• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In music, the rests are just as important as the notes. Exercise is not much different. :cheese: You guys have earned it. :)

I just received an email that had a neat idea for motivation, and figured I would pass it along:

Schedule yourself for a professional photo shoot at the end of the exercise period. It will put some pressure on you to stick to your goals so you will be in the best shape possible come photo day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ That's a REALLY awesome idea. :D It's been a long time since I've had professional photos done!!

and Little, I told you, it's as simple as being retarded and gaining that retard strength. Just like DND.. You simply go in headstrong and forget that there are possibilities like rollign 1's and 2's. :laugh: So my suggestion is to sniff on some paint until you lose a few brain cells. :yes: Or be insanely energetic and bored..either way.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHAHAHA

Well I'm insanely energetic, but never bored. Oh, and I try not to sniff paint that often. :D

So I guess I'm stuck with exercising 3-4 times a week! :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kyuuei, what makes you so respectable is the variety of exercise that you partake in.

Truly, that is one of the best ways of losing weight and getting in shape. Not only do you exercise a variety of muscles, but it keeps things interesting and fun. If you get tired of lifting, you can hit yoga. Skateboarding boring? Guess what. It's almost winter and snowboarding season! You don't put all of your eggs in one basket, and that increases your chance for success.

Also, looking at your active lifestyle and comparing it to mine, with gym 3x a week and cardio 1x a week (minimum), makes me realize I still have alot of room for improvement. I really hope you keep it up, because it's good to have a constant reminder of what 'the next level' looks like.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and props to Elaur and scanty for finding out creative ways to fit exercise into their routines.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ Exactly, it's really awesome. :cheese: (Your comments on Kyuuei and Scanty and Elaur)

You guys are doing great!!!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Cereal with flaxseed meal sprinkled on for Omega 3s for breakfast. Will work out in a few minutes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I feel like Ash from Pokemon when he gets a gym badge when ya'll talk like that. :laugh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cereal with flaxseed meal sprinkled on for Omega 3s for breakfast. Will work out in a few minutes.

Interesting idea. Did it taste okay? Did you add fruit (or FROOT) or anything to the mix?

I feel like Ash from Pokemon when he gets a gym badge when ya'll talk like that. :laugh:

Aww... you just built up such a cool image and you had to go ruin it with a Pokeman reference. :(

:D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting idea. Did it taste okay? Did you add fruit (or FROOT) or anything to the mix?

It tasted good, actually. I barely noticed it was there. The brand I used is Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus. I stuck half of the bag in the freezer so it will last longer.

Didn't add fruit/FROOT, but I suppose you could! :smile: I drank some apple and tangerine juice yesterday (small quantities so it doesn't just function as sugar) and have been eating blueberries. I wish I could make a habit of eating more fruits. I don't have as much of a problem getting veggies in.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished all my exercises. I am going to make myself some tea :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
20 minutes weights/abs/stretches whatnot.

I've got to keep reminding myself that I can't compare myself to you guys or the rest of the class or what the teacher expects because I've never exercised before. Otherwise, I guess I'm okay.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
20 minutes weights/abs/stretches whatnot.

I've got to keep reminding myself that I can't compare myself to you guys or the rest of the class or what the teacher expects because I've never exercised before. Otherwise, I guess I'm okay.

Keep it up, Hap.

20 minutes of cardio/day is all you really need to lose weight/add muscle fast -- especially if you've never exercised before.

After 20 minutes becomes too easy, you can introduce other exercises to flavor your routine.

At first, just keep it simple. 20 minutes of cardio. You pick the speed; the endorphins will reward you.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, since I'm trying to get into an excerise routine at the moment, I'll join in on this. :)

Started: 09/02/09

Long-term Goal:

Establish daily and weekly exercise routine.
Be able to jog entire walk route. (Or be able to accompany boyfriend on one of his runs. Since he is a runner, this is a REALLY long-term goal!)
Tone legs, especially thighs.
Improve upper body strength as I have almost none.

Short-term Goal for the month:

Move up to 10lb dumbbells.
Go for a walk at least 3 times a week and jog for 5 minutes during walk.

Just finished today:

Weights used: 2 5lb dumbbells

20 push-ups
30 sit-ups
20 oblique crunches (for each side)
15 overhead lifts
50 kicks (for each leg)
20 squats with weights
20 biscep lifts (for each arm)
20 tricep lifts

I did all of this yesterday as well as taking a walk for half an hour. Am a little sore.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Walked 14 blocks between taking kid to bus stop and taking the kids babysat to the park.

Walked normal evening mile with husband.

Did 5 mins of crunches. The ones usehername suggested are pretty great. I was hurting like heck earlier, so I think it's working.

Less than two cans of soda consumed and I'll try not to drink another before bed. (Had part of a can last night after I posted, so I was bad.)

Nuking single serve of Brussels sprouts as I type. Yum!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did 25 minutes on a new machine - the Cybex Arc Trainer. (Cybex International - Cross Trainers) Boy - that thing kicked my butt! Yikes. And yay! I also went for a 20 minute walk afterward. That takes care of the cardio portion of my goal.

Didn't add fruit/FROOT, but I suppose you could! :smile: I drank some apple and tangerine juice yesterday (small quantities so it doesn't just function as sugar) and have been eating blueberries. I wish I could make a habit of eating more fruits. I don't have as much of a problem getting veggies in.

Might I recommend cutting up a banana and adding it to the cereal? Good source of potassium, easy to cut up, cheap, and I personally enjoy the texture they add to otherwise healthy cereal.

Also, smoothies are your friend. Water/milk/yogurt plus some bagged frozen fruit makes for a pretty good snack. Almost as good as an ICEE. Almost.

Okay, since I'm trying to get into an excerise routine at the moment, I'll join in on this. :)

Started: 09/02/09

Long-term Goal:

Wonderful - thank you for joining us! I look forward to hearing about your exercising and progress. :)

Also, don't be surprised if you become addicted to the feeling of being sore!

Walked 14 blocks between taking kid to bus stop and taking the kids babysat to the park.

Walked normal evening mile with husband.

Did 5 mins of crunches. The ones usehername suggested are pretty great. I was hurting like heck earlier, so I think it's working.

Less than two cans of soda consumed and I'll try not to drink another before bed. (Had part of a can last night after I posted, so I was bad.)

Nuking single serve of Brussels sprouts as I type. Yum!

Good job working physical activity into your daily life. :)

Some ideas for the soda, if you are interested :): Have you seen the smaller cans they have? Instead of cutting back on frequency, you can try cutting back on portion size. Another idea, and this very well may not work for you, is to make some freeze pops out of the soda. You will still get the sweetness and taste, but the extra work to consume the pop may make you cut back on how much you consume. This, of course, depends on how much the carbonation is a factor in your soda enjoyment.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Some ideas for the soda, if you are interested :): Have you seen the smaller cans they have? Instead of cutting back on frequency, you can try cutting back on portion size.

I've noticed that soda cans seem to be getting smaller -- aside from the normal brands making short cans, my school only sells cans like this:

AAAADK_eFfEAAAAAADNpbQ.jpg

they're the same height as regular soda cans but much, much thinner.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Good job working physical activity into your daily life. :)

Some ideas for the soda, if you are interested :): Have you seen the smaller cans they have? Instead of cutting back on frequency, you can try cutting back on portion size. Another idea, and this very well may not work for you, is to make some freeze pops out of the soda. You will still get the sweetness and taste, but the extra work to consume the pop may make you cut back on how much you consume. This, of course, depends on how much the carbonation is a factor in your soda enjoyment.
I'm thinking something like that is going to be my best bet. I rarely finish a can of soda, so it would be better to have smaller servings. Especially since I want it with lunch, supper, and late night snack and I have just about zero capacity for self-denial.

Maybe the small cans or bottles, even though they are a little more pricey. I'm not switching to diet, but I could probably switch to a cane sugar brand or something. Not sure they are a lot better.