• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
OK, so a bit of a change- I'm doing my fall run on Sunday, instead of two weeks from now! It's supposed to be fairly warm in Ottawa this weekend, but it's going to get cold again after. So instead of running in the cold I'd much rather run in warmer weather. And soccer's done for the year. I'll be getting a gym membership within the week to keep me going for the winter.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's really hard to believe these grandiose statements without pictures/videos to back them up. Mighty glares, slaughtered vikings, tidal waves, grand thighs...mere words until we have some proof. :devil:

PP -- you up for the challenge? :cheese:

How is this on topic?
Simply exercising my freedom to question - curious minds...

I'll give you pictures but you'll have to view them with a pinhole and a scuba suit! *flexes mightily*

Hey baaaby, going my way?

:wubbie: You know it!

Oh, forgot to mention.

Instead of stopping to get a milkshake on the way home today, I managed to continue driving home and going for a 55 minute walk instead. I had a smoothie afterward. So yeah, progress!

:hug: Good job!

Not only are villagers full of yummy nutrients, but by consuming their soul you also get their strength! Studies have shown that even one villager a day will increase your basal metabolic rate.

I feel fuller these days.

Announcement: My pants fit better!

Great! :yes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yay! :static:

Um... I think I should report in 3 times a week....
either M-W-F
or
Tu-Th-Sa

:smile:

Honestly, I prefer it that way! I really enjoy hearing about people accomplishing their workouts for the day, and I know I'm not the only one.

It's just really inspiring to hear about other people getting done what they need to get done!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just really inspiring to hear about other people getting done what they need to get done!

Oh all right, little nipper! I'll kick another tidal into the sun, but just this once!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aw, look at Pink making waves in this here thread. :)

Roses are red
Violets are fluttery
Exercise is keen
and my biscuit thighs are buttery

I know. These words. Like ambrosia from teh gods.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from rolling at combat submission wrestling. We learned a pretty cool escape from the mount today.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just got done exercising my brain on an hour of cramming, followed by an hour test, followed immediately by another hour of cramming, followed immediately by 30 minutes of testing. :wacko:

My brain is like a sponge in summer - it absorbs a lot of water instantly, and then loses it just as fast. :laugh: But it got exercise too! :glasses:

wolfy

awsm
I did some weight training after work. Also we made a video of the aerobics lesson and I joined in. I'm knackered.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If it wasn't for you guys, I would NOT have done my exercises this morning!
I exercised for about 35 minutes this morning. Yay! :static:

And actually, I wanted to give credit to Risen, because I read something yesterday that he wrote about how exercise combats stress... which of course I knew but needed to be reminded. I have been REALLY stressed out lately. There is so much chaos in my life right now.

I enjoyed my exercise session and I was even a little sad when it was over. Go figure!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it wasn't for you guys, I would NOT have done my exercises this morning!
I exercised for about 35 minutes this morning. Yay! :static:

And actually, I wanted to give credit to Risen, because I read something yesterday that he wrote about how exercise combats stress... which of course I knew but needed to be reminded. I have been REALLY stressed out lately. There is so much chaos in my life right now.

I enjoyed my exercise session and I was even a little sad when it was over. Go figure!

:yay: Good job, and I'm glad you are seeing benefits so early on.

As you get used to exercising, feel free to add on a bit to your exercise routine sometimes. There have been several days where I went on a walk just because I felt like it - not because it was part of my scheduled workout.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Sheisse. Finished last week with all days done, but classes have started and thusly I am packed to the hilt with shite to do. I've worked out once this week thus far, and will post a listing of exercises because it would be a good thing to do and was mildly requested. I will probably have one cheat this week because of classes.

:run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Man Kyuuei, that sounds intense. 'Sides, doesn't your brain consume an inordinate amount of daily energy?

It's great you're joining us, INTJmom! Exercising alone can = no accountability. (Man, I did not think four times a week would be as much as it turns out to be when I have classes.) When I'm tired or stressed or Anxious, I really don't want to leave the house and do stuff, but it does make me feel better if I grow the cajones to do so.

Anyway, Thursday: 20 minutes bicycling and 50 minutes jogging/walking
Was sorely tempted to take a break celebration day before I remembered I actually *do* enjoy the outdoor activity and it ended up being one of my more productive "runs" ever. (I think the pecan pie... and all the sugary raisins definitely put a bounce in my step. :p)

How's the morning exercise working for you, Udog? I might have to switch to morning exercise to, because I am finding that I need sleep and stuff (go figure).

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been tired (stayed up too late) and felt eh this morning. I don't think I'll be able to get to it tomorrow since I'm probably going out of town to a friend's rockband party.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How's the morning exercise working for you, Udog? I might have to switch to morning exercise to, because I am finding that I need sleep and stuff (go figure).

I really like it! That is, once I got over the fact that I'm getting up at 4:30AM. :cry:

Of course, I only did it twice this week - Tue and Thur. I couldn't motivate myself to get up that early for the cardio days, so I'll need to make cardio days a bit fancier.

Anyway, benefits of waking up early to workout:

1. I finally have free (and guilt free) afternoons again! :yay:
2. I barely cheated, food wise, all week. After a tough morning workout, I no longer want junk food ruining my breakfast, lunch, or dinners. I made it a point to make even my less than perfect meals have redeeming value.
3. On my non-workout days (Wed, Fri), I still woke up at my normal 6:00AM time more energized than I have been in months. This is because my Tue/Thu workouts had me pretty tired and going to bed a bit earlier, and sleeping better.

I will admit the first 5-10 minutes when I first woke up were pretty miserable. What worked for me was to sit in my chair for a few minutes and curse about how much I hate the world, go weigh myself, and then make a smoothie and drink it as I was getting prepared for the gym. (Also, I packed my bag and everything the night before.)

If you work out in the morning, I highly advise eating some sort of snack before going to the gym. You'll be more awake and have a better workout if you do.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I really like it! That is, once I got over the fact that I'm getting up at 4:30AM. :cry:

Of course, I only did it twice this week - Tue and Thur. I couldn't motivate myself to get up that early for the cardio days, so I'll need to make cardio days a bit fancier.

Anyway, benefits of waking up early to workout:

1. I finally have free (and guilt free) afternoons again! :yay:
2. I barely cheated, food wise, all week. After a tough morning workout, I no longer want junk food ruining my breakfast, lunch, or dinners. I made it a point to make even my less than perfect meals have redeeming value.
3. On my non-workout days (Wed, Fri), I still woke up at my normal 6:00AM time more energized than I have been in months. This is because my Tue/Thu workouts had me pretty tired and going to bed a bit earlier, and sleeping better.

I will admit the first 5-10 minutes when I first woke up were pretty miserable. What worked for me was to sit in my chair for a few minutes and curse about how much I hate the world, go weigh myself, and then make a smoothie and drink it as I was getting prepared for the gym. (Also, I packed my bag and everything the night before.)

If you work out in the morning, I highly advise eating some sort of snack before going to the gym. You'll be more awake and have a better workout if you do.
^ Woo-hoo! :static:

About eating beforehand... I had a trainer last year and she said it was best to eat a small amount of protein after exercise and also, you should never exercise on an empty stomach.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Woo-hoo! :static:

About eating beforehand... I had a trainer last year and she said it was best to eat a small amount of protein after exercise and also, you should never exercise on an empty stomach.

Yup. Although I'd take it a step further and say that post exercise snacks should also include carbs. In fact, right after a workout is the best time to eat carbs - even simple ones.