• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Welcome to the TypeC Exercise Challenge! Here’s a bit of background: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...pec-exercise-challenge-anyone-interested.html.

Hopefully everyone that is interested in participating in the contest is ready to go! For those that are just seeing this, the idea of this thread is to offer encouragement and incentive to exercise. There is a contest portion that starts on Monday, Aug 31st, and will go until only one person remains or we make it 6 months. It is known fact that everyone that wins will garner the love and adoration of the entire forum, and quite possibly the world!! …Which is good, because the prize itself will probably not be anything too fancy. There will be some sort of prize, though!

I have made one change to the contest rules. Instead of making a report at the end of the week, you can just post your exercises in the thread as you complete them. For example: "Hey, I just used the treadmill for 30 minutes."

For those of you that aren’t interested in the contest but like the idea of the thread, feel free to join in as well!

Finally, the rules. As I mentioned before, I’m all about the spirit of the law vs. the letter, but we do need something.

Rules for the 6 Month / Last Man Standing Contest
1. The contest runs 8/31/09 – 2/28/10, or until there is only 1 remaining participant.
2. Share your exercise goals with us before the contest begins.
3. Report your exercising one of two ways:
  • At the end of the week, post what you did for the week. Each week begins on Monday, so please submit by Wednesday at the latest.
  • After exercising, make a quick post stating what you did.
4. There will be a prize, or prizes, but not one worth cheating for. I’m aiming for ‘kinda neat’.
5. There will be allowance for vacations, injuries, etc, where exercise is not possible. Prior notification for vacations and notification of injuries and sickness, with a speedy return to the program will be fine.
6. Each person will have 10 cheat days. You lose a cheat based on the number of days you are short of your weekly goals. Example: if your goal is 4 days of cardio per week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days.
7. Changing exercise goals is allowed, assuming it consists of exercise. Just post the modifications here.

Please feel free to offer suggestions, questions, or comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A clarification:

Anyone that is pushing themselves with a challenge is welcome to join - beginner or veteran. I originally started this more for beginners because I was worried about an unfair advantage, but since anyone that makes it 6 months wins, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Since the spirit of the thread is about pushing and challenging ourselves, anyone doing that is welcome to participate. :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So can you win now?? You really should be a winner.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alas, no. I'll just have to settle for being a winner in life. :boohoo:

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Never mind- I just scrolled up and found my answer, blonde moment!!!!! LOLOLOL

I personally would like to report my progress at the end of the week. Can we get a star at the end of the week,lol. I miss getting stickers. I am going to give myself a sticker at the end of the week. LOL.

The sad thing is I am not joking, I really am going to give myself a sticker, I just find it funny that I will be 27 soon and still need stickers of affirmation,lol. I am going to give myself two stickers if I exercise on my birthday,lol.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rules for the 6 Month / Last Man Standing Contest
1. The contest runs 9/31/09 – 2/28/10, or until there is only 1 remaining participant.

That's perfect, because I'm always saying I'll start exercising on September 31st. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's perfect, because I'm always saying I'll start exercising on September 31st. :D

:doh:! :laugh:

Man, I totally FUBAR'd the dates in the OP! That's the third correction I've had to make to them. Date corrected to 8/31/09.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
LadyPinkington I totally feel you on the sticker thing. I was WAY too excited about getting a piece of candy in History class if we did well on the tests... and I'm in college. :laugh:!!

;) Good luck everyone! I'm definitely not giving up, so ya'll better not leave me standing alone on top of that mountain of work!

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good luck, everyone! I'm leaving for the airport in 3.5 hrs, have to do bunch of paperwork and get ready and stuff, but I'll try and not use TOO many break days.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a question, though? How strict do we have to manage it? Like, say I only make it three times a week one week: would it be okay to do it five times the next, so the average is four? Or have I lost then?

Right now, I'm engaging in a lot of projects at the moment, and I hope I can keep it. :blush: But I will try my best.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh - LL had a good idea. If you guys are interested, share you weight during week 1. (Or, barring that, start with 0 and tell us how much you lose.) That will be neat to see by the end of this.

- do 45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week; 30 minutes weight training twice a week
- lose 3 kg and be within my weight range for the first time in about 7 years
- have the following measurements: 95-65-95 (36-24-36 about, well literally 37.5-25.5-37.5)
- get down to size 6
- increase strength and get my fat percentage down to 25.0%
- restrict caloric intake to 1500 kcal

Current information:

- Weight: 62.5 kg (137.5 lbs)
- Measurements: 100-73-96
- Dress size: 8-10
- Fat percentage: not sure...must check and edit

Sounds good to me. If you need to reduce that to 45 minutes cardio 3x a week / weight training 2x a week let me know. (See below)

I have a question, though? How strict do we have to manage it? Like, say I only make it three times a week one week: would it be okay to do it five times the next, so the average is four? Or have I lost then?

Right now, I'm engaging in a lot of projects at the moment, and I hope I can keep it. :blush: But I will try my best.

Under the 4x / week goal, you would have to use a cheat day on the week you went 3x. May I suggest modifying your minimum goals to 3x a week? (45 minutes cardio 3x, weight training 2x.) You can always do more on your own and report that here. :)

Your best shot at making it 6 months is if you start off realistic for you. Once you get into the habit it will be easier to increase your workout frequencies - especially once you start making progress.

G

Glycerine

Current Information
Weight: 86.5 pounds
Measurement: 33-25/26-33
Dress size: 0-2

I need to start working out to build up stamina so I am not so exhausted all the time.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Night can't play! He's already a beefcake!!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I stopped giving out my weight online when I was a teen and guys would ask weight to make sure the chick wasn't chunky. I would tell them I was 135 and they would fall over worried that I was overweight. I was a twig. Heh. I've met a few men over the years that were able to comprehend my weight vs. frame, but most people are not able to get it.

I'm starting at 0!

I hope this doesn't become a "so and so is hot" thread, this is about encouraging an exercise program, right?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting at 0!

0 pounds! That's alot! *falls over worried that Elaur is overweight*

I hope this doesn't become a "so and so is hot" thread, this is about encouraging an exercise program, right?

Of course.

The weight thing is 100% optional - you don't need to share any of that if you don't want to. That's why I didn't add it to the OP. The only thing I care about is what exercises you are doing.

I just figured the weight thing would be a neat motivator for some people. For the purposes of this thread, I'm starting at 0 as well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oops, sorry, I guess I provided too much information...my mistake. (And I did not say it to make it a hot or not thread - I simply wanted to provide the empirical evidence for any improvements and specifically state my goals).

Anyway, I think I'm going to start off at 3 x per week and increase it as time goes on, is that good?

:D That's more doable, especially with my hectic schedule at the moment. I will do more if I can. :D

By the way, what is the goal? To keep it up as long as possible? To reach the target? Or to surpass the target? Or to increase your levels? Not sure here....

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, I think I'm going to start off at 3 x per week and increase it as time goes on, is that good?

Sure. 3x cardio and 2x weight lifting, or just 3x cardio?

By the way, what is the goal? To keep it up as long as possible? To reach the target? Or to surpass the target? Or to increase your levels? Not sure here....

The goal of the thread, or your own personal goal? The goal of the thread is just to offer support and incentive to stick to a desired exercise routine. I can't really answer what you personally would like out of an exercise routine, though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: this thread already rocks.

Current information:
Weight: 146 lbs.
Height: 5'3"
Measurements: .. I'll edit this to get those :)
Body fat percentage: 25.6%

I dunno my dress size. I wear a 32/30 in men's cargo pants Lol.