• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to tape live hogs to Gray's legs. That'll slow the ISTP down! WE'LL HAVE A CHANCE NOW!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Went to the gym today to do my usual workout. I missed Thursday due to a medical issue (in grown toe nail was really getting to me, I had it removed that afternoon). I'll compensate this week though.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm going to tape live hogs to Gray's legs. That'll slow the ISTP down! WE'LL HAVE A CHANCE NOW!

pfft, hogs?! mere hogs couldn't... oh, live hogs. yeah, that might do it.

Went to the gym today to do my usual workout. I missed Thursday due to a medical issue (in grown toe nail was really getting to me, I had it removed that afternoon). I'll compensate this week though.

i know it seems pretty common that people try to do that after they miss some workouts, but i would ask myself, if i can sustain that much more, why aren't I doing that all the time? and if i can't sustain that, how might my energy/mood/long term workout schedule suffer if i try to do something unsustainable?

speaking of such things, and seeing as this is a workout thread, what are yalls thoughts on attitude and motivation?

a few ideas that have helped me is to not worry about your results (that will take care of itself) that allows you can focus on giving your best effort all the time. train like the racehorse and the bumblebee. the racehorse does not question what it is asked to do, it simply does it because it is told, likewise when it's time to do your workout, try not to mull over if or what you'll do, just go do it! despite our laws of physics saying the bumblebee can't fly, it does so anyways, likewise if you want to do the impossible (what you consider impossible) then you can't psyche yourself out, just do it.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I skipped going to the gym today..i really just wanted some popcorn at home. I have a biology lab in an hour so i'll catch up on some cardio when i get home tonight hopefully.

wolfy

awsm
Bench Press 80-100kg 3x3
Close grip 90 3x3
Incline DB Press 30
Abs 4x25

Cycling 20 min (2 tabata)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Walked, did crunches, etc, ate salad and Brussels spouts, drinking little soda now. Recorded my calorie intake today. I think this was a fairly typical day and I ate between 1800 and 1900 calories. That is a little too much for someone my size. Will look fot ways to reduce intake. After I finish eating this ice cream sandwich. :peepwall:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WEEK 3 - We are 1/13 finished! Piece of cake.

So I’ve heard rumblings on the ‘street’ that Week 2 is now behind us, and we therefore must commence Week 3! We had a holiday try to screw us up, but for the most part we've lost little momentum from week 1.

This post is just for the people competing in the Contest. Those that are taking on the challenge, sans the competition, may ignore at will. :D

Here are the people that have logged in their results for Week 2:
Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	10
Blackcat	10
café		10
Clonester	10
Colors		10
EffEmDoubleyou	10
Elaur		9
ergophobe	10
Feops		10
Fidelia		9
Jeffster	10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		10
ladypinkington	10
Little Linguist	10
PinkPiranha	10
poppy		9
Santtu		10
ScantilyClad	10
Tallulah	10
Trinity		10
Udog		9
Winged		10
Wolfy		10
* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.

Here are the people I still need to hear from:
DiscoBiscuit
erm
Night

The contest is voluntary, and there's no way to know if you are still with us unless you tell us what you've done. A message as simple as "I completed my goals for the week" will suffice. So if you are on the second list, please post something letting us know if you made your week 2 goals, and if you used any cheats. Thanks. :)

Alright, that's my job for the week. It's now time to own another week. :cool:

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Walked, did crunches, etc, ate salad and Brussels spouts, drinking little soda now. Recorded my calorie intake today. I think this was a fairly typical day and I ate between 1800 and 1900 calories. That is a little too much for someone my size. Will look fot ways to reduce intake. After I finish eating this ice cream sandwich. :peepwall:

Lucky for you I can't hear small text. Great job! :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
speaking of such things, and seeing as this is a workout thread, what are yalls thoughts on attitude and motivation?

Wolfy said something that has helped me alot. To paraphrase, it's that 50% of exercising is just showing up. It made me realize that early on, about 50% of the mental energy I exert will need to go to making sure I simply go to the gym, or hit the machines.

Once I get there, the workout is easy.

wolfy

awsm
I think getting caught up in motivation can be detrimental. It's better to approach it with a workman like attitude. Sometimes people ask me why I train and I just can't answer it. It's just something I do.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Week 2:

Hiiiiiiii-YAH. :ninja:

Done.

Goals accomplished, and I'm 'ow'.

Goal this week: do something off the wall for two of my days worth of exercising. This shall be fun, and might involve cliffs, water, or a big tree.

A more detailed version will be given for Week 3, but I just got my computer back, so a weekly bit is all I could for two.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yes. It's in the original post, silly. In your case (based on the goals you stated earlier), if you don't hit your gym 4 days in a week, you lose a cheat for each day you miss. You were excused this week on account of injury on the day you missed.

This past week- 2x running, 1x soccer, and 1x volleyball.

Thank you. :)

Week 2:

Hiiiiiiii-YAH. :ninja:

Done.

Goals accomplished, and I'm 'ow'.

Goal this week: do something off the wall for two of my days worth of exercising. This shall be fun, and might involve cliffs, water, or a big tree.

A more detailed version will be given for Week 3, but I just got my computer back, so a weekly bit is all I could for two.

Aw... hearing another member complain of soreness brings a smile to my face. :D

I look forward to hearing what fun things you do for the 2 days - I'm in need of exercise ideas!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, I did mine today. I also drank water! I've been drinking diet crap because I don't really like water and I'm determined to drink at least a glass a day.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I did mine today. I also drank water! I've been drinking diet crap because I don't really like water and I'm determined to drink at least a glass a day.

Have you tried green tea, perhaps with a bit of sweetener? How about squeezing a bit of lemon, orange, or other fruit into the water?

If you are interested, this article has some suggestions on adding flavor to water. It might make your 1 glass a day a bit less painful. ;)
7 Ways to Make Water Taste Better - Going Green at Home Center - EverydayHealth.com

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Well this is my non progress report,lol.

Sept 7th to Sept 13th only exercised 4 days.

I didn't exercise yesterday either.

Hubby was really sick over the weekend-now he is on the mend but is still not 100 percent and now baby is sick and I am trying hard to not get sick myself so I am not exercising right now and am trying to rest up as much as possible. I have been feeling really weak and tired but not full blown sick yet. Crossing Fingers! This is the first time my baby girl has been sick and she is 15 months. It had to happen sometime.

I forgot, is there some sort of sicky clause in the workout contest? Technically I am not really sick but am just taking more preventative measures. I can feel that I am on the edge though, I am trying not to tip over into the sicky side,lol.

I am eating limes right now. I can eat them like oranges,lol.