• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know who's cabinet I won't be hiding in.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Went to the gym and did my "A" schedule. The weather was so wonderful today that I decided to go on a bit of a walk when I got home.

However, I realize now why I dislike the gym. As soon as I had arrived at the bench press station some chick started walking over towards me. She was the type you could tell had been working out for awhile, and her light blue eyes pierced through my contact lenseless vision like bright-blue beacons of light. She tried to play it coy by talking to her "friends" working out at the station besides me. One even said, "I saw your husband driving his van the other day." Like I'm going to buy that! Anyway, she ends up chatting with her friends the entire time I'm there, all up in my 15 foot radius of highly personal space, the entire time. Could she be any more obvious?? And for those that don't believe me, here's the kicker: When I left the station, she also quit talking to her friends and walked in the opposite direction as I did.

Sheesh! Women! Don't they know I'm there to work out? :rolleyes:

Hopefully people realize all that above is a joke...

I'm at home all day today with my son, but I've been trying to stay active all day. I have a very messy house to clean, and i heard that cleaning house can actually burn quite a few calories, so i have cleaned the kitchen so far, and i still have 2 bathrooms, living room, 2 bedrooms and lots of laundry and vacuuming to do! I also took Brady to the park and i chased him around and then carried him back home on my back, so that had to count for some sort of cardio.

Even without the walking/running, that sounds like a quite a workout.

Ok, did my workout for the day. This really is encouraging me. I think I'm going to get copies of my "before" pics and post them to encourage me too. :tongue10:

Yes. I already have a before pic lying of myself around here somewhere :ninja:. I plan on taking a pic every month or two of this challenge. I think it can be a great motivator, and makes for a pretty cool party favor. :laugh:

went to cycling this morning for an hour. was planning on taking the muscle class right after (hour classes each) but my stomach was killing me so I headed home.

That's pretty good; 1 hour of cardio is pretty solid in my book. I hope your stomach is feeling better.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did 62 jumping jacks in a minute and i almost died.

mostly because my boobs almost hit me in the face several times. srsly.

I also ran about a half a mile, and walked the rest of the mile. out. of. shape.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So today at the gym I finally learned to use their machines. Before today I had just been doing cardio. But yeah, there are about 15 machines, and I do 12 motions with each. After I did that I bike for about 7 miles, then I took a swim. I'm also planning to do some racket ball.

But damn I need an MP3 player. Getting one of those soon, it's been really boring without one.

This is all convenient because my gym is literally a minute from my college. On Mondays and Wednesdays I get out of class at 11:30 am, and Tuesdays and Thursdays I get out at about 10:30 or 11 am. Then I just head over to the gym, and after that I eat something. I get done with my day at about 3 pm... it's amazing. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have seen Jen work out. I am glad she's my friend because she could totally kick my butt!

Walked the evening mile with my husband this evening.
Only had two cans of soda, as planned.
Ate a serving of steamed corn, a bunch of cherry tomatoes, and some hummus with chips -- plant matter for the day.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So today at the gym I finally learned to use their machines. Before today I had just been doing cardio. But yeah, there are about 15 machines, and I do 12 motions with each. After I did that I bike for about 7 miles, then I took a swim. I'm also planning to do some racket ball.

Good to see you BC! I highly recommend racket ball. It's one of those sports that's more fun when you suck at it than it is when you get really good. It's spaz-tastic.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good to see you BC! I highly recommend racket ball. It's one of those sports that's more fun when you suck at it than it is when you get really good. It's spaz-tastic.

Yeah I've played it before, it's great fun. :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ate lots of veggies and water and lean protein today. Walked for about 1hour 15 minutes (just short of jogging for speed). No treats.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did an hour of light jogging/hiking by the waterway thingie this morning. Got lost and distracted by the trees and the boats and the light sprinkling. It rained during the night, so I learned apparently underneath the smog the air is rather spicy (like anise or cinnamon).

As for the eating plan, is difficult. Had two bockwursts and a currywurst yesterday and never want to see a wurst again.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Signed a year long contract with World Martial Arts Jax yesterday, and went to my first MMA boxing/combat submission wrestling class in 3 months.

I've been eating a little better and at more reasonable times.

I'm not gonna have the time to go to MMA 4x a week b/c of law school (I'm sitting in family law as I type this, we're talking about polygamy right now... interesting).

However, I've decided to run 3 miles on the days I cant get into the gym during the week.

Weighed 218 this morning. Already 4lbs down from 221.:D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disco, what's a typical class like? What sort of stuff do you do?

Congrats on the weight loss. I weighed myself yesterday, and was a bit dismayed to see I've gained 1.5 pounds since I last weighed myself a month ago. However, I guess it will just make the results more impressive when this is said and done. :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok I made my exercise goal again! Time to go take a shower and nap.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Typical class: CSW

Cardio warm up

deep stretching - 5 min

Shadow boxing - 3 min

Ring circles (shuffle sideways at a brisk pace [medium jog speed] in a circle approximately the size of a cage while punching strait upwards) 3 -4 min

Punches:
10 slow jabs for form
10 quick jabs for speed
10 crosses for form
10 crosses for speed
10 jab, cross combos for form
10 jab, cross combos for speed
10 seconds punch as fast and hard as you can.

Defensive maneuvers
10 jab, cross combos followed by a quick body squat while remaining in your stagger stance (simulates ducking punches/kicks)
10 jab, cross combos followed by a quick reward step (simulates evading a leg kick or punch to the face)
10 jab, cross combos followed by a sprawl (simulates defending the takedown)

Circuit training
Do a split as low as you can and put hands flat palmed on the ground (I put my elbows or the top of my head on the ground)
Walk it out into a push up position: 20 push ups counting
Roll to your back and do 30 guard crunches
30 seconds alternating flutter kicks and shuffles (while in 6 in. killer position)
30 seconds 6 in. killers
30 seconds of hip heists spinning over every second
20 fast as you can pushups
on your feet punch as fast and hard as you can 10 sec

Teaching portion

Partner up (with someone approx. your size or bigger depending on how big you are)

Coach grabs a student and demonstrates proper form for a double leg take down without taking it to the mat.

Each partner does 20 double leg take downs (10 while standing lefty, and 10 righty for adv. students)

Coach demonstrates details of the double leg that some students are having trouble with

Repeat double leg take down 20x for each partner

Coach demonstrates the kimura lock from guard.

Each partner does 20x kimuras (10 on each side for adv.)

Coach demonstrates failed kimura to guillotine choke

20x each (10x each side for adv.)

Coach demonstrates kimura/ failed kimura to reversal into mount

20x each (10x each side for adv.)

stand up in stagger stance shuffling back and forth. - 1 minute

punch as fast and hard as you can - 25 sec

spin as fast as you can (simulates getting hit) - 10 sec

punch as fast and hard as you can - 25 sec

recover to seza (kneeling position) and recover breathing using breathing technique.

Respects (prayer hands, slightly bowed head)

Respects to the mat ( place hands on mat at side and touch forehead to mat)

high fives.

End of class.

This is just one class and one of the more tame ones as far as cardio is concerned. I can do write ups for the other classes if anyone would be interested in seeing em.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Holy crap. I'm tired just reading that. I don't have the stamina for a class like that!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Caloric intake: about 1500 kcal

Workout:

Cardio: 17.5 minutes stepper, 31 minutes elliptical, 34 minutes stationary bike

Weight training: circle, regular workout, 2 sets of 15 for each

Hellz yeah, let's do this! :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
That class sounds AWESOME!! I'm getting pumped just reading it! Makes me miss my cardio kickboxing class :cry:

There's some free classes they offer at the school that I might get involved in.. Also, when I start working, there's a "Nightclub Cardio" class down the road that sounds like it'd be pretty fun! So I suppose I'll be expanding my current schedule once work settles in.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DANG, Disco!! o_O Set the bar higher why dontcha?! lol

I'm not even going to mention what I did now!