• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
photoon20110125at1655.jpg

Closer...

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So I'm going to love the hell out of my Aerobic Conditioning class at my school. It's very based on participation and making gradual progress. We're going to have a few weeks where we do the Insanity and P90X workout DVDs. We may even do a Zumba DVD if my Prof thinks it worthy :biggrin:. I went to him with child-like wonder after class to tell him I do it 3-4x a week, and that hopefully he'll enjoy the DVD enough. Hope hope hope!

Gradually eating better again, apart from the ice cream right now :whistling:. Must grocery shop tomorrow!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
People keep warning me about putting my legs behind my head, but it's much less painful than running or push ups or anything my body is supposed to be able to do... so... there's obviously something terribly wrong with me... or maybe I'm supposed to be doing those things because they're horrifically painful?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Nah, do what works for you.

And from that last pic, it seems like your foot IS behind your head... I want to be that flexible! :eek:

Anywho, I has a rock-climbing class today! :D It was awesome, but also much harder (and more terrifying!) than I remember it being. Still, I had fun. Can't wait til next week!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did my workout last night, the only night this week. I don't feel too bad because I've been pretty physically active working on my house during my working vacation. I'm sorry to report that I cannot put my leg behind my head.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Today was my last day of shoddy eating habits. I did half-well today, but ended my night at Friday's. Tomorrow is a new day. A new day that will probably contain Zumba in the morning :biggrin:. I miss my favorite instructor, so it's a good thing that he is likely to be the jumpstart again.
I need to rework through my Zumba schedule. It may have changed up a bit due to college and things. We'll see!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba

:yay: Dragged ass out of my house on only a few hours of sleep today! I powerhoused it for most of the hour, but was reduced to low power mode for the last two songs. My instructor usually stays up on a stage, but he went to the middle and parted the people-sea. I got to dance next to him for two songs, which felt awesome.
He's the most inspiring/motivating instructor. It's probably because he doesn't have a background in physical fitness/personal training like all of the others, and recently lost a ton of weight in the past 3 years. That plus passion goes for miiiiiles.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Bad news everyone. I seem to have done something bad to my knee, as it's been paining me all week. Getting it checked out on Monday, but I don't wanna risk running in the meantime. Could end up permanently fucking it up :/

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bad news everyone. I seem to have done something bad to my knee, as it's been paining me all week. Getting it checked out on Monday, but I don't wanna risk running in the meantime. Could end up permanently fucking it up :/

Ouch.. I'm hoping the best for you.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Good news! Knee pain is nothing serious, just a misbehaving tendon :1377:. I've been given some anti-inflammatories and told not to run for another week or two. At this rate I'll be back to square 1 again :( At least that's the worst of it anyway... I'm determined to get back into it as soon as I can :run:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's great to hear. Be careful out there. Maybe I have a wrong impression, but running seems to be a dangerous pastime.

My report: I've mostly been a slug. I started feeling it yesterday and jumped rope till I lost breath a few times. That is all.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: --
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: Folk Dance. Zumba. Pilates.

I can't wait until we actually start doing the fitness portion of my Aerobic Conditioning class on Tuesday nights. I'm also glad to have pushed myself to rejoin my gym tonight, and that I stayed after Zumba for Pilates. I keep noticing that I'm dancing more in Zumba, which is what it is ideally about. At times I push myself a bit too hard because of that :blush:. My recovery time is awesome though.

Basically, my schedule will resemble this in the near future-
Monday: -- Tuesday: Aerobic Conditioning. Wednesday: Folk Dance. Strength Training. Zumba. Pilates. Thursday: -- Friday: Zumba. Saturday: Zumba 9am. Zumba 5pm. Sunday: Zumba
I'll probably be trying to sprinkle in Yoga again. I jipped myself out of it on accident, since the one I was going to is during my Tuesday class.
Good news! Knee pain is nothing serious, just a misbehaving tendon :1377:. I've been given some anti-inflammatories and told not to run for another week or two. At this rate I'll be back to square 1 again :( At least that's the worst of it anyway... I'm determined to get back into it as soon as I can :run:
That's good! It shouldn't bring you back to square one, even if it leaves you a bit tripped up momentarily. There's always a refractory period :tongue:. Don't forget to accomplish any other goals that won't put your knees under stress.
My report: I've mostly been a slug. I started feeling it yesterday and jumped rope till I lost breath a few times. That is all.
Something is definitely better than nothing, especially some jump rope! Any approx on how long? I think I'd lose my breath just failing at jumping over the damn thing for a while lol.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something is definitely better than nothing, especially some jump rope! Any approx on how long? I think I'd lose my breath just failing at jumping over the damn thing for a while lol.

Oh, probably about 3 minutes. I did that three times, then I started tripping over the rope :) I started pretty slow, It was almost not worth the effort until I was coordinated enough. Then my muscles would give out before my breathing would. Now my breathing gives out first. I jump pretty fast now alternating feet: left foot 5 times both feet 5 times, right foot five times..and continue. It's fun.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, probably about 3 minutes. I did that three times, then I started tripping over the rope :) I started pretty slow, It was almost not worth the effort until I was coordinated enough. Then my muscles would give out before my breathing would. Now my breathing gives out first. I jump pretty fast now alternating feet: left foot 5 times both feet 5 times, right foot five times..and continue. It's fun.
:eek: That's impressive. It's definitely one of the better things to do to engage just about everything :yes:. Maybe one day I'll attempt it.. when I'm tinier and won't potentially break myself as hard as I would now lol.

D

Dali

Quit gyming in early November and spent the past holiday season partying. I recently noticed that I feel far less fit, have lost some muscle mass and definition from my biceps, chest and shoulders and that I've also (re)gained some fat. I realised I had to do something about it when my clothes started looking indecently tight (I like wearing fitted shirts and trousers) and I had to 'downgrade' to my old 'fat wardrobe' (which makes me look supremely tacky). I'm in that awkward situation where I'm two sizes too big for my current wardrobe and several sizes too small for my 'fat clothes' (went down from 25% bodyfat to 11%).

I regained my healthy living mojo 8 days ago and have started eating healthy and gyming once more. It's been a struggle getting my conditioning back; every morning, I wake up feeling like I just completed an 8-hour hike. I'll keep this feeling in mind should I be ever tempted to fall off the wagon again.

Yesterday, I did chest and forearms and, for cardio, was on the cross-trainer for 40mins. Today, I'm doing biceps and shoulders, another 40mins on the crosstrainer and will also attend a salsa class. Looking forward to it!

D

Dali

Today, I'm going to do an hour on the cross-trainer... or go on a blind date. I don't know yet. LOL

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ What'd you end up doing Dali?

Did my workout. Yay.

D

Dali

Neither.

Date was pushed forward to Sunday and I spent the evening clubbing with an ESFJ pal. :blush:

I intend to do double time today to make up for that. :workout:

I also hope to get in a leg workout.