• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am SUPER excited about this challenge. Yay for us!

Also excited that I kept to my daily goal today - 35 mins of cardio and 15 minutes of upper body weights.

E

I know we haven't officially started but just wanted to say that I already feel motivated...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great, guys! I'm pretty excited about this too. In that sort of subtle, is-he-really-excited-at-all INFP way that we do. :D

I already know my lifting days this week will be Tu, Th, and Sa. I'll fit in a cardio day either Fr or Su, depending on how my schedule works out. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am going to start 9-6. I wanna eat fatty food at the state fair dammit. :D

What does that have to do with your exercise routine? That's mainly what we are keeping track of in this thread. Eat the fatty food at the State Fair, but continue with the exercise. :D

G

Glycerine

What does that have to do with your exercise routine? That's mainly what we are keeping track of in this thread. Eat the fatty food at the State Fair, but continue with the exercise. :D

Ok, sorry, it more healthy eating/exercise for me. :doh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, sorry, it more healthy eating/exercise for me. :doh:

It's alright - considering the deliciousness of deep friend Twinkies, I don't blame you for trying. :laugh: No need to not exercise just because you wish to enjoy their splendor, though. Glad to see you are still with us. :)

G

Glycerine

Everything on a stick, man. You name it, they have it. Going back to the love my life, Charles Darwin now.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, I have a stupid question.

What do you guys mean by "cardio?" I mean, I know it's short for cardiovascular, so we're talking stuff to get the heart rate up, but what specifically are y'all doing when you just use "cardio" as a noun like that?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Walking, running, biking, swimming, skating, jumping.. These all work for 'cardio'. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I have a stupid question.

What do you guys mean by "cardio?" I mean, I know it's short for cardiovascular, so we're talking stuff to get the heart rate up, but what specifically are y'all doing when you just use "cardio" as a noun like that?

It essentially means aerobic exercises. Like Kyuuei said. They keep your heart rate up for extended periods of time, ideally > 20 minutes I believe.

Compare that to weight training, where the objective is to work in short bursts to improve strength and increase muscle mass.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, so jumping jacks is cardio?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes sir. Jumping jacks, dancing, anything like that is cardio.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes sir. Jumping jacks, dancing, anything like that is cardio.

Awesome. Well, to start off with then, I'm going to get back to my little routine of 30 jumping jacks,. 60 arm rolls (30 each way), 15 leg lift thingies and 15 of what I like to call funky sit-ups. This workout is basically from one on the Men's Health website but I tweaked it a little bit.

After I can do that again without feeling like I just ran 4 miles, then I will add some more stuff to it or something.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :) These sound like good goals to me Jeffy. Welcome aboard.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Just to be sure and so everyone knows my goals are to workout 5 days a week- 1 hour on the tredmill and 100 situps each workout day.

I am so excited as well!!!!!!

Today is the official first day guys! Today is the first day of the rest of our 6 months from now,lol.

FFIV and FFV and whatever other FF I can play on my DS are going to get me through it dudes and dudettes. It shall be my source of power and keep strong my will,lol.

I am totally going to do 9999 points of damage to the inches I need to lose to get into that freaking dress!

Getting rid of fat is like the final boss fight in FFVII- just when you thought you beat it- it takes on more horrendous forms and you have to battle it like ten more times- I shall name the inches I need to lose FATTYROTH. If it comes back I will just keep fighting the good fight,lol. Exercise is really gaining XP. Ooh I like that!!!!!

I am going to earn enough XP to defeat Fattyroth! Each time I lose an inch I will be going up a level!

Me getting into that dress will be the rewarding cutscene at the end!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Goal is to work out 4 days a week (40 minutes of cardio or more a session and some weight training added in (depends on whats in the fitness center at my college) I have an active job though.

I really would like to see at least two dress sizes drop or 30 pounds. So I can show off my corsets better ;)

I'd like to improve my diet too. (Its lacking in healthy stuff on days I work) So more cooking, less drive through.

Sorry it took so long for me post :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe I should have gotten some sleep last night. I'm still going to try to get to it by 10am.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome. Well, to start off with then, I'm going to get back to my little routine of 30 jumping jacks,. 60 arm rolls (30 each way), 15 leg lift thingies and 15 of what I like to call funky sit-ups. This workout is basically from one on the Men's Health website but I tweaked it a little bit.

After I can do that again without feeling like I just ran 4 miles, then I will add some more stuff to it or something.

Sounds like a good start to me. :yes:

I am totally going to do 9999 points of damage to the inches I need to lose to get into that freaking dress!

:laugh: That post amused me more than I should probably admit. Just cast some "Knights of the Round" and you'll defeat Fattyroth in no time.

My Goal is to work out 4 days a week (40 minutes of cardio or more a session and some weight training added in (depends on whats in the fitness center at my college) I have an active job though.

I really would like to see at least two dress sizes drop or 30 pounds. So I can show off my corsets better ;)

I'd like to improve my diet too. (Its lacking in healthy stuff on days I work) So more cooking, less drive through.

Sorry it took so long for me post :)

Hey - welcome to the fray! I was worried we might have lost you. Good luck. :)

Maybe I should have gotten some sleep last night. I'm still going to try to get to it by 10am.

Once you get in a few good exercise rounds you'll likely find yourself sleeping better. It's just difficult to get that whole process started! However, today is the first day - I have supreme confidence that you own this.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, did mine for the day. I also did some of my shoulder exercises. I'm going to have to try to remember what those were. I had my 4 year old take some (scary) before pics which I'm not going to post quite yet!

I am now a zombie.