• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Is it the first time this has happened?

Yes, I think so. Well, not the first time I've been lightheaded. But usually when I get lightheaded I'm on my feet, not, well, on my back or anything. That's just... weird.

I don't think this is working. I just keep feeling feebler and feebler.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
here's a pretty good article about weight loss combined with diet and exercise.

i ate around 1500 calories today and burned 450 doing 40 minutes of kickboxing.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from combat submission wrestling.

Weighed 216 when I got home.

Cardio is already starting to get better. I felt strong today.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Okay Udog -- you motivated me to up my cardio to 45 minutes. Done!

So far,
Monday - cheat
Tuesday - 45 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes weight training (upper body).

Plan for the week:
Wednesday - plan is to go to Latin aerobics. Have set up a meeting with a friend.
Thursday - plan to do 45 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes weight training
Friday - Sunday - traveling but will make up in walking/hiking. If I'm active both days on the weekend, I'd like to replace one with a cheat since my plan was to do 6 days each week. Would that be okay? These cheats are working pretty good as motivators too!

P.S. Feel great after today's workout - strong and focused.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, I think so. Well, not the first time I've been lightheaded. But usually when I get lightheaded I'm on my feet, not, well, on my back or anything. That's just... weird.

Hey Haphazard,

I'm not a trainer or an expert but I will offer my two cents. Please take the following with a pinch of salt:
1. I think you may be working with heavier weights as compared to what your body needs right now. I would reduce the pounds on your weights and do more reps instead and see how you feel.
2. Make sure you eat a good amount of protein and some complex carbs (whole grains) to give you a steady supply of sugar through the day.
3. Drink plenty of water - dehydration could also cause the faint feeling.

Lastly, weights will make you feel weaker for a bit before you feel stronger. Weaker in the sense that your muscles are worked well so you will likely feel sore and weak for a day or two after lifting. A good stretching routine before and especially after will alleviate some of the soreness.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Argh, I was going to run today but it rained. So I'll have to fit it in somewhere tomorrow. That and it's getting too cold to wear shorts even to run. I'll have to get a gym membership soon for the winter.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey Haphazard,

I'm not a trainer or an expert but I will offer my two cents. Please take the following with a pinch of salt:
1. I think you may be working with heavier weights as compared to what your body needs right now. I would reduce the pounds on your weights and do more reps instead and see how you feel.
2. Make sure you eat a good amount of protein and some complex carbs (whole grains) to give you a steady supply of sugar through the day.
3. Drink plenty of water - dehydration could also cause the faint feeling.

Lastly, weights will make you feel weaker for a bit before you feel stronger. Weaker in the sense that your muscles are worked well so you will likely feel sore and weak for a day or two after lifting. A good stretching routine before and especially after will alleviate some of the soreness.

Water! DUH. :doh:

I didn't have a lot of water yesterday (even though I could) and I lost my water bottle so I wasn't drinking much water today either. That plus lack of sleep is ungood.

Thanks. :hug: I can be dumb sometimes.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Please let us know if drinking more water helps, okay? Also, do catch up on sleep!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been pushing myself and my muscles are tired. I did a full, but lighter, workout today.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
yesterday i did about 40 minutes of kickboxing mixed with upper body weights and side lunges. want to be sore within minutes of working out? do a crap load of the side lunges and you will be!

today, so far i walked three miles and burned 400 calories.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
yesterday i did about 40 minutes of kickboxing mixed with upper body weights and side lunges. want to be sore within minutes of working out? do a crap load of the side lunges and you will be!

today, so far i walked three miles and burned 400 calories.

Please describe how one does a side lunge.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCz6XNWe8k4"]basic side lunge[/YOUTUBE]

i did the side lunge touch down with 8 pound weights in each hand.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7HHwup_E8"]sexy side lunge ;P[/YOUTUBE]

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school

25 min BUNS OF STEEL

Drank more water today. Feeling better.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Last week I only ran once while recovering from injury earlier in the week and played soccer. So I've used 2 cheat days so far.

My next two weeks are focused on my run October 11.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still slaughtering villagers on my Viking raids, kicking tidal waves into the sun, and punishing the Unwary with mighty glares pregnant with meaning.

Get ready to butter my thighs, people, 'cuz they white, hot and grand!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Still slaughtering villagers on my Viking raids, kicking tidal waves into the sun, and punishing the Unwary with mighty glares pregnant with meaning.

Get ready to butter my thighs, people, 'cuz they white, hot and grand!

It's really hard to believe these grandiose statements without pictures/videos to back them up. Mighty glares, slaughtered vikings, tidal waves, grand thighs...mere words until we have some proof. :devil:

PP -- you up for the challenge? :cheese:

How is this on topic?
Simply exercising my freedom to question - curious minds...