• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
35 minutes of cardio, 3 upper body exercises with free weights. Done.

wolfy

awsm
Upper body.

Bench
Incline DB bench
DB rows
Cardio

My bench is improving and my ankle feels better.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ahhh I'm having trouble sticking to eating healthy the last two days. I feel tired all the time (vegetarian? or just not sleeping? Both?) and am drinking too much "diet crap" (I know it's not good for me - my throat even starts to hurt)

I really want to kick this weight but I'm having trouble being healthy. Waa.

wolfy

awsm
Ahhh I'm having trouble sticking to eating healthy the last two days. I feel tired all the time (vegetarian? or just not sleeping? Both?) and am drinking too much "diet crap" (I know it's not good for me - my throat even starts to hurt)

Getting enough protein?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, I am eating like I did when I was a veggie in my 20s but I wasn't working out. I think I'm going to add a soy protein drink after I work out.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ahh, I tweaked my hamstring a bit from overdoing my running the past few days, particularly yesterday. I wont be running again until Tuesday so it'll be fine by then.

I got my 3x cardio in for this week!

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I am eating like I did when I was a veggie in my 20s but I wasn't working out. I think I'm going to add a soy protein drink after I work out.

No dairy?
If you do...
Whey is better after a workout because it is digested fast. And has a better amino profile than soy.

Casein based protein are better as a meal repalcement as they are digested more slowly.

Cottage cheese is great.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm ovo lacto vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs). I haven't been eating my eggs after I work out though. Oops.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did Shoulders and cardio today.

Wait, what's that sound? OH! It's the sound of me successfully completing a week without cheats! I don't blame you for not recognizing that sound. :cheese: I have 3 cheats to spread over 4 months. I think I can do this if I can make it past Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years with only 2 cheats.

I'll be cheating on my diet a bit today as I think I'm going to have some pancakes at the Cracker Barrel with the family. That'll be 3-4 cheat meals over the week, at 6 meals a day. (Many are just small snacks, though.) That's 4/(7*6) = 4/(42) = 9.5% failure to comply. 90.5% compliance.

I've lost another pound from my lowest point from a few weeks ago. That puts me at 287.4.

I'm ovo lacto vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs). I haven't been eating my eggs after I work out though. Oops.

*tsk tsk*

I can't remember if I repped you, and I'm too lazy to check, but another issue I sometimes see with those going vegetarian is that they aren't getting enough calories. Depending on how many vegetables you eat and where simple carbs fit into the diet, it can be difficult to eat enough.

Overall, though, I really like the lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Once I have my act together, I want to design a diet that is 85% lacto-ovo, with about 15% lean meat.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Keep it up UD...And the rest a youse...

I hadn't done any real exercise since May, and lost 80 pounds of muscle and fat. When you life falls apart, motivation is hard. Till last weekend.

What 25 years of almost constant exercise gets you, is the ability to quickly regain what you lost if you're serious about it. And don't overdo it so much, you injure yourself (Halla!:)).

5 hours total over 14 days. Not much time is it? 5 out of 336. No one's schedule is so full they can't take the time to get some exercise. Being depressed notwithstanding.

Not bad for an old geezer...

And for those who think I am attention whoring...Take your opinion, fold it into sharp corners, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
No real exercise since May and your arms still look like that with 5 hours of exercise? Wow!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

I hadn't done any real exercise since May, and lost 80 pounds of muscle and fat. When you life falls apart, motivation is hard. Till last weekend.

What 25 years of almost constant exercise gets you, is the ability to quickly regain what you lost if you're serious about it. And don't overdo it so much, you injure yourself (Halla!:)).

5 hours total over 14 days. Not much time is it? 5 out of 336. No one's schedule is so full they can't take the time to get some exercise. Being depressed notwithstanding.

And for those who think I am attention whoring...Take your opinion, fold it into sharp corners, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Damn dude!

Thats awesome keep up the good work.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

This is the exercise thread, hearing about other people doing well encourages the rest. Nothing positive is attention whoring here. :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
This is the exercise thread, hearing about other people doing well encourages the rest. Nothing positive is attention whoring here. :D

:hug:

Like I said, exercise helps keep you young. Hell, look at Jack LaLanne. In his 90's, and doesn't look much older than many 60 year old's I've met.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Questions:
1. Are you drinking too much caffeine? Sleep is SO essential and may explain the exhaustion. I've had a hard time with this recently. Also not enough water?
What I've been doing:
No caffeine after 3 or 4 pm. Don't eat a couple hours before bed. Wind down an hour before and finally, drink milk. The tryptophan induces sleep.

2. As Udog said, insufficient calories or I would add, nutrition?
Suggestions:
1. Wolfy's suggestion about protein is great - soy milk is also high and easy to imbibe.
2. Maybe tracking how much nutrition/sustenance you're getting? An easier way of tracking is calculating your weight watcher points and just seeing if you are meeting the min every day -- so many point websites online. if you're not, survival mode would be induced, reducing the rate of metabolism - low energy and slow down weight loss.
3. Do you take a vitamin supplement? I take mine with/after lunch so that I can get that surge in the afternoon when the energy boost is most needed.

Wait, what's that sound? OH! It's the sound of me successfully completing a week without cheats! I don't blame you for not recognizing that sound. :cheese: I have 3 cheats to spread over 4 months. I think I can do this if I can make it past Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years with only 2 cheats.

:woohoo: Awesome job, Udog. BTW - I did hear the sound, thought it was coming from my car engine. :cheese: Glad I don't have to get my car checked out any more.

I hadn't done any real exercise since May, and lost 80 pounds of muscle and fat. When your life falls apart, motivation is hard. Till last weekend.

:nice: Keep it up! That's right, the tough get going...Thanks for the inspiration, Biaxident. Keep us posted.

P.s. I think the ladies should post pictures of their victories too :coffee: [No bias here at all]

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Good job, Biax. Welcome back to life. :hug:

I need to use one cheat for last week.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I went walking lots this week so I'm counting them as workouts. I have spent two days this weekend plus last Monday sleeping all day. I don't know what it is that I have but it's been a month and a half! (Everyone else at school has it too!).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Great weather this weekend and I got a chance to get out and walk in the park, doing laps around the park right across the street. :)

wolfy

awsm
Nice one, Biaxindent. Glad to hear you're back in the gym. It is great to hear everybody coaching each other too.