• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did my workout! I need to do more than this stationary biking though.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout! I need to do more than this stationary biking though.

You also need to do more than talk about how you need to do more than this stationary biking. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first period class was canceled, so I went to the gym early today! Time efficiency is awesome. :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Late again :)

9/21
Had a downright spartan bagel and cream cheese for breakfast, a slice of pizza with pineapple on it for lunch, and a couple bites of pizza and a chicken taco for dinner. Walked around campus for multiple hours.
Eating: not enough veggies
Exercise: yes

9/22
For breakfast I had half of a plate of pineapple, sausage, eggs, tomatoes and toast. "Lunch" was two gingersnaps, some chocolate covered coffee beans, and a rootbeer. For dinner I had the rest of breakfast and some more gingersnaps. Made several trips up the 4 flights of stairs to my dorm, but didn't get a good workout.
Eating: ok
Exercise: no

9/23
I had a half sandwich for breakfast/lunch (tomato, olives, onions, peppers, cheese) and some gingersnaps. For dinner I had two very small cans of soup and dry roasted edamame, but I ended up vomiting that up later :/
Eating: ?

9/24
Laid in bed all day, didn't eat anything. Had some sprite later in the day.
Eating: ?

9/25.
Had a few saltines in the morning, a bowl of lucky charms (sans milk) in the afternoon, and a few bites of pizza in the evening. Did a little walking around but nothing substantial
Eating: meh

9/26
For breakfast I ate a few peach slices and a few honeydew chunks with some yogurt. Lunch was a half a roast beef sandwich with some chips.

9/27
Had honeydew, yogurt, hash browns, and eggs for breakfast. Ate a late lunch in the afternoon that consisted of small amounts of cole slaw, potato salad, bbq pork, beans, and strawberries in a really sugary sauce. Had gelato later. Walked around for several hours.
Exercise: yes

TOTAL:
Eating: Only ok
Exercise: 2/3

I was very, very sick the later half of the week, so I'm pretty off as far as exercise and eating goes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Didn't work out yesterday because of my ankle.

Didn't work out today because of fasting.

I hope I'll be okay tomorrow...

MBTI Type
INTJ
I made my week again. Sunday I didn't work out though...I just felt fatigued the whole day. I worked six days this week and didn't quite get the sleep I usually do, so that may have something to do with it. I wound up falling asleep on the couch Sunday, and I can count the number of naps I've had in my adult life on one hand. Luckily since I did two workouts on Thursday I don't have to use a cheat :) I've also started using an incline on the treadmill. Just 1 degree to start, but even that made a real difference.

Forgot to weigh myself, will do that tomorrow.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was very, very sick the later half of the week, so I'm pretty off as far as exercise and eating goes.

Aw... are you feeling better now?

Didn't work out yesterday because of my ankle.

Didn't work out today because of fasting.

I hope I'll be okay tomorrow...

I hope your ankle is feeling better tomorrow. :)

BTW, soybeans are definitely healthy. I wanted to look it up first before answering because there are so many caveats when it comes to their various derivatives. That's a complicated subject, but the bean itself is a high quality (and cheap!) source of protein.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi there,

I have to report that I exercised three times this last week but missed the last one due to being sick. Everyone at school has been coming down with stuff for a week at a time (!) home from school. I have been dead tired every night and it finally hit on the weekend. Eating is still okay though.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Continuing with last week:

Monday - cheat
Tuesday - did good at gym
Wednesday - didn't make the gym but walked for 2 hours in NYC
Thursday and Friday - more walking
Saturday and Sunday - cross country driving so no exercise

Will report again at the end of this week.

Thanks!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Continuing with last week:

Monday - cheat
Tuesday - did good at gym
Wednesday - didn't make the gym but walked for 2 hours in NYC
Thursday and Friday - more walking
Saturday and Sunday - cross country driving

Will report again at the end of this week.

Thanks!

So... are you going to up your goals as originally planned?
Increase the cardio to 45 minutes
substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

As always, if not that's fine. The choice is 100% yours. However, I just figured I'd remind you of your original intentions in case you want to mark your progress. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You also need to do more than talk about how you need to do more than this stationary biking. :D

You so didn't go there!

Yeah I need an exercise plan but I don't really get it. I've done the weights while alternating with cardio before but that's about it. It was working well. I don't want to get off the bike every 2.5 minutes though to do weights.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So... are you going to up your goals as originally planned?
Increase the cardio to 45 minutes
substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

As always, if not that's fine. The choice is 100% yours. However, I just figured I'd remind you of your original intentions in case you want to mark your progress. :)

Should have known that you would remember and ask :smile:

I will continue the cardio at current rate until crazy travel is done to ensure I keep going every day (roughly 3 more weeks). Then up cardio to 45 minutes.

Yes, will substitute with run outside starting this week. Sounds good. Thanks for keeping us on track, udog. :hug:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 5: And then there were 5. Months that is.

So we are officially 1 month into this, and I have to offer a hearty congratulations to everyone that is still participating. It’s really neat to see a few of us starting to make a habit out of exercising, and even enjoying it.

As for the rest of us that aren’t fully feeling the benefits yet, double points for sticking with it. Continued persistence has a way of paying off, and I think all of us are on the right track, and that makes me all "NF-gushy-shuttup-you-are-embarrassing-yourself-Udog" happy. :D

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Blackcat	10
café		9
Clonester	8
Colors		6
EffEmDoubleyou	8
Elaur		9
ergophobe	8
Feops		9
Fidelia		9
INTJMom		+0
Jeffster	10
Jen		10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		9
ladypinkington	10
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		9
Santtu		10
ScantilyClad	8
Tallulah	7
Trinity		9
Udog		6
Winged		9
Wolfy		10
[I]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/I]

People I haven't heard from, or people who I'm not sure if I have the most up to date info:
Antimony

QUESTION, WHOSE IMPORTANCE IS DENOTED BY ANNOYING LARGE RED CAPS
Thank you Elaur for helping with this idea, although if it's lame the fault is all mine:

Since the whole point of this thread is life style changes, I'd like to propose an addendum to the rules. Once someone uses all their cheats, they will get a "+" by their name. (1 -> 0 -> +1 -> +2). They will be disqualified from winning as a last man standing, but if there isn't a single person remaining, all people participating in the thread will still "win" at the 6 month mark. The + wont' disqualify you, but will be a way of keeping track of cheats for informational purposes.

I like this idea since it will discourage someone whose used all 10 cheats to simply quit. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Went to Muay Thai today. It was awesome. I was gassing but give me a few weeks and I'll be fine.

I kinda dropped out of the thread for a hot minute. I think I caught the pork plague earlier this month and also injured my thumb.

I've got the green light to get back to it now though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think anything that keeps people participating is a good idea. Maybe we can even figure out a way to have people earn more cheats. I can't think of an idea off the top of my head, but there must be one.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think anything that keeps people participating is a good idea. Maybe we can even figure out a way to have people earn more cheats. I can't think of an idea off the top of my head, but there must be one.

I was thinking if I did that, it would focus around the holidays. There are lots of opportunities to screw up diet and exercise around that time, what with celebration and vacations all over the place. I'd think something like an extra workout the week of a big meal, or making a point to denote vacation dates and working out right before and getting right back into the routine when the vacation ends.

Although is it really necessary to have bonus cheats, if we don't disqualify when someone hits 0 cheats? I guess the only thing that might give me pause is if only 1 person still has 10 cheats by month 6, meaning they win the contest.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i have no idea where i fall on that list but it's all good since i'm kind of doing my own thing while gaining inspiration/information/motivation from you guys. :)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm late checking in (long day) but i did finish another week, and used 1 cheat.

wolfy

awsm
I trained my lower body.

I did...
Front squats
Romanian DL
Good Mornings
Abs
Rode on the bike listening to Clapton's version of Don't think twice it's alright.