• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like this idea since it will discourage someone whose used all 10 cheats to simply quit. What do you guys think?

Definitely :nice:

I'm in it as a motivator not competition and methinks that's the best thing to get out of it so I'd totally support that idea, along with a suggestion that others can join in if they're reading and want to get involved, just start them with 0 cheats cause they're not in the competition but can still use it to motivate.

wolfy

awsm
I like the idea Udog. I'm just participating for fun since there is no way to crush my opposition without spoiling the intent of the thread.

I am hamstrung therefore will feign benevolence.

Dickdastardly.gif

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I like your idea Udog. It helps make sure that we all stay on track. This is a lifestyle change most of us are looking for rather than just temporarily getting in shape...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Udog--I didn't end up working out Saturday, though I intended to. Too tired/busy. I did work out today, though.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I'm in it as a motivator not competition and methinks that's the best thing to get out of it so I'd totally support that idea, along with a suggestion that others can join in if they're reading and want to get involved, just start them with 0 cheats cause they're not in the competition but can still use it to motivate.

Yeah, I've had people tell me they wanted to start exercising just from reading the thread. I think some people are lurking and want to be involved or just aren't sure if they are "well known" enough to join. Also the people who aren't sure if it's open if you didn't sign up right away.

My thought would be to give them the same number of cheats as the average person the week they join but keep them out of the "win" catagory? Like one of those ribbons you get just for finishing the race but not winning?

Finishers:

Partial Finishers:?

Also: I would really like to see the workouts people are doing that are more "advanced" I would like to be able to look at them for suggestions for increasing workouts. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I successfully managed to wake up at 4:30 this morning and get my "A" lifting schedule completed before work.

I like that idea alot.

Yeah, I've had people tell me they wanted to start exercising just from reading the thread. I think some people are lurking and want to be involved or just aren't sure if they are "well known" enough to join. Also the people who aren't sure if it's open if you didn't sign up right away.

My thought would be to give them the same number of cheats as the average person the week they join but keep them out of the "win" catagory? Like one of those ribbons you get just for finishing the race but not winning?

I hadn't realized that this thread had become exclusive - that wasn't my intention! Although now that I look at it, I can see how that is sort of the case. I didn't realize there were people wishing to join but hesitant to do so. My apologies.

Okay, so I want this to be inclusive, and to encourage others to join in. What's the way to do that?

What do you (and the people that have voiced an interest) think about Trinity's idea of starting with 0 cheats? I'll be happy to add them to the list, regardless of how "well known" they are. I would just need them to post their goals and give me a report on their exercises each week so we can keep track of them. The 0 cheat thing would make it clear they couldn't win "Last Man Standing", but would qualify them to make it for the 6 months. Technically 5 months, but close enough. I don't think anyone that's made it 6 months would feel cheated if someone whose done 4.5 months also gets a "kinda neat" little thingie-mabobber - would they?

Of course, they are also welcomed to play along like Haphazard or Eck, where they participate in the thread minus their name being on the list and me bugging them for updates. :) All they'd have to do with that is simply make a post and join in.

What do you think? Elaur, is there any way you could get their opinion on if that would make them feel more comfortable joining and let me know - via this thread or PM?

Once we hammer this out, I'll ask Trin to update the OP.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm just finishing up my workout for the day.

I will ask my friend, they might be too shy to join in.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i feel so unwelcome. i'm outta here. emo workout complete ;P

Heh. I almost missed the white text.

Jen, the only reason I removed you from the list is because I hadn't heard from you in a couple of weeks. I'll be happy to add you back on if you would like. :)

I know you said some of that was vacation time. If you are interested in joining back up, I am required by Contract Code 134.32.6593 to ask the following question: Have you used any cheats during the time off? :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Heh. I almost missed the white text.

Jen, the only reason I removed you from the list is because I hadn't heard from you in a couple of weeks. I'll be happy to add you back on if you would like. :)

I know you said some of that was vacation time. Have you used any cheats during the time off?
when you say cheat, do you mean eating too much? if so, then no. this is my second week of low calorie intake. last week i dropped 4 pounds then i noticed that it came back yesterday. i know people say that eating too few calories can cause you to not lose but i don't think i've under eaten? well off to work out. maybe diet mixed with exercise will make a difference.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Udog is such a meanie, seriously, leaving people out and dropping their name!

You could leave names in if they don't report but don't count their cheats? You could put every typoc member on the list even if they aren't a part of the thread?

This is the all inclusive NF emo workout thread.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
yeah! throw that bike of yours at him! :devil: that'll serve as your upper body and core work out for the day. :alttongue:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when you say cheat, do you mean eating too much? if so, then no. this is my second week of low calorie intake. last week i dropped 4 pounds then i noticed that it came back yesterday. i know people say that eating too few calories can cause you to not lose but i don't think i've under eaten? well off to work out. maybe diet mixed with exercise will make a difference.

Naw - I'm not smart enough to keep track of diet and exercise. Just missed workouts during the time that you weren't on vacation or injured/sick.

You could leave names in if they don't report but don't count their cheats? You could put every typoc member on the list even if they aren't a part of the thread?

This is the all inclusive NF emo workout thread.

Don't tempt me! :cry: I'll just end up just pointing to this URL:http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/list/!

Man... that would be a killer excel worksheet. :shock:

yeah! throw that bike of yours at him! :devil: that'll serve as your upper body and core work out for the day. :alttongue:

Crap. I worked out my chest and triceps today, and am totally unable to catch a bike. I'm defenseless! :run:

(PS: I'll update the post later today.)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I successfully managed to wake up at 4:30 this morning and get my "A" lifting schedule completed before work.

Dude, you is such an inspiration!

I really like the idea of this being an emo thread. So, do we get to post our weekly achievements and then a little emo rant for the week too? :yay:

wolfy

awsm
I trained my lower body again. Some high rep stuff to finish off what I'd done this morning.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yesterday I worked out at the gym. I'm starting to, unfortunately, get more motivated there. :laugh: So even though I find it all entirely boring, I'm starting to pump more iron instead of doing floor work the entire hour after cardio.

Aerobics class was destroyed by my presense today. Although I found out I can't balance on the ball on my stomach only. I'm gonna work on that.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
25 min weight training.

If you get light-headed, should you stop?

Yes.

Do you think it was from yesterday's fasting, or from not breathing properly on the machines?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes.

Do you think it was from yesterday's fasting, or from not breathing properly on the machines?

I don't know... but it mostly happened on static exercises, like wall squat and planks and supermans and stuff.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it the first time this has happened?