need to be rid of!

I don't know what the specific procedure we're supposed to follow is, so for now, if I bitch out and eat something bad or don't go to the gym, I'll post about it here so you can all give me shit :D. I think that having a bunch of people who will call me a bitch if I slack off is the best motivation that there is for me.

Question: Do people usually post after every time they exercise? I saw in the OP that you should post the exercises you do, but I don't want to flood the thread.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think that I'm gonna jump in late. I have a gut that I need to be rid of!

I don't know what the specific procedure we're supposed to follow is, so for now, if I bitch out and eat something bad or don't go to the gym, I'll post about it here so you can all give me shit :D. I think that having a bunch of people who will call me a bitch if I slack off is the best motivation that there is for me.

Question: Do people usually post after every time they exercise? I saw in the OP that you should post the exercises you do, but I don't want to flood the thread.
Hey Cenomite! Welcome! :hi:

Basically, it's up to you to choose the exercise/eating/etc. that you want to do.
We're just here to cheer you on and give you someone to be accountable to. :static:
Some people choose to report at the end of the week.
Some people choose to report each time they reach their goal.
For instance, it's my goal to exercise 3 times per week, and I choose to report in, 3 times per week, after I do my exercises for the day.
It doesn't matter to UDog except that he's keeping track of how many "cheats" each person uses, so that he can give out the prize at the end.

Speaking of which... I guess I'll go do mine now, so I don't have to use a cheat for today.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Cenomite! Welcome! :hi:

Basically, it's up to you to choose the exercise/eating/etc. that you want to do.
We're just here to cheer you on and give you someone to be accountable to. :static:
Some people choose to report at the end of the week.
Some people choose to report each time they reach their goal.
For instance, it's my goal to exercise 3 times per week, and I choose to report in, 3 times per week, after I do my exercises for the day.
It doesn't matter to UDog except that he's keeping track of how many "cheats" each person uses, so that he can give out the prize at the end.

Speaking of which... I guess I'll go do mine now, so I don't have to use a cheat for today.

Thanks for the welcome, and for the info! It's good for me to have someone to be accountable to. I could count the number of decent things I've accomplished without anyone to answer to on one mutated, few-fingered hand. It's the P, I just can't help it :(

Alright I like the posting whenever you achieve a goal or at the week idea. I'll just combine them, and make weekly goals :p

Goals:
- Go to the gym on all Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. (This can be for 30 minutes or cardio, or weightlifting).
- No more generic fast-food (McDonald's, BK, etc). Limit eating out to once every 2 weeks most.
- Eat at least 2 good, non ultra-processed or fattening meals every day
- Bike somewhere more than 15 minutes away one-way at least twice a week.

Starting small for now, I'll work my way up if I manage to keep this going. Things like the small biking goal are more to get me into the rhythm of living a more healthy life-style (I almost gagged on my own pompousness when I said "healthy life-style, ugh buzzwords :p).

I can't wait to get started next week, it's gonna be awesome.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This morning I woke up with the other shoulder sore, too.

And I had to practice viola. 30 minutes. It was terrible.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for the welcome, and for the info! It's good for me to have someone to be accountable to. I could count the number of decent things I've accomplished without anyone to answer to on one mutated, few-fingered hand. It's the P, I just can't help it :(

Alright I like the posting whenever you achieve a goal or at the week idea. I'll just combine them, and make weekly goals :p

Goals:
- Go to the gym on all Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. (This can be for 30 minutes or cardio, or weightlifting).
- No more generic fast-food (McDonald's, BK, etc). Limit eating out to once every 2 weeks most.

Starting small for now, I'll work my way up if I manage to keep this going. Things like the small biking goal are more to get me into the rhythm of living a more healthy life-style (I almost gagged on my own pompousness when I said "healthy life-style, ugh buzzwords :p).

Good for you!
Those sounds like excellent goals!

And I've just finished my exercises for today!
Which means I did my 3 days for the week!
It's a lot harder at night than it is in the morning!
For me, anyway.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Goals:

Hey Cenomite, welcome to the thread!

Yeah, I'll be happy to put your name in the list if you'd like. (I'll be up for taking new people until the end of this month. That's the halfway marker.) Mom covered the bases, but yeah - you can either report at the end of the week OR as you complete the exercises. Whichever you prefer. As far as I can tell, hearing about people exercising is only inspiring others to exercise, so I wouldn't feel bad about the daily reports.

Alternatively, you can just participate in this thread, minus me checking up on you. We have several people doing that, and that's fine too! It depends on if you find my checking up on you helpful or annoying. :D

Just let me know which you prefer. :) If you would like to be listed, then I'll count your admirable goals as exercising 4x a week. As far as your fast food goals, you may find it difficult to give it up all at once. If you fail on that particular avenue, keep up at it. It took me 4 months to get my diet on track, but my persistence has paid off. Don't let bad weeks sabotage your efforts!

Good for you!
Those sounds like excellent goals!

And I've just finished my exercises for today!
Which means I did my 3 days for the week!
It's a lot harder at night than it is in the morning!
For me, anyway.

Excellent job! And I agree about the night vs day thing. It depends on the person, but you have to keep in mind that by the end of the day, your body has already been through alot. First thing in the morning, it's fresh from a night of sleep.

I've noticed my exercises are generally better in the morning as well, assuming I got at least 6.5 hours of sleep.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being checked up on. If anything it would keep me in check. Stick my name on that list then :p.

Also thanks for the words about the diet. Honestly the diet is what's been keeping my motivation down to start this whole thing, it's so annoying to eat healthy. I gotta suck it up though.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being checked up on. If anything it would keep me in check. Stick my name on that list then :p.

Also thanks for the words about the diet. Honestly the diet is what's been keeping my motivation down to start this whole thing, it's so annoying to eat healthy. I gotta suck it up though.

I'll be watching....:thelook:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Went to the doctor, they thought I got some virus, and they told me to get some rest and take mucinex and they gave me a perscription for an inhaler.

No exercise today, I'm afraid.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's gotten alot easier for me, but it took awhile. Like, several months awhile. The trick is to take the victories you can and use that to build up momentum. Also, never use a bad meal to justify another bad meal (aka, "I had a crappy breakfast so that means I might as well have cake for lunch").

Cleaning your kitchen of junk food, and replacing it with healthy alternatives, is also a good place to start.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My suits are all tailored.

For my internship over xmas I'm gonna have to wear them everyday.

I don't fit well in my suit pants since I've been trying to gain weight.

Guess I'm gonna get to see how quick I can drop some LBs b4 xmas.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So. I just got home from my record APFT evaluation.

On 3 hours of sleep thanks to car mishaps, I scored a 271 out of 300 possible points.
Push ups - 42 (I quit after 100%. I'm not there to impress anyone lol.)
Sit-ups - 83 (3 over 100%. I was miscounting.)
Run - 18:26 for 2 miles (An exact minute shaved off of my last time, and ranks 71 points out of 100)