• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
45 minutes boxing on the Wii (I think I may do this regularly so I can do some cardio work...that and it's fun :)..my arms are actually tired from all the punching)

100 jumping jacks

40 sit-ups

20 squats

50 kicks (each leg)

Went shopping for a work uniform today. Noticed my legs are a little chunkier than I remember and I have a little trace of belly fat. I'm not working hard enough...I need to do more cardio to burn more calories. I forget, that while I was in school, I would walk 2-3 miles each day with a 20-30lb bag hanging off me. Sometimes running to places if I was late. Now I'm not doing that, so even with my little workout, I'm not burning enough calories. It's been raining too much to walk outside lately.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout twice last week but then I was sidelined by illness. Hopefully I will have my energy back in a few days and can get back into it.

I always lose weight when I get sick, but it's probly usually the bad kind of weight loss, so I am trying to combat that by eating as much protein as I can still while I'm sick.

I hope you feel better soon. Veggies and fruits are good too - lots of healthy food to help give your body fuel to fight the sickness.

45 minutes boxing on the Wii (I think I may do this regularly so I can do some cardio work...that and it's fun :)..my arms are actually tired from all the punching)

100 jumping jacks

40 sit-ups

20 squats

50 kicks (each leg)

Went shopping for a work uniform today. Noticed my legs are a little chunkier than I remember and I have a little trace of belly fat. I'm not working hard enough...I need to do more cardio to burn more calories. I forget, that while I was in school, I would walk 2-3 miles each day with a 20-30lb bag hanging off me. Sometimes running to places if I was late. Now I'm not doing that, so even with my little workout, I'm not burning enough calories. It's been raining too much to walk outside lately.

Heh, I remember I used to work up a pretty good sweat playing Wii Tennis. My roommate at the time wouldn't let me live that one down. :D

You bring up a good point with walking around the campus. I had the same issue when I first graduated, and it became 100 times worse when I started various office jobs.

Good job with the workouts, though. Is it possible that the weight was gained before you started exercising, and with the exercise you've just leveled out?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I might be a bit late on my end-of-week report tomorrow, as I'm going to be on the road most of the day (I'll do my best to eat well :D). If I don't post it tomorrow, I will probably post it Monday.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might be a bit late on my end-of-week report tomorrow, as I'm going to be on the road most of the day (I'll do my best to eat well :D). If I don't post it tomorrow, I will probably post it Monday.

Not a problem at all. Thanks for the heads up. :)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
On track. Doing well with cardio and eating. Need to do better with weights.
Down 3 more lbs!

Here's a question ---
I'm do mostly elliptical trainer for 30-45 minutes at a pretty good pace daily. I hope to have the weights for upper body and lower body done more regularly this week. I feel like my arms/upper body in general is only getting weight training attention. Do I need to do more exercise besides the weight training? Any suggestions that don't involve elliptical machines with the arm holds on a cross trainer?

Thank you!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This has been another week of bad health, but getting better. I did light exercise.
-Walked 3 hours, some 13km (8 mi) total
-I worked this week, probably getting another 3 hours worth of walking, 13km

Next week: running, strength training or swimming, walking

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Good job with the workouts, though. Is it possible that the weight was gained before you started exercising, and with the exercise you've just leveled out?

It's possible. I was in the best shape at the graduation ceremonies in May. During the summer, perhaps it was the heat that discouraged me from walking to class religiously everyday, or the change in my diet (I had to eat cafeteria food because I didn't have a kitchen in those particular dorms). Or both. I know the heat kept me from doing many of the hiking and kayaking activities I did all spring.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a pair of jeans that I usually only wear to gigs, and they fit way better! Not tight, like they usually are. I was happy about that! I did get some cupcakes today at Sprinkles, but I'm rationing them to one a day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Waterpark day today with friends and my sister. So.. about 5 hours+ of swimming in the wave pool, climbing stairs, waiting in line, and playing. Im exhausted XD A bit of a different sort of work out, but I did some things to make the most exercise i could get. Raced people, resisted waves, did jumping with waves to try and touch the top of the walls, etc. It was pretty fun all around, even with the undertows sucking me in and trapping me forcing Clowny to pull me to safety lmao.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
another week down...

2x 2.25 mile run/walk
2x 30 minutes stationary biking
2x 25 minute bowflex
+ about 2 hours of yardwork (yuck)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just so you know I did get done what I wanted to get done for the week.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Done, but not progressing, and feeling lethargic.

Going to tinker with my diet more.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Completed my cardio day and went for a 60 minute walk, which completes this week's goals.

I've decided to add some simple interval training to at least some of my cardio days. Today's elliptical workout looked like:

Total: 30 minutes
5 minutes warmup @ lv 5, ~50 RPM
2 minutes high intensity @ lv 10, ~70 RPM
3 minutes low intensity @ lv 5, ~55 RPM
(Repeat the 2 min/3 min = 5 min blocks until the timer reached 30 minutes)
cooldown

Hardest cardio workout yet!!

On track. Doing well with cardio and eating. Need to do better with weights.
Down 3 more lbs!

Here's a question ---
I'm do mostly elliptical trainer for 30-45 minutes at a pretty good pace daily. I hope to have the weights for upper body and lower body done more regularly this week. I feel like my arms/upper body in general is only getting weight training attention. Do I need to do more exercise besides the weight training? Any suggestions that don't involve elliptical machines with the arm holds on a cross trainer?

Thank you!

Congrats with sticking to it. :)

What kind of exercises are you doing? I find elliptical is a pretty good all around exercise, and you can always deemphasis the upper body when you do it. Just hold onto the poles a bit more passively and let your legs do the work.

Just so you know I did get done what I wanted to get done for the week.

As did I! Don't let the fact that you have one more cheat than me think this is anywhere near over. :D

Done, but not progressing, and feeling lethargic.

Going to tinker with my diet more.

Glad you got finished. What type of progressing are you looking for?

I find that 3 weeks of no progress does indicate it's time to shake things up a bit. :yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a question.

If I'm going to fast for 24 hrs., should I exercise during that time?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a question.

I wouldn't. Your body needs fuel for exercise. I'd take a break. I wouldn't consider it a cheat day or anything like that, though. Just being smart.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a question.

I wouldn't. Your body needs fuel for exercise. I'd take a break. I wouldn't consider it a cheat day or anything like that, though. Just being smart.

This. In order for exercise to do any good (instead of actually doing harm), you need to replenish all the nutrients you just used. I suggest taking the day off as well.

After I win, what will we compete at? :cry:

I guess we'll find out in 5 months 1 week... if you can last that long. :devil:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This. In order for exercise to do any good (instead of actually doing harm), you need to replenish all the nutrients you just used. I suggest taking the day off as well.

Okay... I'll see if I can convince my teacher.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Run/walks today on the trails. I didn't jump into full blown running since I was tired from studying and swimming yesterday.

Level 3 work out DVD completed.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yay, got my workout done.

I have noticably more energy and stamina. I'm down only two pounds but that included a PMS week with preschool fundraising chocolate bars in the house. (Just don't even ask for a number.) My clothes are fitting better. I'm actually just happy I'm building muscle, that's what I really need. I really want to do something other than stationary biking but I don't know what to do!