• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

D

Dali

I was on the elliptical machine (have come to understand that people's eyes just glaze over when I mention 'cross-trainer') for 40mins and I performed a light forearms workout with dumbbells. Today, I go for another 40mins on the treadmill and then I do a bit of weights too. Tomorrow is LEGS-DAY! (AKA the hardest effing day).

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Been sick this week, therefore no workouts. :( Class tonight, but will get back into it tomorrow.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday: Wedding-dance-party-tyme lol
Sunday: Zumba Event

I've been sick since Wednesday night, but the magic and medicine helped for the weekend. The Zumba Event was tough, especially clocking in at an 1 hour 45 min, so I had to sit out for 3-4 songs. Both things were great fun though :biggrin:
I'll have to take it easy in my Aerobic Conditioning class tomorrow night.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Entire week: --
Tuesday: Stationary bike, Treadmill

I absolutely failed at getting to my gym this past month. The past week was terrible itself due to one or a few of the non-sick-making medicines I was taking. It rendered me useless. :shock:
Back to the grind when I catch up on schoolwork. Luckily, I'm set for Zumba-ing Saturday morning!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Once upon a time, there was a man named Wolfy. A great man, he was, infact: his glutes alone kept corruption out of Japan. This man, though great as he was, doubted the success of an exercise thread in a small community of forum browsers.

I had a moral to this story somewhere...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, this thread had a pretty great run, didn't it? I'm even more impressed that it's still kicking. :D

I started working out again last weekend, lifting every other day and generally walking for an hour or so on the alternating days. My workouts are back to the classic "A" and "B" schedule that I'm sure I outlined a long time ago.

Oh, and for your Zumba freaks - I'm planning on going to Monday's class. Should be interesting!\

Oh, and weight wise, I'm still at 263. I had actually shot up to 268, but at least managed to lower my weight back down to where it was.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I'm sure your glutes assassinated anyone that dare disturbed the peace!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: Zumba DVD

We attempted Zumba in my Aerobic Conditioning class. We did the first 20 minutes of the instructional portion of a DVD, which was interesting since Zumba classes don't break down the moves. It's basically like 'just follow and keep moving and having fun!' I actually found it more difficult to follow and get into the swing with the break-down.
Then we jumped into the actual Zumba workout, which went far better. The class seemed into it, even the menfolk, and there were some lulz :tongue:. After Spring Break we're doing Hip Hop Abs lol.
I started working out again last weekend, lifting every other day and generally walking for an hour or so on the alternating days. My workouts are back to the classic "A" and "B" schedule that I'm sure I outlined a long time ago.

Oh, and for your Zumba freaks - I'm planning on going to Monday's class. Should be interesting!\

Oh, and weight wise, I'm still at 263. I had actually shot up to 268, but at least managed to lower my weight back down to where it was.
Whoo! Do it to it! :hug: Glad you're back to getting things sorted, and holding down the fort even with a hiccup.
First Zumba class? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tuesday: 15min Turbo Fire
Wednesday: Zumba

Well. 15 minutes into my Aerobic Conditioning class, my sports bra zipper decided to break. It killed my ability to do the next 45-60min of the workout.
On a joyous note- I bought two new sports bras last night, then rejoined my gym :biggrin:. Zumba was hard, especially considering how I've only gone to 5-6 sessions over the course of 3 months. It felt damn good though.

There's a Zumba Afterglow event tomorrow, so I'm super excited. :yes:

Where'd everyone drop off to?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: Zumba Afterglow
Saturday: --
Sunday: --
Monday: --
Tuesday: Aerobic Conditioning - Biggest Loser DVD
Wednesday: Folk Dance. Zumba

Zumba Afterglow was fantastic. I won one of the 2 prizes for 'most creative blacklight responsive outfit' & had a fantastic workout apart from that.
Biggest Loser DVD killed my knees.. like a lot.. but it's a good workout. We're doing P90x next Tuesday :ohmy:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, this thread had a pretty great run, didn't it? I'm even more impressed that it's still kicking. :D

Awesome! I started Zumba a couple of weeks ago. I love it! I do it more for fun than workout. Some days if I need a lazier workout I do Zumba. (Since I'm still not doing it completely proper I'm not getting the full work out benifit from it.) Some days I've been doing it on top of my normal workout. Been working out so much lately... 5 days a week or so...

Sunday ran 4, did sin spin, walked the dog and did Zumba.
Monday I didn't do anything
Tuesday I just did Zumba
Yesterday I did a pump it up class. (Weight lifting, usually women in there.)
Today I'll run a couple of miles, maybe do Zumba.

I think I like Zumba because I'm not really a great dancer. It helps me learn how to move in that way. As an Se dom who can't dance, I'm like. "hey, Zumba, where ya been all my life?" Hahaha. I also like that Zumba is such a non judgmental environment.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Trying to get on the exercise boat again...
Saturday I did a really good workout - 25 minutes on elliptical, weight lifting, stretching and then swimming. Monday and Tuesday of this week I didn't do formal exercise, but I primed and painted our new closet, and that was a bit of a workout. Today I need to get back in the gym again.

G

Ginkgo

Ran around the block twice today. 75 push-ups total. 100 bicycle crunches.

bicycle-crunch2.jpg