• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Glad to see ya post there Jeff :D

Weight training class demolished. Ran 1 mile in 9:38. My best time yet. @-@ I dunno how I'm gonna survive two..

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sorry again - Just checking in - did four workouts last week. Am determined to get back into the swing of things despite lots of debilitating job stress that has rendered my guts tumultuous for the last two weeks. I've felt so drained by the time I come home I just want to sleep, but I think it is having a very negative effect. So...here I come! On a happy note - I am now two pounds from the lightest I've been in six years.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 8 Begins: We are 1/4 completed!

Congrats to Fidelia and Kyuuei for achieving weight loss milestones. Great job, guys! I'm also happy to see people mixing up their exercise routines a bit... what a great way to keep it interesting and continue challenging yourselves!

By popular request, here are the week 7 results.

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	10
Blackcat	9
Clonester	8
Colors		5
EffEmDoubleyou	7
Elaur		7
ergophobe	7
Fidelia		8
INTJMom		+0
Jeffster	10
Jen		10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		8
ladypinkington	6
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		6
Santtu		10
Tallulah	7
Udog		4
Wolfy		10

[I]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/I]

I have not heard from the following people. A couple of them have been M.I.A. for a couple of weeks now - hopefully we haven't lost them. :(
Feops
Trinity
Winged

Since this thread has been stickied, I'm hoping to open up the challenge a bit for newcomers that might be interested in officially joining us. I'm (slowly but surely) working on the update for the OP. That'll include a better explanation of the "+0" code as well.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I moved furniture and did heavy lifting and heavy housework for several hours yesterday,
so I'm going to count that as my Monday workout.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Went to Muay Thai yesterday after taking last week off due to an arm injury. Boy cardio goes away quick.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do healthy people put on salads? I can't remember what I used to use for dressing. I don't mean diet stuff, either.

I meant to reply to this, but got distracted by shiny objects.

I wouldn't recommend vegetarian diets unless you do the leg work on them first. However, it's difficult to eat too many veggies.

The recommendations you received were good (you can also try dipping your fork in a small bit of your favorite dressing for each bite instead of pouring less dressing on it). I'd also say that balsamic vinaigrette goes really well with fruit - especially strawberries, raisins, cranberries, or mandarin oranges. I personally love balsamic vinaigrette with bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Just don't overdo the olive oil - calories add up quickly!

Include protein in your salad from meats such as chicken breasts, salmon, tuna, or even turkey ham. Alternatively, go vegetarian and put beans on your salad. I'm partial to garbanzos myself, as they are quite healthy, have a solid amount of protein, and I like the taste.

Finally, if you haven't added a healthy fat source to your salad already (via alot of olive oil or cheese), add some pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds.

Went to Muay Thai yesterday after taking last week off due to an arm injury. Boy cardio goes away quick.

I was always taught that you started losing cardio endurance after 3 days of non-use.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm going to have to go through this thread and look at people's little tips and compile them for me. I :wubbie: this thread!

Ergo: Broccoli slaw? Is that like a bag of that broccoli stuff? I do love the taste of that (I like broccoli stalks a LOT better than heads, too) Do you put anything on it or just use it as salad? Also, I just randomly picked up some ww pita the other day, I'm going to try to make pita chips!

Tallulah: I'm a total sugar person, and I do find that it increases my desire to eat. I do remember I used to get one peppermint patty and eat it in little bites when I was in the mood for it. I'm going to need to find a way to consume liquids without diet stuff in them (I don't think it's good for me) and without sugar. I would never have done a diet drink back when I was eating "healthy"

Ky: Oh, that recipe sounds fun, I might just try it with tofu and see if I can pull it off! I really do need to just do the "make the right choice" diet. It's a hecka lot easier than the "counting" stuff.

I wouldn't recommend vegetarian diets unless you do the leg work on them first.

I was a healty veg in my early 20s. My daughter was vegetarian for about the first four years of her life. I really like how I feel as a vegetarian. I'm sure I will eat meat here and there, but overall I want to try to get back to it. We actually don't eat very much meat, even as a family.

However, it's difficult to eat too many veggies.

Heh, agreed.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a healty veg in my early 20s. My daughter was vegetarian for about the first four years of her life. I really like how I feel as a vegetarian. I'm sure I will eat meat here and there, but overall I want to try to get back to it. We actually don't eat very much meat, even as a family.

Cool. As long as you know what you are doing. :)

A great middle of the day snack is some sort of veggie like broccoli or baby carrots with hummus.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm going to have to go through this thread and look at people's little tips and compile them for me. I :wubbie: this thread!

Me too!

Ergo: Broccoli slaw? Is that like a bag of that broccoli stuff? I do love the taste of that (I like broccoli stalks a LOT better than heads, too) Do you put anything on it or just use it as salad? Also, I just randomly picked up some ww pita the other day, I'm going to try to make pita chips!

Yay! Let me know how the chips turn out. If it's the thin pita and the pocket kind, it may take less time and each side can make its own thin and crispy chips. :yum: I checked my bag of broccoli slaw - it's shredded broccoli (stalks only) red cabbage and carrots. I have a small helping just as a side salad with whatever I'm eating. I have also made a taco salad with it which turned out really well! Taco style lean meat or scrambled tofu browned with cumin, jalapenos, onions and garlic, salsa, a little 2% sharp cheddar shredded on a heaping helping of broccoli slaw makes for a very yummy meal. I use greek style yoghurt instead of sour cream. Udog's suggestion of other proteins are great as well. This is fun!

Tallulah: I'm a total sugar person, and I do find that it increases my desire to eat. I do remember I used to get one peppermint patty and eat it in little bites when I was in the mood for it. I'm going to need to find a way to consume liquids without diet stuff in them (I don't think it's good for me) and without sugar. I would never have done a diet drink back when I was eating "healthy"

I like making green tea or other iced homemade tea with some juice mixed in (green tea and orange) or just black tea with a little orange juice as the sweetener. Green tea and pomegranate is also quite delicious. You can add a little club soda and make it bubbly! There are also crystal light type drink mixes that use Splenda instead of aspartame.

I'm pretty much vegetarian during the week as well when left to my own devices. I eat a lot of lentils and beans for protein and seafood. I feel better too when I'm consuming less meat (red, in particular).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Aerobics class got demolished today with circuit training. I skipped Krav Maga class to go to a play for extra credit about Japanese-Americans in the 442nd.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school

25 minutes weight training.

We started a new method today. I'm really sore.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I like making green tea or other iced homemade tea with some juice mixed in (green tea and orange) or just black tea with a little orange juice as the sweetener. Green tea and pomegranate is also quite delicious. You can add a little club soda and make it bubbly! There are also crystal light type drink mixes that use Splenda instead of aspartame.

That... actually sounds really, really good.

I never quite got how to brew iced tea though :blush: and... how much orange juice to tea? Could you write up an approximate recipe please?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That... actually sounds really, really good.

I never quite got how to brew iced tea though :blush: and... how much orange juice to tea? Could you write up an approximate recipe please?

Will do! I will experiment this weekend and write up a recipe.