• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It's okay, scanty--I might have had a supplementary ICEE. :-D

Otherwise, I did okay, I think.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i might have had 2 hot dogs from QT
and a dr.pepper

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Mmm, hot dogs! I may be already planning some early morning kolaches tomorrow, since I have to be up. Otherwise, I shall be a perfect, healthy angel. :p

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I know this is incredibly random, but I felt the need to share regarding cutting certain things out of your diet long-term:

It sucks at first. [/obvious] But whatever you do it with - soda, donuts, deep-fried Twinkies (they exist, just go to a Southern state fair! :shock: ) - after a certain amount of time, longer than most think to try, your taste buds' reactions to it change. For an example, if you cut out synthetic sugars and try something like a Coke a year later... it tastes bad, or at the very least excessive in its flavour, with a chemical tang to it.

I am not pushing or even suggesting that everyone should do it, just saying that even on a smaller level - if you do it with one category (fried food, synthetic sugar, etc.) - it will not always be a craving, something you have to resist like an addiction for the rest of your life.

Just a thought.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
^^

That is very true. I've given them up before and been okay with it. I think the problem is, I just don't want to give them up, even though I know that I'll drop those 10 lbs really quickly if I do. My goal right now is to get back down to a small one a day instead of medium, and then to maybe go to every other day. I'd certainly save myself money, as well.

My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Holy goat, we posted at the same time. :happy: Ha!

As it is, whether ye're talking on ICEE's or hot dogs (not sure), that's true for it all... one should change just as much as they want to and know they can (and wish to) maintain, because maintenance after the loss is just as important as whatever you do whilst "dieting" (if one is focussed more on long term changes).

I was primarily just piping up that if one wants to do it long term, it's entirely possible and actually can give a better feeling in body and brain chemicals... but that cutting out many things at once while making abnormal demands on 'ze body, for many leads to a feeling of being overwhelmed and not reaching one's goals.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aw, Haphazard, 20 minutes is a lot, if you're being super-intense about it.

Got up insanely early this morning and did about 45 minutes of light exercise around the "village" (Springe, Germany). Of course add like 10 minutes of being distracted and gawking at buildings and 5 minutes of stretching/warm down. The air here is so nice and breezy and the land is vaguely hilly and it was a lot more fun to exercise without tons of pollution filling the lungs.

As for diet-wise, bleh. I'll be lucky if I don't gain tons of weight eating so much cake and cookies and ice cream (they sure like the ice cream, and so do I).

A lot of meat makes me SLEEPY, but I do get feeling very solidly energetic the next day. I love eating fruit and have an incorrigible sweet tooth. Veggies are harder just because I'm kind of lazy to cook them. I like carbs the best. Mainly cereal.

wolfy

awsm
I did some extra training today after work.

Presses 3x20
Rows 3x20
Crunches3x20

and about 30 min cardio on an elliptical trainer.
I also spent 45 min lying on the floor in the magma spa.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. It can be a bit much to increase exercising and quit a favorite vice at the same time. Perhaps two months down the line, when you've become more consistent with exercise and start seeing benefits, you will decide soda no longer has a place in your daily diet.

When I was in high school and college, I consumed soda with a fury. I mean it was quite extreme. Sometimes I would drink two liters a day. Granted, it was usually diet, but still - COMPLETELY unhealthy.

To make matters worse, I drank coffee like it was going out of style. And I drank hardly any water.

After I met my husband, he said he thought it was uncultured. At first I was pissed and felt attacked, then I sat down and thought about it. "Damn, it is uncultured," I thought.

Initially, I replaced soda with coffee and tea, which is not much healthier. Then I decreased the coffee bit by bit, replacing it with tea. Now I drink mostly fruit tea, green tea, or black tea (occasionally) and my coffee consumption is limited to one thingy of coffee (those paper cups, probably about 0.3-0.4 L) in the morning. And I drink between 2-3 L of water every day along with 0.5 L of juice or so.

It can work. :yes: But do it bit by bit.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Aw, Haphazard, 20 minutes is a lot, if you're being super-intense about it.

it hurts.

I went to a college campus for 3 months and chose to drink regular coke in the cafeteria instead of diet. Now I can't drink diet coke -- given a choice between diet coke and iced tea I'd pick the tea, dammit.

I gained a bit of weight but I guess that means less cancer?

I guess now I'm also a bit more aware of my soda consumption because back when I drank diet I would drink it like water.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh you usually notice it when you know you should be hungry because your energy levels are just dropping by the minute yet aren't, that's usually the first sign there's an issue with traffic control. At least as far as I'm concerned

I am wondering if you are referring to eating so many vegetables that you aren't getting enough other foods. The truth is, veggies have a pretty good protein/carb ratio - they just lack many calories, and therefore substantial amounts of protein. To me, veggies can make for a healthy compliment to any meal - but they simply aren't substantial enough, calorie wise, to be the meal. Even salads need beans, salad dressing, meat, fruit, etc to have substantial calorie content.

I do well with a high protein diet, though. I just have to watch the red meat. It's important to mix meats and include lots of lean meats like chicken breasts, fish, etc. Lately, I've been adding vegetarian meals to my diet, as well.

Same with me. When "hunger level" hits, my blood sugar tends to plummet very quickly, so protein with some carbohydrates is much better for me snackwise. Though I prefer nuts and/or fruit to meat and/or veggies as a snack (and yet I often bypass both and go for delicious potato chips...)

Whenever possible, try to eat snacks with a mix of protein, fat, and carbs. They've been shown to give you the best metabolic boost for the longest period of time. Also, fat + protein leads to a high feeling of satiation.

My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.

One thing that can help is to try and see if there are any actions that 'trigger' a craving. Are you consistently doing something that makes you want that ICEE? You might have more success cutting out the trigger.

Got up insanely early this morning and did about 45 minutes of light exercise around the "village" (Springe, Germany). Of course add like 10 minutes of being distracted and gawking at buildings and 5 minutes of stretching/warm down. The air here is so nice and breezy and the land is vaguely hilly and it was a lot more fun to exercise without tons of pollution filling the lungs.

If I haven't already said something, I am impressed by the way you are not letting vacation be an excuse to not work out.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I am wondering if you are referring to eating so many vegetables that you aren't getting enough other foods. The truth is, veggies have a pretty good protein/carb ratio - they just lack many calories, and therefore substantial amounts of protein. To me, veggies can make for a healthy compliment to any meal - but they simply aren't substantial enough, calorie wise, to be the meal. Even salads need beans, salad dressing, meat, fruit, etc to have substantial calorie content.

nah that's not what i meant

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nah that's not what i meant

Heh. I must confess I've never had a problem with eating too many vegetables. I like them, but I don't like them that much! :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I did my exercise for the day. I was determined to wake up and be lazy but FINE! I did it!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, very excellent. I will hold off the dogs for another day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You know, if I look even remotely buff in October, maybe I'll be Rosie The Riveter for Halloween :laugh:

I slapped level 3 in the face, and my skateboarding got rained out yesterday so I'll practice today.. We always end up practicing on DnD night anyways. :yes: Which means I successfully completed my week. Now it's just rinse and repeat. :doh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
20 minutes weights/abs/stretches whatnot.

I've got to keep reminding myself that I can't compare myself to you guys or the rest of the class or what the teacher expects because I've never exercised before. Otherwise, I guess I'm okay.

I think this stuff right here motivates me more than anything else, honestly. I'm like "If this person's keeping up with their goals and they've never exercised before, I HAVE to keep going!"

You and cafe are doing a fantastic job :wubbie: I'm glad ya'll are participating.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now it's just rinse and repeat. :doh:

No no no! It's "I can't wait until next week to own my exercise goals once again!" That's the attitude you want to have. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Ah! That's the attitude I'll have next week. I have a whole rest-of-the-week to pretend I'm lazy until then. :D Although I think I will workout saturday evening with a traditional long-distance run and DVD episode.