• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about soybeans? Are they, er, beans?

it's like, foods with dubious health value:

peanut butter
red meat
dairy products

you know, the things I actually eat...

I'll be out of town tomorrow and busy for most of Sunday, so you won't hear from me for a short bit. I'll get back to you on soybeans. Do you mean soy derivatives like soymilk?

Peanut butter has alot of sugar in it, so it's not particularly healthy. Sugar-free organic isn't too shabby, though. The oil settles on the top, so be sure to mix it back in first. Eat it with something sweet like apple slices, and it becomes a pretty healthy and tasty snack.

Red meat is its own can of worms, and that topic alone could be the center of a 30 page thread. To try and keep it simple, focus on the leaner meets like beef rounds or lean ground beef. In moderation, red meats are fine IMO.

Dairy products. Also good, but probably not as good as all those milk commercials lead you to believe. A glass a day is probably overkill, but you can do far worse. I prefer cheeses myself, just keep an eye on the calorie content - it adds up quickly. Yogurts make for a good snack as well, but be careful as most of them have lots of sugar added. Focus on low fat if possible, although I'm not a fan of the skim products. (Personal preference.)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'll be out of town tomorrow and busy for most of Sunday, so you won't hear from me for a short bit. I'll get back to you on soybeans. Do you mean soy derivatives like soymilk?

I don't mean soy derivatives, I mean soybeans -- the green things in the pod. Steamed, usually, with a little salt. Or soynuts. Soybeans are still beans, right? Or are they like peanuts?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, I finished my workout today. So that makes for 5 days of workouts this week. No cheats!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
mh no, my energy levels are still low, i have no idea what's going on, ate more complex sugars yesterday.
'll have a long cardio like, now, to up my metabolism a bit.

I just need some really good movie to motivate myself >_<

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
New personal accomplishment --
I broke past 9 min/mile on my 6 mile run today.

I've also been doing some light calisthenics for my upper body and abs. I figure it's not good to focus solely on running, which is what I had been doing prior to the big race earlier this month.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I spent 2.5 hours at the homecoming dance.

I wonder how bad walking it out is on your knees?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Might need to use a couple cheats this week. It's been SO busy, and I'm exhausted today, so it's not looking good for a workout. I've eaten well, though.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i just had a cheeseburger and some chili cheese tater tots, i thought i deserved the reward since i ran a mile faster than my friend that said he could run a mile faster than me. :)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Completed my regular stuff for the week - then went out to the lake with some friends for the day yesterday and pigged out :drool:. Oh well - have to do that every now and then :).

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have all the prerequisites for getting depressed, but I won't be. I've been recovering from flu/something I had for another week. (That's 4 in a row).

-I've eaten healthy, low calories, with enough of vitamins and everything I need
-much less alcohol, it's been at healthy level
-some walking, perhaps 4 hours

Haven't had a chance to do much more.

Next week. :dry: :cheese:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright - this week turned out worse than I thought. I only got some cardio done today, so that'll be three cheats.

Tomorrow I start trying to hit the gym in the morning before work. Hopefully it won't take me too long to adjust to a 4:45AM wake up time. :cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just FYI I got everything done for last week.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I gots to use a cheat too, my Saturday class on the weekend clashed with my pre-game preparations and had to be ditched, it came down to a choice between getting to my destination early and relaxing with food and drink or stressing and rushing to get to where I needed to be and possibly being late, there was little deliberation. Also, there was cake =/

Tomorrow I start trying to hit the gym in the morning before work. Hopefully it won't take me too long to adjust to a 4:45AM wake up time. :cry:

[no words] :ohmy:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[no words] :ohmy:

I know. :(

I didn't wake up early today, but that doesn't really surprise me because waking up Monday mornings have always been very difficult.

I think I'll need to get creative with my alarm clocks tomorrow morning so I wake up on time. :yes:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I didn't wake up early today, but that doesn't really surprise me because waking up Monday mornings have always been very difficult.

I think I'll need to get creative with my alarm clocks tomorrow morning so I wake up on time. :yes:

Thats like... the time I go to bed :huh:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

You need a cheering squad too. :tongue10: Don't get down, it's about maintaining long term you are going to have to adjust. I can drop weight pretty fast or exercise for a while with no problem. It's the maintaining that's what counts. The chances are if there aren't problems with it to start it's just going on adrenaline, not changes to your life.

I'm not sure that was encouraging. No wonder I wasn't a cheerleader in high school.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thats like... the time I go to bed :huh:

I know! :D I'd rather exercise after work, but diet, work, and other things make it feel like I'm not getting any down time. It's too tough for me to maintain.

To embrace a new lifestyle, I must first be willing to let go of the old one.

You need a cheering squad too. :tongue10: Don't get down, it's about maintaining long term you are going to have to adjust. I can drop weight pretty fast or exercise for a while with no problem. It's the maintaining that's what counts. The chances are if there aren't problems with it to start it's just going on adrenaline, not changes to your life.

I'm not sure that was encouraging. No wonder I wasn't a cheerleader in high school.

Hah, I can see it now!

*in a cheering voice:* "RAW RAW TEAM! We are so behind that we probably won't be able to win this game, but perhaps we will be able to learn some lessons for the next game!!! *GOOO TEAM!*

You are right though. Part of being NFP is realizing that eventually the inspiration ends, and at that point is when longevity really gets tested.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
*in a cheering voice:* "RAW RAW TEAM! We are so behind that we probably won't be able to win this game, but perhaps we will be able to learn some lessons for the next game!!! *GOOO TEAM!*

Ahah, yeah, ok, fine, that's totally me. That really made me laugh.