• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i am srsly considering canceling both of my gym memberships since i haven't been going. :/ i hate the yelling (gogogo!) and the group participation. its stressful having to keep telling the instructor, "no thanks, i'm fine doing what i'm doing". they always want to partner me up with someone and then i'm forced to say hi which isn't very relaxing.

new plan:

work out at home with Chalene doing turbo jam (kick boxing) twice a week, 2-3 times a week with Jackie Warner. I'll also hop on the multi gym and elliptical at least 3 times a week.

i'm still eating my lean cuisine meals at least twice a day and drinking water.

that mixed with my modified diet should work. i am also drinking acai berry juice again. i stopped for a month and was feeling laggy and groggy but since starting back, i feel normal.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Totally off topic, but I :heart: your sig under your name AND your avatar. I really want this up in my room.

Your new plan sounds great Jen :D I never underestimate the power of workout DVDs!! I've been doing mine for over a month and it still kicks my butt everytime!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Totally off topic, but I :heart: your sig under your name AND your avatar. I really want this up in my room.

Your new plan sounds great Jen :D I never underestimate the power of workout DVDs!! I've been doing mine for over a month and it still kicks my butt everytime!!
mine? if so, thanks :) do you watch tb?

what dvd's do you like/recommend?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Whenever/if Brady decides to take a nap today, i'm going to let Jillian Michaels kill me on 30 day shred like she always does.

I really like the 30 day shred video, but i have issues doing all the jumping, because i live in an upstairs apartment, and i have elderly neighbors living below me, and i don't want to disturb them, so i never feel like i'm getting the whole work out, i have to modify everything. oh well, i guess moving in general will help me burn off some of those calories i just ate.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn it to hell due to a weight increase because my lazy ass was lazy yesterday.

(deep breath)

Okay, now that I got THAT out of my system, here it my super-duper active report (for more details, see exercise blog):

Exercise Routine:

32 minutes stepper, levels 6-8, 141 flights, 260 kcal

Weight program (with increased weight, OH HELLZ YEAH!!!!)

(However, I noticed one weight machine for back, abs and squats uses NEWTON - what the eff is that? - not kilos :steam: so had to change my record; everything else was accurate and in kilos.)

30 minutes elliptical, level 15, random hills/valleys, 5 minutes cool-down level 10, 4.5 km, 528 kcal

(That kicked my ass - random intervals every 10 seconds is a hell of a lot harder than manual. WOO HOO! :static:)

Caloric intake: 1200-1500 kcal

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn it to hell due to a weight increase because my lazy ass was lazy yesterday.

I replied to your blog, but to reiterate, some fluctuation is normal. The increased weight may not have been from increased fat. Water, diet, and the time you weighed yourself could be at play.

(That kicked my ass - random intervals every 10 seconds is a hell of a lot harder than manual. WOO HOO! :static:)

Agreed - I always use random. Good workout.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Whenever/if Brady decides to take a nap today, i'm going to let Jillian Michaels kill me on 30 day shred like she always does.

I really like the 30 day shred video, but i have issues doing all the jumping, because i live in an upstairs apartment, and i have elderly neighbors living below me, and i don't want to disturb them, so i never feel like i'm getting the whole work out, i have to modify everything. oh well, i guess moving in general will help me burn off some of those calories i just ate.

I think it'd be okay in the middle of the afternoon. If you were jumping around at 3am, they'd have cause to complain.

Just did Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease workout video (hey, I got it at Goodwill!), and it was pretty fun. Carmen advises you to never underestimate the power/sexiness of the finger in the mouth.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Over two ambitious days: more 6 lb weights upper, 130 minutes walking, etc.

We've gotten a cardio dvd recently that I should probably try. No finger in the mouth though. It's clearly not as sexy or powerful.

Remember LL, muscle weighs more than fat! I still have to struggle into blue jeans but not because of fat, because of a bodacious muscle-y booty. *pats booty*

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just did Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease workout video (hey, I got it at Goodwill!), and it was pretty fun. Carmen advises you to never underestimate the power/sexiness of the finger in the mouth.

*sucks thumb, revels in sexiness*

And yes, I commonly find myself following the sage advice of Carmen Electra. And by 'following the sage advice of', I definitely do not mean 'stare at the boobies of'.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Over two ambitious days: more 6 lb weights upper, 130 minutes walking, etc.

We've gotten a cardio dvd recently that I should probably try. No finger in the mouth though. It's clearly not as sexy or powerful.

Remember LL, muscle weighs more than fat! I still have to struggle into blue jeans but not because of fat, because of a bodacious muscle-y booty. *pats booty*

YAY, okay, maybe there is no need for concern. I mean, I have been watching! And working out! :D

People are commenting, so I must be doing something right. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
25 minutes pilates

I think I did it better this time because I felt something? I dunno. Hopefully I can remember some of the exercises for this weekend, otherwise I'll walk to the end of the street and back (2-3 miles-ish)

I think I'll make Sunday my 'day off' because I'll be going to a festival and I'll probably be too tired after that to do anything anyway.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm in.

I'm currently sick, but will be ok perhaps the soonest monday. This is why you've seen me here instead of where I've supposed to have been :blush:

Doctors here recommend I take a week before I engage in exercise.

Now here's my goals.

I want to be able to finish a marathon in less than 5 hours. If there's no suitable events where I can attend, I'll run marathon distance on my own. Most of the events are in early- and mid-summer.

I want to be able to cycle a distance of 200km (124 miles) in a day (16 hours completion time)

I want to be able to swim 3km (2 miles) straight, under an hour and a half. Swimming pools are ok. Rests are ok, but resting time is included in total time.

One-time Bench press of 100kg, or 220lb

One-time leg press of 200kg, or 440lb

One-time full-range biceps curl of 30kg, or 66lb (I'm a skinny boy with little meat in my upper limbs).

Olympic triathlon under 4 hours. (1.5km / 0.93 mi swimming, 40km/ 24.8mi cycling, 10km / 6.8mi running).

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.
This is exactly the same for me... I started exercising quite some time ago with the idea of losing 10 lbs or so... and not only have I not lost weight, I've gained 5-10 lbs! Some of that's certainly due to weight training, which isn't bad, but I also just tend to eat more, including junk. Although I have resisted the king-size Nestle Crunch bar in the fridge for almost a week now (a first). I'm sure it's destined for a crunchilicious trip down the hatch sooner or later, but at least I didn't scarf it down immediately upon getting home from the store :D.

Anyway, did more bowflex Wednesday, biking yesterday, more running today, and am just getting up off of the couch to go do more bowflex stuff.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Away from the city for a few days and doing a lot of walking outdoors. When back in town, will continue with regular goals.

E

G

Glycerine

(deep breath)

Okay, now that I got THAT out of my system, here it my super-duper active report (for more details, see exercise blog):

Exercise Routine:

32 minutes stepper, levels 6-8, 141 flights, 260 kcal

Weight program (with increased weight, OH HELLZ YEAH!!!!)

(However, I noticed one weight machine for back, abs and squats uses NEWTON - what the eff is that? - not kilos :steam: so had to change my record; everything else was accurate and in kilos.)

30 minutes elliptical, level 15, random hills/valleys, 5 minutes cool-down level 10, 4.5 km, 528 kcal

Caloric intake: 1200-1500 kcal

LL, sometimes PMS or having your period can add up to about 10 lbs of water weight. Also, when I have weighed myself when I was starving, peed and such, there would be like a 2-5 lb difference compared to when I was satisfied/full or had to pee. That might be another possibility.

UPDATE: I haven't really done much of my goal but I have done a lot of cardio everyday and mental exercise (studied 5 hours of chemistry today :)). Oh also, I have been eating decent. 1000-1200 calories a day (1 big meal and 1 small meal) with heallhier food except for the state fair yesterday.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Walked the dog for 30 minutes this morning.

Moved all my boxes and things gathered since starting college down to the basement so 30-45 minutes of lifting and stair exercise. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I completed my "B" workout at the gym. (Squats, Standing Milt. Shoulder Press, Bent-over barbell rows, machine assisted pull ups, and inclined situps). Then I had my 20 minute walk turn into a 50 minute walk. I guess this is what happens when I try a new trail and ignore the time. :D

I only need to do my "A" workout on Sunday and I will have this week covered.

Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. :)

Have you thought about what you wish to do on a weekly basis? Also, I hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know when you are ready to enter the fray.

Walked the dog for 30 minutes this morning.

Moved all my boxes and things gathered since starting college down to the basement so 30-45 minutes of lifting and stair exercise. :D

Doing constructive, real world work is a smart way of getting your exercise goals in! In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of doing some sort of volunteer work that would require physical activity. I may not have brains, and I'm not exactly high on brawn, but.... but.... not sure exactly where I was going with that. :blush:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of doing some sort of volunteer work that would require physical activity. I may not have brains, and I'm not exactly high on brawn, but.... but.... not sure exactly where I was going with that. :blush:

What about Habitat for Humanity? Learning to build a house for someone who needs one: lots of exercise and practical understanding about carpentry!