• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 4/90: Yoga X. Done. Sort of.

For the first time during the P90x, I feel truly and utterly outclassed by the workout. About 40 minutes into the hour and a half yoga routine, my muscles were pretty shot and I was starting to feel light headed and dizzy, so I called it quits. I did watch the rest of it, though. The first 50 minutes are all variations of the same basic exercise, and if I could have made it 8 more minutes I would have gone on to different, and in some cases, easier stuff.

I'll continue on for now, but I may need to find alternatives. If nothing else, though, I'm learning what areas I really need to work on to get myself back in shape.

I have dropped from the competition. For the past few weeks, I've done nothing else than my final work to graduate from my school. I've been very very slightly ill, due to small fungus problem at my home, and my extra sensitivity to it. I found the problem spot and cleaned it, removing my problems. I haven't found the physical strenght for anything but walking & flexibility exercises for some time. I think my time schedule contributes to it. I write my work 10-12 hours a day, on average, day on, day on. I've been too something something perhaps to exercise.

My time of walking / week has reduced to less than an hour. Flexibility, just once/twice per week, 5-10 minutes at a time.

But, I positively know I want to get good health & fitness back, and I'll be able if I graduate :) I'll have that much of a better opportunity for good work, which will leave me plenty of time for exercise, later.

Sorry to hear you have to drop out of the competition. However, school definitely comes first. I wish you the best! I hope you continue with the walking and flexibility, though! A healthy body makes for a healthy mind.

Good luck! :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Didn't get to walk to school today. I walked a little, remembered I forgot something, tried to run back, got too winded to continue, and then walked back, and then had convince my dad to drive me to school. :(

Running felt absolutely horrible. I don't understand it.

25 minutes weight training.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did watch the rest of it, though.
:smile: You just reminded me...
The first day my exercise videos came in the mail, my family got a big kick out of the fact that I sat down with a bowl of popcorn to watch them!! :D

My reasoning was entirely sound...
I just wanted to know what to expect! :smile:

wolfy

awsm
Kids need to fight obesity and learn survival skills, I'd be helping here!

You aren't obese though are you?
You leave that important job to the Sumo wrestlers.

71135131.jpg

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:smile: You just reminded me...
The first day my exercise videos came in the mail, my family got a big kick out of the fact that I sat down with a bowl of popcorn to watch them!! :D

My reasoning was entirely sound...
I just wanted to know what to expect! :smile:

Hahaha! I've been doing the same thing, when I have time. I'll cook dinner, plop down on the couch, and start watching the next day's videos. I generally have a better workout when I do that, too, because I know where I can push myself and where I may need to pace myself.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Relaxing today. My big PT test is this weekend, so wish me luck!! I've been preparing for it since August, so I hope to be okay.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Hahaha! I've been doing the same thing, when I have time. I'll cook dinner, plop down on the couch, and start watching the next day's videos. I generally have a better workout when I do that, too, because I know where I can push myself and where I may need to pace myself.

Nothing like the feeling that your skin is going to split because the body part you're working is full of blood. And you're out of breath from pushing the weights with max intensity, with maximum focus.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school

25 minutes yoga and by that I mean MY SHOULDER OH GAWD MY SHOULDER OH GOD

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 5 of P90x: Legs and Back. Ahem, I mean Legs and Back Super-Ripper-Blaster-X!!!! THIS IS THE "X", BABY!!!

Do I really need to mention the workout was brutal? How about the fact that I had to chair assist my pullups, or take extra breaks? I think you can just assume that from now on.

Anyway, the exercises were lumped into groups of 3: squat/wall squat variation, lunge/deadlift variation, and then a pull up variation. There were 4 groups of that, and then we started over for Round 2. Surprisingly, they continued with new leg exercises, but they repeated the pull up exercises verbatim.

I've made 3 decisions regarding P90x.

A) I'm going to give it 3 weeks. If I'm not making noticeable gains by then, I'm going to scale it back to something more my level.

B) If I do notice gains, I'll extend each phase by an extra week. So instead of doing 3 on weeks and a rest week, I'll do 4 weeks and a rest week. The documentation for the program said this was an option. This means, technically, I'll be doing more than 90 days of this.

C) I'll likely start seeing a physical therapist for my knee starting next week. If she says to quit doing it - I'll quit doing it.

Nothing like the feeling that your skin is going to split because the body part you're working is full of blood. And you're out of breath from pushing the weights with max intensity, with maximum focus.

Amen. Right now, I am on TypeC because I'm not sure if I can make it to the shower or not. :laugh:

.8 mi to school

25 minutes yoga and by that I mean MY SHOULDER OH GAWD MY SHOULDER OH GOD

Oh man, I hear you. It's no wonder that people who do Yoga are so lean and muscular - it's brutal!

Hopefully that's good pain in your shoulder, though.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh man, I hear you. It's no wonder that people who do Yoga are so lean and muscular - it's brutal!

Hopefully that's good pain in your shoulder, though.

No, it's the bad kind, the very very very very bad kind oh God my shoulders aren't meant to support 170 lbs oh God oh God oh God...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
:thelook:

Should I buy you a nice frilly dress? :D

I would rather like one but unless it's strapless I won't be able to get into it and I was crying because it hurt so much and could barely get back to the locker rooms because I was so dizzy what the fuck is wrong with me.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, it's the bad kind, the very very very very bad kind oh God my shoulders aren't meant to support 170 lbs oh God oh God oh God...

Ice it! But use a towel between you and the ice, and don't leave it on there for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Also, if it's an option, take an Advil.

And please be careful with your rotator cuff! Those things are hard to fix.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Ice it! But use a towel between you and the ice, and don't leave it on there for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Also, if it's an option, take an Advil.

And please be careful with your rotator cuff! Those things are hard to fix.

*nod*

Rest. Ice. Wait 24 hours. Heat. Rest. Ice. Rest. Repeat.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Next time the teacher puts in a yoga video I'm running away screaming and sobbing, I don't know if it's supposed to be so trauma-inducing but it was.