• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] & [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION] Yup, you just post what you did- in whichever way you'd like.
It started out as a Challenge courtesy of Udog, with self-determined guidelines as far as I know. There will be another challenge soon headed by Zoom, but I'm assuming it will be a separate thread.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Thanks [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] for the great tips, and thanks [MENTION=8794]Unkindloving[/MENTION] for the explanation! :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the green smoothie recommendations, you guys! I was just thinking about how I can do green smoothies with a low carb diet yesterday.

As far as exercise, after realizing how much fun I have with my tennis classes (I actually look forward to them!), I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate this concept into my workouts. Perhaps if 60% of it is social / competitive / fun, with the final 40% consisting of lifting, I might have more success.

Looking forward to the new exercise challenge!

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Thanks for the green smoothie recommendations, you guys! I was just thinking about how I can do green smoothies with a low carb diet yesterday.
and [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION]

nutritional-values.gif

definitely check out crystal light! i love that stuff.
you can use that as a sweetener and it's delicious!
mix the crystal light into water as a juice replacement! 0 carbs.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
FYI for all: The thread for the new exercise challenge will be posted on the 25th, with a starting date of August 31st. :)

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
and [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION]

nutritional-values.gif

definitely check out crystal light! i love that stuff.
you can use that as a sweetener and it's delicious!
mix the crystal light into water as a juice replacement! 0 carbs.

Cool, thanks mmhmm!

I'm compiling a similar list of my own, but I'm doing the non-berry fruits by whole fruit instead of by cup, and I'm including total carbs, sugar, and fiber. I might also add Glycemic Index if I get ambitious. I'll share it once I've added more info! [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION], you might be interested, too.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did my workout tonight. Made myself a proper lunch. That is all.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tennis today. Pretty much everyone in the class has been playing longer and is better than I am, but I'm loving it. They are pushing me hard, and I'm a lot better than I was 4 weeks ago.

FYI for all: The thread for the new exercise challenge will be posted on the 25th, with a starting date of August 31st. :)

Sweet - Looking forward to it!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been working out every day this week, but no really intense stuff. Tonight, I did all five segments of a 10 minute fat burning dance thing on Netflix Instant, so it was a fun, 50 minute cardio thingy with a few squats thrown in.

I'm ready to get back to eating better, though. I gained back the few pounds I'd lost doing the Brazil Butt Lift and eating right. With the crazy heat we've been having, it's been much more tempting to have a daily Slurpee, too.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've given up 'fad diets' since weight loss is strictly about more calories out than calories in. You could lose weight eating only twinkies if you burned more calories per day than you ingested. Low carb is kinda disgusting but I can do the easy "no to little white starches and as little sugar as possible".

And [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION] (wait...who else was on the Vitamix kick? I thought it was redcheerio...) I accidentally juiced MUSTARD GREENS. I didn't realize until the hot burning green fire attacked my taste buds. It was GOD AWFUL. I have been too traumatized to touch my juicer since. And yes, I did drink the WHOLE thing because it was just too wasteful not to (I had juiced a cup of blueberries and a carrot before the mustard greens).

Anywhoo, I did hydrostatic body fat testing and was able to allay any body neurosis. I am in 'normal' range for my age and height (and even have ever so slightly higher than average metabolism! whoohoo!) and now I have scientifically verified realistic goals! Whee!

Are we betting money btw? Because that's a motivation.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually Twinkie calories are not equal to the calories in wheat bread, plain greek yogurt, and spinach.

I think sticking to as little white bread/sugar as possible is for the best. Think whole grains, it's not a fad.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Today is gym day. I was really bad and didn't go for 2 whole months (travel and Fest prep got in the way), but the last 2 weeks I've been pretty good about it. Really not in the mood to go tonight, but I'm going to try to get pumped up for it!

This song will help.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20t13m4BblI"]Let's Do This!!![/YOUTUBE]

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I've given up 'fad diets' since weight loss is strictly about more calories out than calories in. You could lose weight eating only twinkies if you burned more calories per day than you ingested. Low carb is kinda disgusting but I can do the easy "no to little white starches and as little sugar as possible".

That's the important aspect of low carb eating anyway. In some ways, it's true about the calorie math, but the reason it makes a difference what you eat is because your body needs and processes different kinds of food in different ways. And if you don't get the right balance or the right nutrients, it might take a lot more calories to feel satisfied. And eating different things affects your metabolism in different ways.

Doctors were told in school that calories out > calories in is the only important factor in weight loss, and lots of them are sticking to it, because they don't wanna have to learn anything new!

And [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION] (wait...who else was on the Vitamix kick? I thought it was redcheerio...) I accidentally juiced MUSTARD GREENS. I didn't realize until the hot burning green fire attacked my taste buds. It was GOD AWFUL. I have been too traumatized to touch my juicer since. And yes, I did drink the WHOLE thing because it was just too wasteful not to (I had juiced a cup of blueberries and a carrot before the mustard greens).

Oh noz, that sucks. :laugh: (Yep, it was me. :biggrin: I recently bought a high speed blender and have been making green smoothies. In order to make mine low carb, I've been using mostly bananas and berries, and adding protein powder and ground flaxseed. [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION] is starting on green smoothies, too!)

Anywhoo, I did hydrostatic body fat testing and was able to allay any body neurosis. I am in 'normal' range for my age and height (and even have ever so slightly higher than average metabolism! whoohoo!) and now I have scientifically verified realistic goals! Whee!

Are we betting money btw? Because that's a motivation.

Yay! Good for you, that's awesome. :)

For me, I know I'm a healthy size, but would like to be a bit slimmer, and I love being fit. I recently started on CrossFit, and am having fun getting stronger and fitter with the killer workouts.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, did part of my rope routine yesterday, not all of it. But I did get in a session of monster lawn marathon mowing in, so I'm counting it. Push mower + 3 weeks of growing.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: Walking

Despite being in the new exercise challenge thread, I'm going to keep posting in this one too. :yes:

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Tuesday: Zumba
Wednesday: Walking

Despite being in the new exercise challenge thread, I'm going to keep posting in this one too. :yes:

Why? :shocking: That will be confusing.

Yeah. Which thread do you update to?

Anyway. I did 45 minutes 375 calories on the elliptical today.

:biggrin:

*posts this for you in the new thread*

Update in the newer thread that's been created, please. :ninja: Danke. Ye can make your own thread (a la wolfy) in the subforum or just use the Soiree thread, as per your preference.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why? :shocking: That will be confusing.
To keep the dream aliiive! lol Nah we'll see- I was thinking of posting individual updates here, then the weekly update in the current Challenge thread, but may abandon this one. :cry: I just need to get used to letting go lol