• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am learning a lot about Te in this thread. All your guys' numbers impress and scare me.

Ate a wedding feast yesterday and did not burn off the nervous energy with any dorky dancing (the lovely couple are cultured and stuff and we got a night of classical music). Will set out for the park in an hour (we'll see how it goes). I tried to do push ups but all I learned is that I have creakier elbows than the Tin Man and just about as much arm musculature.

Haphazard, the eating gusto from working out is the best feeling!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ Colors, it's interesting that you mention that because I mentioned the role Fe and Te play (for me) in the challenge in the NF Idealist thread concerning tertiary Te here. Although I'm an ENFx, my Te is a STRONG tertiary (only 3 points lower than Fe, my strongest function, and 1 point lower than Ne, my aux).

During times like this, you can really see that the ENFP's Te comes out in full force. Check it out! Interesting dynamic, isn't it? :D

For example, take a look at Kyuuei and Elaur. Both ENFPs. Kyuuei is a particularly good example. Te attack! HIYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Then you have the xNTJs, who always have a kickin' Te going on. :D

wolfy

awsm
What about me! My workout posts are just numbers. Numbers are your friend. 200kg is always 200kg.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Wolfy, you're just a beast :D

Te? Why, yes, I think I will indulge in some tea this morning. ;) Colors I think that sounds like a damn fine day!!

Off to the beach now! Rawr!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"A" Lifting schedule is complete. Bye-bye, Week 1! I won't get much other exercise in today, as I'll be spending the rest of the day with family. I will get to catch up on Wipeout! though. I'm making it a point to watch more physically exerting TV, and that has to count for something. :D

What about Habitat for Humanity? Learning to build a house for someone who needs one: lots of exercise and practical understanding about carpentry!

I somehow missed this last time. That's actually a really good idea - thanks!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Down to 214.

7 down from 221.

Unfortunately the gym has been closed for memorial weekend.

So far I've been eating less and healthier. Hopefully I can keep this up!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I exercised. Woo!

I feel better haha
I like physical activity to a degree. I also feel myself shrinking already :D

Yay!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about me! My workout posts are just numbers. Numbers are your friend. 200kg is always 200kg.

You are just awesome, Wolfy!!! You know that ***hugs***!!!

Down to 214.

7 down from 221.

Unfortunately the gym has been closed for memorial weekend.

So far I've been eating less and healthier. Hopefully I can keep this up!

Awesome, good job!!! :static: :static: :static:

I exercised. Woo!

I feel better haha

Yay!

YAY!!!!!!!! :static: :static: :static:

My results for the day:

Caloric Intake: 1200-1500 kcal

Workout (Fat-burning focus today):

30 minutes stepper, HR: 131, 3.78 km, 61 steps/min, 115 flights, 210 kcal

Weight routine, 30 minutes, 15 reps x 2 sets

60 minutes elliptical, HR: 134, constant heart rate setting
5 minutes elliptical, HR: 125, cool-down, manual, level 4
Total: 8.40 km, 757 kcal

Complete total: 967 kcal burned, not counting weights and other stuff

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
30 m power walk, garden variety leg raises, etc. And vertical push-ups! It's pretty fancy. And so am I.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8

Numbers will never lie to you, 'tis true. That reminds me of the piece of writing you posted by Henry Rollins. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

To think I have to wait till Monday to post my weekly bit (by my own choice :alttongue: ). Ye all are doing grandly, just wished to say. :yay: :static:

Tally ho. :coffee:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Random question:

I don't want to count this in my workout, but just out of curiosity, would you say 3.5 hours of ironing burns calories? I mean, okay technically also sitting on your ass burs calories, but you know what I mean. Just curious. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's all activity! I say count it! :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I count it Little!! I cleaned a bathroom yesterday and it kicked my ass!!

Played at the beach for 2 1/2 hours today. Swam against waves, went out as far as I felt comfortable going and swam back a few times, wrestled and played tag and chicken with friends, played in the sand, etc. It was hardcore playing :D Too much fun. Gonna crash and burn for a while now.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
At the festival I saw sumo wrestlers! They showed off stretching techniques, I want to try some.

Maybe if I ask nicely I can work up to pushing some 300-lb guy around, too :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My friend and I took seven kids camping Saturday night, so most of my exercise was walking to the bathroom. Only had one soda, I think, but way too many s'mores and no fruit or veggies that I can remember.

Today, I'm back on routine, more or less.

Only one soda, but the night's young.

Small serving of peas.

Evening walk, a little shortened because we went at around dark and needed to stay on sidewalks.

Did my crunches as best I could with husband grabbing body parts until my threats sounded serious. He either likes my fat belly or has a death wish!

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Weekly Report: Week 1

8/31
Did a lot of walking around today and successfully remembered to eat zucchini and lettuce. Meals were sporadic at best, but I didn't overeat and I was on my feet in the sun most of the day.
Eating: yes
Exercising: yes

9/1
Ate a savory breakfast, delicious lamb+tzatziki lunch, and a zucchini for an evening snack. Otherwise sat on my ass all day.
Exercising: no

9/2
Had a lambwich for breakfast after doing an hour of yoga and weights, two bowls of fruity dyno-bites for lunch (lol, terrible I know), small dinner of orange chicken and steamed broccoli.

9/3
Almonds for breakfast, orange chicken and a carrot for lunch, grits and an egg for dinner. Feelin' the hurt from exercise on 9/2!

9/4
Cereal, almonds, and peaches for breakfast. Did 20 min of swimming, 20 minutes of yoga, and about 10 min of weights. Lunch was a carrot with tzatziki, olives soaked in vinegar and olive oil, more almonds, and a tortilla.

9/5
Cereal for breakfast, a little eggplant parmesan for lunch, mozarella and grapes for a snack. A little stew for dinner, half a bean burrito later.
Eating: yup, though the veggies were prepared and I would have preferred raw.

9/6
Other half of that burrito for breakfast, mozarella and olives for a snack, stew for dinner, small bowl of ice cream (it was mint choco chip :))
Eating: coulda been better, but I got some veggies anyway.

TOTAL:
Exercising: 3/3
Eating: Good 'nuff

I'm hoping to try a little harder this next week. Also next month I'll be starting college, so I'm hoping to go lacto-ovo vegetarian. I can't do it now because my dad will give me grief, and anyway I won't eat meat at most cheap food establishments so I don't have much of a choice :laugh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ Good start! I'm sure you'll continue to stay on track. People who start in slowly (not like me) often can continue their progress longer. So yay for you!!! :static: :static: :static:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ran for only 20 minutes yesterday (Sunday), which for some reason was making me feel impossibly tired. But as I was beelining for the swings in the local park, I found out they have a mini-ropes course for the bigger kids!!! I was playing around on that for 30 minutes. Don't know if it was much of a workout, but I sure sweated a lot (but maybe just because I'm a little scared of heights) and my arms were sore this morning. I often use the swings at home as a motivator to leave the house and pretend to do exercise, but I am not lucky enough to have a mini-ropes course practically in my backyard.

Also did some dance stretches and they felt pretty good. Tried doing 100 jumping jacks but they hurt my ankle a lot, so probably not going to repeat the experience.

Colors, it's interesting that you mention that because I mentioned the role Fe and Te play (for me) in the challenge in the NF Idealist thread concerning tertiary Te here. Although I'm an ENFx, my Te is a STRONG tertiary (only 3 points lower than Fe, my strongest function, and 1 point lower than Ne, my aux).

During times like this, you can really see that the ENFP's Te comes out in full force. Check it out! Interesting dynamic, isn't it? :D

For example, take a look at Kyuuei and Elaur. Both ENFPs. Kyuuei is a particularly good example. Te attack! HIYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Then you have the xNTJs, who always have a kickin' Te going on. :D

Yeah, it's really interesting to me, as like an Te-allergic person. All the TJ (Santtu!) and FP (you, Udog, Wolfy, Kyuuei) numbers and charts and progress figuring! Very efficient.

And then you have the TP/FJ (me) descriptions of progress:

I exercised. Woo!

I feel better haha

Yay!

;) I don't even have a watch. I've been estimating all my numbers from knowing how long I've been out. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
I completed my weekly goal, so I'm not out in the first week :) I had to do my workout twice today though, because I was kept late at work too much this week and skipped too many days. Ouch.