• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
About to go hit up gym class. Focusing on arms and shoulders with a my usual leg presses, calf raises, and ab work.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Still slaughtering villagers on my Viking raids, kicking tidal waves into the sun, and punishing the Unwary with mighty glares pregnant with meaning.

Get ready to butter my thighs, people, 'cuz they white, hot and grand!

Hey baaaby, going my way?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from Muay Thai. Got my shit ruined today. But you know what they say "no pain, no gain":devil:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, forgot to mention.

Instead of stopping to get a milkshake on the way home today, I managed to continue driving home and going for a 55 minute walk instead. I had a smoothie afterward. So yeah, progress!

Still slaughtering villagers on my Viking raids, kicking tidal waves into the sun, and punishing the Unwary with mighty glares pregnant with meaning.

Get ready to butter my thighs, people, 'cuz they white, hot and grand!

Not only are villagers full of yummy nutrients, but by consuming their soul you also get their strength! Studies have shown that even one villager a day will increase your basal metabolic rate.

Last edited:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Tuesday report: stayed well within calorie count but need more fruit/veggies today. About to be remedied.

Awesome Latin aerobic workout - killed me but feel SO good now. Also enjoyed the dancing. :woot:

Good night!

Not only are villagers full of yummy nutrients, but by consuming their soul you also get their strength! Studies have shown that even one villager a day will increase your basal metabolic rate.

Viking souls - is that fine dining or soul food? :rofl1: I know, stop me now. I can't help myself!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Viking souls - is that fine dining or soul food? :rofl1: I know, stop me now. I can't help myself!

What would you drink with soul food? Why, a good whiskey, vodka, or other spirit, of course. :laugh:

wolfy

awsm
I'm a bit of a mess from the last two days training so I trained shoulders and arms today and rode on the bike for thirty minutes.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Udog for PMing me a reminder. I missed you guys, but classes started last week and were kicking my ass. I used two cheats last week. (Did 100 minute hike on Monday and an evening walk on Thursday.) I'm pretty sure that means I've used the most cheats out of everyone. :p I guess I still need a lot of work on time management and stuff in my life.

This week, so far:
Monday: 45 minutes evening jogging; eating = pretty good except for the full third of a box of cereal I ate for breakfast (but really made me feel energetic for the rest of the day- maybe I don't get enough carbs?)
Tuesday: will now be an official break day (almost 8 hrs of scheduled classes!)
Wednesday: 35 minutes hiking, 20 minutes bicycling to and from school (going to try and do this more- it's only 1.2-1.5 miles away, I think)

Has it already been a month? Yikes. I haven't improved at all, but I think I can get back to baseline this week. High fives to everyone still sticking around.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'd like to join... even if I don't qualify for a prize cuz I'm late to the party.

I have a 30 minute video workout that it's my goal to work out with 3 times a week...
but without someone to care whether I get it done or not,
I have been giving in to the temptation to not do it,
especially when I am not feeling well.

I'm 50 years old, so my workout is mostly muscle-strengthening and weight-bearing exercises...
for improving my bone-density and muscle strength.
(I take migraine meds that deteriorate my muscles.)

Anyhow... may I please join in?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd like to join... even if I don't qualify for a prize cuz I'm late to the party.

I have a 30 minute video workout that it's my goal to work out with 3 times a week...

I'm 50 years old, so my workout is mostly muscle-strengthening and weight-bearing exercises...

You get my vote!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has it already been a month? Yikes. I haven't improved at all, but I think I can get back to baseline this week. High fives to everyone still sticking around.

Well, you've had a vacation for half of that. Also, you are tied with me at 6 cheats. Welcome to the cool club. :cool:

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hey Mom! I'd be happy if you'd join us! (I'll update the list this afternoon.)

Those sound like great goals, and we'll be sure to offer you some support and perhaps a friendly reminder to stick with it if we don't hear from you. :) Which would you rather do - check in at the end of the week, or post whenever you get your workout done for the day?

I haven't updated the OP yet, but what I'll do is put you down at 0 cheats. Each cheat you use will add one to your total, so it'll be +1, +2. If you are still with us at the end of 5 months, I'll include you in with whatever I end up doing for the people that are still with us come March.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Welcome!! Glad you're here! :hug:

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sorry guys I have not posted here in a while- I have been living in a regular leper colony,lol. The whole family has been sick and I am just now over it myself. I don't even remember the last time I posted here and what the last workout date was for me. i PLAN TO START BACK UP TODAY.

Baby is fighting for attention and is winning- will have to post more later.

HUGS TO ALL
lADYPINKINGTON

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:devil: Aerobics class didn't stand a chance today. My mere presense was quite the brutal thrashing.

I'm sure my arms will feel brutal's karma tomorrow. :laugh:

Three day army drill weekend - Soo.. :laugh: I'll get my work out every day this weekend instead of having a rest day.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the way, got up at 4:42AM and did my B schedule workout at the gym. Here's my B schedule for those that are curious.

I'll also list in italics my starting weights from a couple of weeks ago. I'm starting off deliberately light and adding to it so I can focus on technique and avoid injury.

Warmup: 5 min Elliptical @ level 5, ~60 RPM

SQUAT:
Warmup 1. 8 reps @ 65 pounds 65
warmup 2. 8 reps @ 75 65
1. 8 reps @ 115 75
2. 8 reps @ 125 85
3. 8 reps @ 135 95

STANDING MILITARY SHOULDER PRESS:
warmup 1. 8 reps @ 45 pounds 45
warmup 2. 8 reps @ 50 45
1. 8 reps @ 55 50
2. 6 reps @ 60 50
3. 5 reps @ 60 50

BENTOVER ROWS:
warmup 1. 8 reps @ 50 pounds 45
warmup 2. 8 reps @ 50 45
1. 8 reps @ 60 55
2. 8 reps @ 65 60
3. 8 reps @ 65 60

PULLDOWN (MACHINE) (I normally do pull-ups on one of the machines, but it was occupied. This is my substitute exercise when that happens.)
1. 8 reps @ 85 pounds 70
2. 8 reps @ 105 85
3. 8 reps @ 105 85

*** I was running late, but normally I would also do:
Inclined situps.
Hyper exetensions

5 min stretching cooldown

Three day army drill weekend - Soo.. :laugh: I'll get my work out every day this weekend instead of having a rest day.

If possible, take a rest on Monday. Don't count it as a cheat. You'll be better off long term. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Monday - Thursday is classes, so no can do :D But I WILL take a break friday before the Ren Fest weekend of work. I'll just have to be a beast and tough it out until then :blush:

Mom, you TOTALLY can join! But are you absolutely sure? :huh: Didn't anyone warn you that Udog is a slave driver around here? Look how hard I have to work!! :laugh: :hug: Welcome aboard! Too late to back out now!! :devil: This is a nice system you got set up here puppy.. Tricking people into fitness and all. >.> I guess I'm not helping peer pressuring poor Poppy into joining..

To update on how I'm doing: I weighed myself last night. I'm 142... I've lost 8 lbs, so it's been a steady 1 lb. a week lost :blush: I was quite happy when I slid the scale thingy over and it slammed to the bottom so I had to back out. :woot: 2 more lbs. I'll be half-way to my goal of losing 20 and being at that oh-so-comfy 130.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hey Mom! I'd be happy if you'd join us! (I'll update the list this afternoon.)

Those sound like great goals, and we'll be sure to offer you some support and perhaps a friendly reminder to stick with it if we don't hear from you. :) Which would you rather do - check in at the end of the week, or post whenever you get your workout done for the day?

I haven't updated the OP yet, but what I'll do is put you down at 0 cheats. Each cheat you use will add one to your total, so it'll be +1, +2. If you are still with us at the end of 5 months, I'll include you in with whatever I end up doing for the people that are still with us come March.
Yay! :static:

Um... I think I should report in 3 times a week....
either M-W-F
or
Tu-Th-Sa

:smile: