• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they're the same height as regular soda cans but much, much thinner.

It's a scientific fact that any beverage with Pomegranate in it will be overpriced. :D

Maybe the small cans or bottles, even though they are a little more pricey. I'm not switching to diet, but I could probably switch to a cane sugar brand or something. Not sure they are a lot better.

I'm not a fan of High Fructose Corn Syrup, myself. While I find sugar to be a better alternative in general for several reasons, I have no idea if there's much difference between 3/4 can of HFCS soda vs cane sugar soda.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I could use more exercise for stress relief and to lose 10 lbs. I need to tone my arms and legs and build up cardio for heart health.

I walk with friends during the school year, which is always pleasant, but sometimes not very challenging. I prefer to sweat when I walk, then I know I've gotten my heart rate up.

I also like to swim and just watched a breaststroke video that looks useful. I'm self-taught (freestyle), but I'd like to mix in some other strokes.

Bottom line: it's hard to exercise too much if I have a lot of work to do. Exercise makes me want to nap.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
cafe--have you tried Coke Zero? I hate diet drinks, but I like Coke Zero. I can also do a diet Pepsi or diet Dr. Pepper occasionally. ICEEs are my weakness, but if they made a Coke Zero one, I'd be all over that.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
cafe--have you tried Coke Zero? I hate diet drinks, but I like Coke Zero. I can also do a diet Pepsi or diet Dr. Pepper occasionally. ICEEs are my weakness, but if they made a Coke Zero one, I'd be all over that.
I think my husband gets Coke Zero sometimes. I'll have to liberate one. If they have it in cherry, it might be a go.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Veggies at all meals today, good breakfast. 20 minutes of 30 Day Shred, lots of walking around school. Need a bit more water, but well on the way.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

I noticed that I had less endurance during the periods when i drink alot of diet drinks as opposed to my usual water bottle emptying cult of doom. I tended to think it was just an impression, but after dozens of on diet drinks/off diet drinks cycles I'm pretty sure there's an impact on my cardio.
As far as studies are concerned, drinking coke prevent the assimilation of some nutrients. More specifically it's bad for your bones as it prevents calcium assimilation. Artificial sweeteners have also been linked to higher likelihood of cancer occuring. Oh and it's bad for your teeth to drink something which's acidity levels can be compared to that inside of your stomac. They use coke to age coins, ya know :yes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: Agreed with Eck. I keep my soda levels to a minimum. However, if it's a choice of 2 cans of regular coke with HFCS or 2 cans of Coke Zero, I'd have a hard time justifying the regular Coke.

I think my husband gets Coke Zero sometimes. I'll have to liberate one. If they have it in cherry, it might be a go.

They do! I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero, especially the Cherry variety.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I noticed that I had less endurance during the periods when i drink alot of diet drinks as opposed to my usual water bottle emptying cult of doom. I tended to think it was just an impression, but after dozens of on diet drinks/off diet drinks cycles I'm pretty sure there's an impact on my cardio.
As far as studies are concerned, drinking coke prevent the assimilation of some nutrients. More specifically it's bad for your bones as it prevents calcium assimilation. Artificial sweeteners have also been linked to higher likelihood of cancer occuring. Oh and it's bad for your teeth to drink something which's acidity levels can be compared to that inside of your stomac. They use coke to age coins, ya know :yes:

Yeah, none of it's good for you, but it's a weakness, you know? I am trying to cut down on my ICEE intake, but it's going to take time. I definitely have more energy when I cut way back on both caffeine and sugar.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I will try it. I'm fine with my current weight, but I don't need to gain any next time my metabolism slows down.

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably not giving up the soda any time soon. A girl can have one vice, right?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will try it. I'm fine with my current weight, but I don't need to gain any next time my metabolism slows down.

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably not giving up the soda any time soon. A girl can have one vice, right?

Yeah. It can be a bit much to increase exercising and quit a favorite vice at the same time. Perhaps two months down the line, when you've become more consistent with exercise and start seeing benefits, you will decide soda no longer has a place in your daily diet.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Edit: Agreed with Eck. I keep my soda levels to a minimum. However, if it's a choice of 2 cans of regular coke with HFCS or 2 cans of Coke Zero, I'd have a hard time justifying the regular Coke.

yeah same, i do drink the occasional can, it's just that I don't mix diet coke and food, that seems to help. I only drink coke on an empty stomac. That's not an absolute rule or anything, but I try.
They make coke zero cherry ? :huh: I so want to steal a truckfull of it right now :cry:.

oh, I'm all for vices. :devil:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
oh on a related footnote, people always tell how vegs are good and you should use them as fillers.
While I may partially agree with the fact that if you wake up hungry at 4 am eating a few slices of cucumber or/and some tuna is a much better choice than bread and butter too much vegs will just make you tired, same goes with meat.
Our bodies are not meant to process more than, about 30 grams of proteins a meal, and while it may be tempting to replace some of the carbohydrates with meat and using vegs as a stomac filler it isn't really the case. When reality comes knocking to the door one has to realise that the vegs, especially if you have a slow metabolism will end up slowing down your digestion and the extra meat consumption, if regular will end up making you tired because your liver can't break down the toxins created fast enough.

too much vegs factor :
you get your energy levels backto nominal too slowly after a meal
Too much meat: you'll feel tired, to put it simply.

Now combine the two and what do you get ?
You being tired, which isn't cool, and the tiredness impacting on your mood levels and pushing you toward sugary foods, which, even if consumed will still be assimilated slower than usual because of all the veg traffic in your stomac.

Btw, for people having a sucky digestion, i'd recommend a shot of vodka (and NOT beer or sugary liquors) in case you're a little tired but know it'll take hours for anything you eat now to give you a half decent energy level. Alcohol is the one thing that gets in your blood stream faster than light and it's directly useable energy, it only turns you into a barrel if consumed with other things in fact, as it cannot be turned into fat.
Since the body metabolises it so well it'll use it as an energy source rather than anything else you eat at the same time, so it's a double edged sword if you like pistachios a bit too much, otherwise it's pretty neat as a quick pick me up.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eck, at what point does it become too many veggies?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Eck, at what point does it become too many veggies?

Oh you usually notice it when you know you should be hungry because your energy levels are just dropping by the minute yet aren't, that's usually the first sign there's an issue with traffic control. At least as far as I'm concerned

It all depends on the stomac i guess, my digestion is AWFULLY slow so I eat fibers everyday and couldn't eat too much meat even if i wanted to as it's just something the body digests too slowly.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Meat seems to help me not get that nasty jittery feeling.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I have a fairly rapid metabolism and meat seams to stick with me longer, so I don't feel all hungry and jittery.

Same with me. When "hunger level" hits, my blood sugar tends to plummet very quickly, so protein with some carbohydrates is much better for me snackwise. Though I prefer nuts and/or fruit to meat and/or veggies as a snack (and yet I often bypass both and go for delicious potato chips...)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't work out today, and i might have overate a tiny bit. just a tiny bit.