• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Very interesting article Udog!!

I've been debating the muscle issue for quite some time. I want to build muscle.. but I'm already pretty hulk-like without it. So I'm wondering how to balance that.

I've been focusing on my running and arms, and I'll continue to do so today. I'm gonna bump the jogging up to 7.0 on the first mile and 6.5 on the second mile today and see how that goes. Monday while running I ran 6.5 the whole time and I did decent.

I dunno my weight so as far as I know I had lost 10 lbs over the course of 3 months, but I did notice this morning my stomach is doing this weird thing.. It's like sticking out where the abs are, and is sorta sunken in in the areas around it. :wacko: You still can't see the ab muscles themselves, I dunno if I'll ever have THAT, but it looks funky to me lol.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been debating the muscle issue for quite some time. I want to build muscle.. but I'm already pretty hulk-like without it. So I'm wondering how to balance that.

In what way do you want to build muscle? If you just want to get stronger, without getting much bigger, you want to do heavier weights under 6 reps. However, THAT is actually pretty tricky and potentially dangerous, so that would be something you work towards instead of just jumping right into it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes, strength is essentially what I want. I nearly never go for looks over functionality.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Check out the quoted portion: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/895325-post1230.html

I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing really heavy weights at 5 reps unless you've been lifting for awhile, though. Poor technique can lead to injury, so it's important you have the technique down right, first.

If you decide to do 5 reps, increase the weights a bit at a time, being slow and smart about it.

In the meantime, my suggestion is to avoid the 9-12 range, as I've always considered that the optimal 'make me look bigger' range.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
My goal for the rest of this week is to ride in every day instead of driving.
...Except on Tuesday, I walked because I didn't have my bike.

I'm also going to start an experiment. I'm going to take an existing route and instead of doing the whole thing, run for 15 or 30 minutes then turn around and run back. Then repeat. I can track my progress by how far I get in the allotted time, instead of using those boring numbers like "Oh I ran the route today in 52 minutes. Whoopeee."

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Very interesting article Udog!!

Whatchu talkin' 'bout? You're just a petite little thing...:D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my 2nd group of exercises today.
The goal is to do them 3 times per week.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went for my 60 minute walk and did my Chest and Triceps exercise. Because my trail closes at dark, this will likely be the last time I'll be able to do both for quite some time.

Cheated yesterday and had a slice of cheesecake after I finished my salad. It was so not worth it. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
That I cheated, or that I won't be doing it again anytime soon? I can see shame in both! :D

All I know is, calling it cheating makes it sound bad.

I am pretty sure I mentioned before about not feeling guilty for quashing a craving. Eat one piece, and don't feel guilty. Eat the whole thing. And you should feel guilty.

Shame is for sissies when it comes to most things, know yourself. Know why you did it, and let it go. Work a little harder if you feel you must. But don't hurt yourself.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I dunno if I posted yesterday. I'm down to 137 officially. Completed gym class, and demolished aerobics today. we had an easier day of Krav Maga class, thank heavens.

wolfy

awsm
I trained after work with my workmates. We had a little competition to see who had the best max bench, I won, I only did 110kg. We had a competition to see who could get the most reps with 45 kg, I won, I got fifty reps but I'm spent now. I also trained every other muscle I could think of in a muck around in the gym fashion.

wolfy

awsm
I think we should all give Udog a hand for starting this thread. And also for all the effort he has been putting in helping everybody.

Good Job.  

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I know is, calling it cheating makes it sound bad.

I am pretty sure I mentioned before about not feeling guilty for quashing a craving. Eat one piece, and don't feel guilty. Eat the whole thing. And you should feel guilty.

Do you have a better word for it? I'm all about the power of the language we use (it's not a "problem", but a "challenge", etc etc). I just wasn't able to think up a better word.

Anyway, I'm just confessing where I'm coming short. I don't want to give the impression that this is super easy or that I'm doing a perfect job with this.

I think we should all give Udog a hand for starting this thread. And also for all the effort he has been putting in helping everybody.

Good Job.  

Agreed Wolfy. Amazing job Udog :D

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it, although it's been everyone sharing their experiences that has made this thread what it is. So thank you. I've gotten far more than I've given. :)