• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 6: A gain and a gain

Do you want to know what’s impressed me this week? We’ve reached the notorious 1 month marker, yet I’ve seen very little drop off. It’s also been wonderful hearing about people’s gains. It’s great to hear everyone’s exercise increases and improvements! Please continue to share.

Oh, and welcome INTJMom and welcome back Jen!

WEEK 5 RESULTS
Code:
Antimony	10
Blackcat	10
Clonester	8
Colors		6
EffEmDoubleyou	8
Elaur		8
ergophobe	7
Feops		9
Fidelia		9
INTJMom		+0
Jeffster	10
Jen		10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		9
ladypinkington	9
poppy		8
Santtu		10
Tallulah	7
Udog		6
Winged		8
Wolfy		10

[i] * Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/i]

People I haven’t heard from:
cafe
PinkPiranha

I haven’t yet written the update to the cheat policy that allows people to run out of cheats without disqualification, or for new participants to join, but as you've seen it's been implemented. Excuse me while I let my P show a bit on that particular aspect. I'll get around to it eventually. :D

Also, remember, sick days and injury days do not equal cheats.

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
Also, remember, sick days and injury days do not equal cheats.

Does sick of training count?
Off to the gym after lunch. Work tonight. My calves feel like someone sliced them open and put rocks inside. My traps fell like someone has been beating over the back all night.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Off to the gym after lunch. Work tonight. My calves feel like someone sliced them open and put rocks inside. My traps fell like someone has been beating over the back all night.
Poor you! That sounds awful!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I didn't get on the tredmill until today and did situps today too so I need to be accounted for one cheat day in whatever way you need to do that. I proclaimed to restart Friday [right? correct me if I am wrong], after sickness- but didn't start until today- so if I do it the next 4 days in a row I would still be keeping with my 5 days of a week goal with the addition of the cheat day if that makes any sense. Let me know if I am wrong on that.

It felt good to get back on the tredmill- I had been doing situps still but I really needed to get back on the tredmill more then anything. I hadn't played my FFIV in a while either so it was nice to get back into that too,lol.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
morning training 1hour50, i have no more time, gotta start drying then college. also i've increased my speed by a fifth in the last 3 weeks. Going nicely.

Have a nice morning guys!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ok out of the shower, got like 1 min litteraly, SO i just wanted to give 1 or two quick advice to the cardio people.
Start by something hard, start by outdoing yourself, THEN make it easy. Because you have to break through years and decades of walking and get your body used to the new needs of cardio.
And that's not only training, that's also understanding what your body needs and getting that it's better to do more cardio and eat more rather than have your metabolism go into uboat mode (for the dieters), because then YES cardio will suck as your body IS flexible but it still needs sugars.
By doing all the hard work at the begining, you'll turn cardio into something pleasant faster, because that's what anybody should want in the end, get through the pain and have a nice fine tuned pair of legs that will get through cardio like it's a walk through the park and give you more energy for the rest of the day.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ooops, forgot to post an update. Checked out another class but missed one workout cause it was a long weekend so need to use another cheat.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was quick - my new alarm clock routine has already been rendered worthless. Overslept yesterday and today, so I gotta hit the gym tomorrow morning or I'll need a cheat.

To make things worse, my knee is hurting again. Apparently my moderate-quick 35 minute elliptical on Sunday was overdoing it. Anyway, for the short term I'm going to have to remove my cardio requirement from my weekly goals. From physical therapy last year, I know that I'll be able to continue lifting, but need to take it easy on cardio.

I'll make arrangements to see the doctor and try to re-engage physical therapy on my knee. Hopefully insurance will let me do it, considering my failed attempt last year.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i'm still here :) figured something out. for me, when i was watching every little thing i put in my mouth, i gained. over the weekend i splurged (not crazy but more than i had been eating in the last two weeks) and have lost 7 pounds. soo now I am still cautious, but not being a nazi about it. also on the elliptical 45 mins a day. it was weird because even with the low calorie mixed with exercise last week, you think i'd be losing, right? maybe the starvation mode thing isn't a farce after all. ;)

last night i ate three pieces of weight watchers cheese and a little debbie cup cake thing with a diet coke and it was sooo yummy. since drinking water only and not losing i decided that i'd let myself have two diet cokes a day with water in between. i'm also following some of the biggest loser plan. the dude trainer from tbl was the one who killed me with the side lunges so i figured i'd hang with him for a while. :smile:

also wanted to let everyone know that you're all doing awesome and you're inspiring. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Ok so I feel similar to this. Should I tone it down? I'm really not sure. Is it just that I'm not stretching? My legs are constantly aching, should this be happening after 5 weeks? I have to sleep with a heating pad on them.

That being said, I always have leg (muscle) trouble when I'm working out and when it's cold. I mean always like since I was a kid (both with cold and working out). And I'm working out and it's getting cold outside.

I need more arm work, too. I think I might try a "gym free for a month" thing and see what else I can do. I really don't know much about what to do cardio that isn't going to kill my legs. Halp!

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok so I feel similar to this. Should I tone it down? I'm really not sure. Is it just that I'm not stretching? My legs are constantly aching, should this be happening after 5 weeks? I have to sleep with a heating pad on them.

That being said, I always have leg (muscle) trouble when I'm working out and when it's cold. I mean always like since I was a kid (both with cold and working out). And I'm working out and it's getting cold outside.

I need more arm work, too. I think I might try a "gym free for a month" thing and see what else I can do. I really don't know much about what to do cardio that isn't going to kill my legs. Halp!

Rowing on a machine can be cardio. Plus you will get some arm work in.

As far as legs are concerned, it may just be genetic. Is it hard to get growth out of them? Have they always been muscular? Is it a burn like when you run, or an aching pain?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm guessing it's genetic, two of my kids have the same issue. My father in law does too :/ It's like an achy pain, I can end up with cramping, too. I guess I could try a Dr. about it, I just find that Dr.s normally don't answer well to vague pains.

I'm just not sure if I should keep pushing through it or not. I should probably just vary what I'm doing and keep my legs warmer while doing it.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm guessing it's genetic, two of my kids have the same issue. My father in law does too :/ It's like an achy pain, I can end up with cramping, too. I guess I could try a Dr. about it, I just find that Dr.s normally don't answer well to vague pains.

I'm just not sure if I should keep pushing through it or not. I should probably just vary what I'm doing and keep my legs warmer while doing it.

*nods*

Like I said, try rowing. :)

It might be a vasodilation issue, a nerve issue with no actual muscular problem, or perhaps your body produces more lactic acid than normal in your legs.

And yeah, doctors these days don't seem to be interested in finding answers without charging thousands of dollars for their time.

:)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm taking off today for "injury" letting my legs recover a bit. I'll probably do some arm weights. (I don't have a rowing machine)

As part of my workout I'm also looking into gyms. :tongue10:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm taking off today for "injury" letting my legs recover a bit. I'll probably do some arm weights. (I don't have a rowing machine)

As part of my workout I'm also looking into gyms. :tongue10:

Don't need a rowing machine dear. Just a chair or bench, and some weights. Or if you're really gung-ho, do it standing and bent over.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/1/12981/06_2008/bend-over-rows.jpg

Barbell Bent-over Row

Use light weight and lots of reps...and it's aerobic exercise...:)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Elaur, add stretching to the end of your routine if you can. It won't FIX the pain, but a good stretching cool down may reduce it a bit.

Good luck gym hunting - let us know how it turns out!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does any of you have any experience with that vibro gym thing they advertize nowadays? It looks interesting, but apparently it's mostly used for toning?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Does any of you have any experience with that vibro gym thing they advertize nowadays? It looks interesting, but apparently it's mostly used for toning?

Not familiar. But if it's anything like the vibrating stuff in the past, it's a load of crap. :D

wolfy

awsm
I realised I posted My traps fell like someone has been beating over the back all night. I mean they feel like they have...

Trained my upper body this evening.

Also...
Vibrating machines don't work... at least in the gym.
And... Join a gym Elaur. You'll love it.