• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've lost weight since coming to DC just from all the walking I've been doing.

But, after sweating like a whore in church on the way home yesterday, I realized getting back into running would be a great benefit.

I just want to get back around 190-200.

Maybe I'll be able to take some new body pics finally.

One thing I love about a very challenging workout is that it forces you to concentrate fully on your body and what you are doing. If your mind wonders for even a second, your form and the quality of your workout suffers. As someone who has a bit of a tendency to let my mind wonder, it's a great way to practice learning how to maintain presence in the moment.

This is a great point.

One of the things I loved, and still love about MMA, is that when you're training... that's all your doing.

And more importantly all you're thinking about.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Folk Dance. Zumba

Booty status- Still sore on the side-butt. Stretching feels like heaven.
I will be Zumba-ing likely... 5-6 times over the next 4 days. :biggrin:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout, it feels good to get moving again. I bought a door mounted chin-up bar a while back. I can do a few, I'm working on doing more.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ceili was fun! More tiring than I expected.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lower Body 2 workout completed.

I'm thinking about joining an Outward Bound expedition - there's an 8 day expedition in the Colorado Rockies that sounds like a lot of fun. Plus, it'll give me something to train for.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hopefully gonna go for another run today.

No "hopefully"! "Hopefully" is evil! Either make the decision and DO it, or if there's a logical reason why today isn't the best day, make a plan to do it tomorrow.

:)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: Zumba 9:30am. Zumba 6:30pm.

I keep hoping that my knees can keep up with me. Time to stretchity stretch!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, crap. I tweaked my back while I was putting down the barbell after a set of barbell corner presses. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrwAI1rk_Qc). I let my concentration lapse for just a moment and used my back to put the barbell down, and that was that.

Anyway, so I only got 50% of my workout done today. I'm going to ice my back, take tomorrow and Sunday off, and hopefully by Monday I will be well enough to do a 75% effort workout.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: Zumba

Oh my knees so were not liking me today :shock:. Alas, more to be done tomorrow morning. Sunday is debatable lol. We'll see how my knees are handling life.
Well, crap. I tweaked my back while I was putting down the barbell after a set of barbell corner presses. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrwAI1rk_Qc). I let my concentration lapse for just a moment and used my back to put the barbell down, and that was that.

Anyway, so I only got 50% of my workout done today. I'm going to ice my back, take tomorrow and Sunday off, and hopefully by Monday I will be well enough to do a 75% effort workout.
o: Hope you feel better, mister! No more zoning out with heavy objects! I swear infps need their own warning labels about not operating heavy machinery sometimes :tongue:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
o: Hope you feel better, mister! No more zoning out with heavy objects! I swear infps need their own warning labels about not operating heavy machinery sometimes :tongue:

It's sad but true! Anyway, I learned an important lesson: The set isn't over until the weight has been put safely away.

Hope your knees are feeling better soon. Don't be afraid to take a week off to give them a chance to recover. Also, I think that your weight lifting class will help strengthen your legs, which can help protect your knees. Just let your instructor know, and ask if he can show you exercises that are easier on the knees while strengthening your legs.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday: Zumba

Think today was my third time on the stage with Melissa. Good vibes!
Despite extraversion, I feel strange when attention is drawn to me and I can get super awkward in pre/post exercise situations, despite being otherwise fine in the moment. Even though it's my place of zen, the purpose relates to the most discomfort. Hm!
It's sad but true! Anyway, I learned an important lesson: The set isn't over until the weight has been put safely away.

Hope your knees are feeling better soon. Don't be afraid to take a week off to give them a chance to recover. Also, I think that your weight lifting class will help strengthen your legs, which can help protect your knees. Just let your instructor know, and ask if he can show you exercises that are easier on the knees while strengthening your legs.
:yes: You've learned well, young Padawan.
Don't make me whine at the prospect of taking off a week lol. I'm hoping Monday & Tuesday off will tame the savage beasts a bit.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just remember, it's better in the long run to take a week off and let everything heal up than it is to work on injured body parts for weeks on end.

I'm also super antsy that I was unable to finish my workout yesterday, and can't workout today. I think I was starting to get addicted to working out!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Try"? ENTJs don't try... they DO!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just remember, it's better in the long run to take a week off and let everything heal up than it is to work on injured body parts for weeks on end.

I'm also super antsy that I was unable to finish my workout yesterday, and can't workout today. I think I was starting to get addicted to working out!
:kicks dirt: Truuuue :tongue:.
I decided to not Zumba today, & I can't Monday or Tuesday. There's Aerobic Conditioning Tuesday night, but it should be tame. I'll definitely have more off days for a bit once the end of the semester hits and it's time to bask in my NFPs

You'll jump back into the addiction period :). How is your back today, mister?