• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was a lazy dumb byte today...felt so tired and just wiped out that I fell asleep without intending to and slept like five hours. I don't know what my problem is today.

Anywayyyyy...

Caloric intake: 1400 kcal

Exercise: only mild walking for 20-35 minutes total

Oh well, let's hope I don't gain massive amounts of water weight tomorrow. I'm debating not weighing myself...we'll see. :blush:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Oh well, let's hope I don't gain massive amounts of water weight tomorrow. I'm debating not weighing myself...we'll see. :blush:

I'd like to encourage you not to bother weighing yourself, especially if you think you might be looking at some water weight :static: Scales are lame.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
15 minutes sumo (squatting/balance) stretches

exhausting, but not sore.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just got my Internet back after moving. Here's what I've done from August 31-September 6:

Running 5k- x3
Hockey- x1
Soccer- x1
Volleyball- x2

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Will be back tomorrow and back to cardio+weights schedule.

Did a lot of walking this weekend, several hours on the beach today. Will report in at the end of this week.

Keep up the good work, everyone! You are all most inspiring.

Eck - those nipples looked like they must have hurt SO bad. Sorry dude.

wolfy

awsm
Standing BB shoulder press 5x5 50,55,60
DB Floor Press 30kg 3x12
Lateral raises (lots)
Bicep curls (lots)

20 min cycling listening to Black Sabbath

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, I did own week 1 or whatever, I've been doing cardio on an almost dialy basis for months i mean, it's just that i'm not the kiss and tell type, so if i don't talk about it it means i'm just doing it.
I've been doing 2 hours+ a day most of the week in fact.

In my opinion, over talking about some 'goal' just gives one the illusory feeling that he or she acted on it independantly of actually achieving anything.

That's pretty impressive, Eck. I don't really consider it bragging, though. I think it's more about hearing about other people exercise. Hearing how others are doing this can be inspiring, and also gives us ideas as to what we can do ourselves. We are all in this together, and the contest is just an extra layer of incentive.

Anyway, as far as the contest portion is concerned, it's not really fair simply to assume you did it, so I gotta harass people a bit. :D

As far as goals, when we start making changes, noting of our accomplishments and sharing them can be helpful. I think once it becomes a lifestyle habit, that diminishes a bit - but to get off the ground? It's a bit of a reward and acknowledgment. It has legitimate purpose.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just remember that if you don't make your goals, you only lose cheats. I fully expect and even hope that people will use them to some extent. I already know I'll need to use one the week of the 26th.

Fair point...I just didn't want to blow one the first week and get into the habit. Better for me to suck it up and do two workouts in one day to let myself feel the consequences. I'm an Irish Catholic, I need to be motivated by how bad I've been ;)

And for whatever it's worth, I weighed in today and I've lost six pounds the first week. I know that in the beginning one tends to see more dramatic losses and that some of it may be water weight, but it's still encouraging to see evidence of success.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fair point...I just didn't want to blow one the first week and get into the habit. Better for me to suck it up and do two workouts in one day to let myself feel the consequences. I'm an Irish Catholic, I need to be motivated by how bad I've been ;)

And for whatever it's worth, I weighed in today and I've lost six pounds the first week. I know that in the beginning one tends to see more dramatic losses and that some of it may be water weight, but it's still encouraging to see evidence of success.

Excellent! Yeah, the first week is always exaggerated. Still, it's a good sign that you are on the right track. I didn't lose anything, but my diet hasn't been conducive to such. That will be fixed a bit this week, and I think next week is when things will start gaining momentum.

And I hear ya. I made a note to myself that I really hate Sunday morning gym workouts. If I didn't have a powerful motivation to not use a cheat on the first week, I would have slept in and been proud of it. :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Went for a hike at a local nature center today. Stopped there to drop off a form for volunteering and ended up hiking around the whole park. :D

Otherwise, I've been kind of lazy this weekend due to family, lots of fattening foods, and hyperactive toddlers running around. Gotta get back into my workouts this week.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
First point of call is finding a new exercise routine as I just left my gym, I've been looking at a Krav Maga place that also incorporates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Eskrima and Wing Chun into their training program instead of a gym as it sounds fun so next week I plan on checking out their three trial classes that they offer. There's also an Aikido place that is worth checking out to compare with. Further to that I want to find somewhere that offers either yoga or reformer pilates.

Booked into a Yoga class tomorrow night which is run 1-2 times each week and a Krav Maga class next Saturday (hopefully) which is run 1-3 times each week. Can't do much more till I test em both out.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.

Yesterday's sunburn from the beach made it impossible to lift my shoulders so workout DVD was out, but I did do vigorous manual labor to make up for it (washed, vacuumed, cleaned and polished three vehicles.) for about 2 hours. On my way to aerobics class right now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.

Good thinking on challenging yourself a bit harder.

The thing I realized during week 1 is that my exercise stood in stark contrast to the rest of my lifestyle. Exercising felt really fake and splintered, and I know I won't be able to maintain it for 6 months like this. It's just too hard to motivate myself to go from sitting around at work or home and going to the gym to do an intense 45 minute workout. It's a lot of lack-of-momentum to overcome!

This week I want to get better with my diet. I have 10 basic guidelines I need to do a better job at following, and I think I will start by deemphasizing organic and local foods for now so I can simply do my shopping in one trip. Juggling 4 different locations, 2 of which are 25 minutes away, is too much for now. Having 1 good diet week followed by 2 bad ones is doing me no favors. :doh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yesterday was pretty much a fail.

I ate a small tomato and some cantaloupe chunks (both from my own front yard :) ).

I had less than two cans of soda, Coke Zero cherry. Not sold, entirely, but not repulsed. I'll give it a little more time.

No walk or crunches.

Usehername

On a mission
Yeah, so I officially failed out of the competition pretty much as quickly as humanly possible, but I am slowly integrating it into my lifestyle, so I might post my achievements along the way.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, I did another day. :)

I didnt work out labor day because it's really not in my goals to work out if all my kids are home, it's too difficult. It was hard to get going again today though. I'm glad I was in this encouragement-group because otherwise I probably would have stopped.

I really need to remember how to eat healthy.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, so I officially failed out of the competition pretty much as quickly as humanly possible, but I am slowly integrating it into my lifestyle, so I might post my achievements along the way.

How so? At most I would think you only used a few cheats, which would make you legitimately still in it. It can be hard to make all the changes in a single week, especially if you haven't consistently exercised before.

Also, I have a problem with the word 'fail'. It's too final and dismisses any positive changes you may have made - Like being more aware of your exercise habits. So what if you didn't make your goals for last week? If you do slightly better this week, it can be considered it a success.

So you are welcome to remain in the competition, minus a couple of cheats. If you rather not have the pressure, then I hope you will continue to share your triumphs with us. It's a process, and it would be neat if you let us be a part of it.

Ok, I did another day. :)

I didnt work out labor day because it's really not in my goals to work out if all my kids are home, it's too difficult. It was hard to get going again today though. I'm glad I was in this encouragement-group because otherwise I probably would have stopped.

I really need to remember how to eat healthy.

Yeah, the long weekend was bad for me as well, exercise and diet wise. I need to grocery shop and I don't know if I'll get to the gym today (Grocery shopping + gym = 1 Miserable Udog). My sleep is off as well, so I have no energy today.

I may end up having to use a cheat this week, and then working double time the week of the 26th to avoid using another. That, or make it up as this thing progresses.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today I hit the gym pretty hard, I did 20-30 reps on each machine. It's crazy, I've tripled the weight that I do on some of the machines I use from what I used to do at the start.

And also I did what I challenged myself to do last week, I just forgot to post it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I hit the gym pretty hard, I did 20-30 reps on each machine. It's crazy, I've tripled the weight that I do on some of the machines I use from what I used to do at the start.

And also I did what I challenged myself to do last week, I just forgot to post it.

Thanks for the update. Did you say you are taking a weight lifting class, or just a more general exercise class? Have you learned anything interesting yet?

Great job, though. I'll need to step up my game - I can't let the young whipper-snapper INFPs show me up. :D