• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shoulders and cardio out of the way! I pressed my luck and went for a walk in the woods afterward. I just missed making it back by sunset. My foot got very well acquainted with a couple of roots near the end of the path. When it comes to roots sticking out of the ground, you can say their bark is worse than their bite.

Sorry.

Woot woot!

Thanks. Your discipline has been pretty inspirational to me.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you have a better word for it? I'm all about the power of the language we use (it's not a "problem", but a "challenge", etc etc). I just wasn't able to think up a better word.

Check. You checked your body's craving for sugar by having one piece of cake.

Anyway, I'm just confessing where I'm coming short. I don't want to give the impression that this is super easy or that I'm doing a perfect job with this.

Feet of clay, eh? :D

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it, although it's been everyone sharing their experiences that have made this thread what it is. So thank you. I've gotten far more than I've given. :)

And modest too. :hug:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Stressful week but did make it in today for a 40 minute session on the elliptical.

A couple of days last week, I had actually stopped craving or enjoying food for a few days. Wonder what it was. Not fun :cry:

Now that I have my energy and appetite back, :happy:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercises this morning, so I have successfully completed my goal for the week!
I was just thinking about it this morning... if it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have gotten motivated to start back up again.
I'm very thankful for this thread... and not just for UDog, but for everyone else too.
It's not as much fun with just a couple of people.

For me, exercising is not just a luxury, it's a health-necessity.
I appreciate the encouragement and support. :)
You're the only people in the WHOLE WORLD who care about me doing my exercises.
So thanks. :hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Did the short route today because everyone else in the house is sick and I hope I'm not getting sick.

I think I have a goal. 150 lbs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I exercised legs today, which completes the week. This is the first time during the contest that I completed two weeks in a row. (Yay me.)

I'm going to try and mix it up next week. I purchased a pair of Power Blocks and a yoga mat, and borrowed the P90x from my friend. I think I'm going to give it a shot. :) The thing seems brutal, and I may not be ready for it yet, but I want to at least try.

Did the short route today because everyone else in the house is sick and I hope I'm not getting sick.

I think I have a goal. 150 lbs.

I'll cross my fingers that you remain in good health! Oh, and congratulations with your jeans fitting better! I'm so very happy that you are finally starting to see some positive results. You deserve it!

wolfy

awsm
Good luck!

I did some abs and am going hiking in the mountains today for a change of pace.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Been a while since I updated - still on track with the running, biking, and Bowflex. The bowflex is still broken, but I adjusted my workout to compensate. Although I should try to find the parts to fix it :huh:.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
11/2
Had yogurt for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, frozen yogurt for dinner. Ate a bit of candy. Did 20 minutes of yoga.
Eating: ok
Exercise: 20 min

11/3
Had oatmeal for breakfast, a sandwich and carrots for lunch, a sugary coffee drink and lots of candy. Did about an hour of walking.
Eating: not great
Exercise: 1 hour

11/4
Lunch was sweet potato fries. Had some yogurt, berries, and carrots for dinner.
Exercise: no

11/5
Got fried chicken and french fries for lunch (blegh!). Had bran cereal, coffee, soymilk and a little pie later.
Eating: quantity was perfect, quality not so great

11/6
Bran cereal and soymilk for breakfast. Had a dinner of meatloaf, a baked potato, and cucumbers in balsamic vinegar. Homemade cherry pie for dessert.
Eating: good

11/7
Coffee and bran cereal for breakfast. More coffee. Chips, beans, lettuce, salsa for dinner. Some pie for dessert. Spent at least 4 hours walking around the city.
Eating: good
Exercise: 4 hours

11/8
A large breakfast of egg, bacon, homemade hashbrowns and toast. Had some cereal for lunch, and for dinner I had corned beef, eggs, toast, and fruit.

TOTAL:
Exercise: 3/3
Eating: Ok, but lacking vegetables and I've eaten a lot more red and fatty meats than I would prefer to have eaten.

I weighed myself and I have hardly lost any weight, but my stamina is much better than it was a few months ago. Also I think I look better, I'm definitely a little more muscular and I'm generally pretty happy with the way I look (even if I'm not that slender...meh, that's kind of how I'm built). I still want to get back into my old eating habits from a few weeks ago, but I'm not so concerned any more.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ran/walked 2 miles yesterday. Did mucho house cleaning all day today.

Good night!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did Day 1 of the P90X: Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X. It's every bit as brutal as I figured it would be. I had to do the 'easy' versions of most of the exercises. :cry:

My wrists were hurting during the push ups. I'm going to go out and buy some push up handles to fix that for the next time. Also, instead of using a chair for the many, many chin ups during the workout, I bought some cables for the door. It's a pull down motion that works the same muscle groups, and is a bit easier and better suited for my level right now. I'll save the chin up bar for later.

Been a while since I updated - still on track with the running, biking, and Bowflex. The bowflex is still broken, but I adjusted my workout to compensate. Although I should try to find the parts to fix it :huh:.

You should! Although we all know you'll just tear your mighty bowflex asunder once again, so perhaps holding off is for the best. :laugh:

Thanks for the update!

Homemade cherry pie for dessert.

:drool:

TOTAL:
Exercise: 3/3
Eating: Ok, but lacking vegetables and I've eaten a lot more red and fatty meats than I would prefer to have eaten.

I weighed myself and I have hardly lost any weight, but my stamina is much better than it was a few months ago. Also I think I look better, I'm definitely a little more muscular and I'm generally pretty happy with the way I look (even if I'm not that slender...meh, that's kind of how I'm built). I still want to get back into my old eating habits from a few weeks ago, but I'm not so concerned any more.

Good job. What caused the change in eating habits compared to a few weeks ago? (Feel free not to answer if you don't wanna. :) )