• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I ate the last of the chocolate turtles that were gifted to me this weekend, then I did my workout.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :laugh: Today is most def. an endurance and stretching day for me, while it's still not so cold out, followed by a long soak in the shower and pampering my face with shit that makes it look like an alien. :3

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Lol, I just realised I never posted my workout from yesterday up here. So, here's a copy & paste from my report on my blog :tongue:

2.25 miles - 30 minutes.

Well, I’ve graduated c25k. I should be happy, but today’s run did not go to plan at all. Many different things soured what was supposed to be my triumphant Week 9 Day 3 run:

My legs were tired and felt heavy the whole way round. I ran much slower than I wanted to, and I never got in the running mood while I was out so it felt like a bit of a slog (not aided by the fact I’ve been very lazy over the Christmas holidays). I was also chased by a dog for about .4 of a mile. It was only a wee Jack Russel (all bark and no bite) but I still felt unnerved by it.

However, what really ruined tonight’s run for me: some scumbag ran alongside me around the 28 minute mark for a very short while. I would have written it off as a young fella just havin’ a laugh, but I got some really bad vibes from him. Seriously, if there hadn’t been a couple of other people around he might have followed me much longer, perhaps attacked me. I decided I’d rather go home with a 30 minute run than go on and complete my planned 3.1 mile run at this point, so here I am. Luckily I was actually just around the corner from my house, since I was doubling back on a loop.

So, as you might imagine, I’m very frustrated now. I ran less than I wanted, slower than I wanted, and I can’t go for a short run around my own area feeling completely safe (It’s only half 9 for crying out loud). I’ve decided that from now on I’m only running in the mornings, or in daylight. You might think I’m over-reacting, and maybe I am, but I’d rather over react and be safe than under react and be dead. A rather less jubilant end to Couch to 5k than I was expecting, but there you have it.

I'm actually feeling much better about it today. I was very bitter about the whole thing last night, but I'm happy I made a good decision to abandon my run early now. Anyway, I've two 1 mile runs to do over the next 2 days, and then a 5k at the weekend, so I'm pretty excited. I'm looking forward to putting the gluttony of the Christmas holidays behind me now and get ready for my half marathon in May (which, ps, I've registered for online! :eek:).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good move Oeufa. I remember reading that preditors (criminal, or other) prefer their targets to be oblivious and isolated, a runner with earphones in fits the description well. You've gotta be careful out there.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not overreacting, Oeufa. Even in daylight women running alone can be targets in less busy areas....even in cities which have a low crime rate and are usually safe. :(

---

Got back to it today after 4 days of sloth,while eating large amounts of terribly unhealthy food. Just arms and shoulders, 45 min. Not much but I guess it's a start. :)

I printed a calendar of 2011 so I can mark off the days I work out. Might help with the motivation a bit. Still aiming for 3-4x/week, not counting soccer or whatever else.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Did some light working out with my mother and baby sister doing the walk-at-home DVD :) I really liked it and my mom and sister both got a lot out of it. I got some out of it too by upping the pace and using weights and more arm movements. It rocked.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
My Garmin Forerunner 205 arrived in the post today, about a week earlier than I expected! :D

tumblr_leapuqj4sw1qeph0yo1_500.jpg

I'll be taking it for a 1 mile test run later. Can't wait!

Edit: Good run! 1 mile - 11:53

tumblr_leaz9pbfTp1qeph0yo1_500.jpg

I tried to keep the pace between 11:30 and 12, so this was good. It was that perfect balance between feeling strong and pushing myself ever so slightly. I'm pretty satisfied with this run.

Also, I <3 my new Garmin. It's seriously awesome. I love it.

wolfy

awsm
I recently ran ten k for the first time. It was actually fun, just take it easy from the start and see how you are feeling towards the end. Keep loose. Hold your hands loose, like you are holding an imaginary egg in each hand. Take it easy and have fun!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I did the 5k race this afternoon. I thought it'd be a bit of a fun family race, but it was all serious runners :eek:. Eep. I got caught up with them starting off (running at a very unsustainable 9:30 pace for me), and I was punished for it as I ended up walking/running for a lot of it. I would say something like, "Oh I'm just happy I did it and I finished and it was my first race," but I won't lie. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't run the whole thing (and, I hesitate to tell you but... I cried a little on my way round. Pathetic). I'll chalk this up to a lesson in pacing and not getting carried away in the excitement of race day.

Gun time was 38:11, but my actual time was probably about 37:45 (I forgot to stop my Garmin as I crossed the finish line and only thought of it a few minutes later :tongue:). At least it's under 40 minutes, and it should be easy enough to PB my next 5k! :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: 20min Zumba

Still slacking, but tomorrow, wednesday, and friday nights are for my real Zumba classes. Zumba videogame is good, but my brother needs to not live here anymore for me to play it as frequently and with as much effort as I'd like. Stupid loud floor. Stupid complaining brother. :dont:
I also need to figure out wtf to do for exercise whilst I'm visiting the boyfriend.. er.. hm.. :blush:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Zumba'ed a few times last week, and have done the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds several times, as well. Trying to work off the few pounds I seem to have acquired over the holidays and since acquiring my cupcake maker. :p

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
did chest and back today. on target so far, more or less. :D

I'm already able to do almost twice as many (different) pushups overall. This was my 4th time with this workout over ~3 weeks (on the first time I didn't keep track, though). woot woot

of course, I started out pretty ridiculously pathetic at them soooo. :shrug:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Did a nice and easy 1.5 mile run in just over 19 minutes today.

I'm also pretty interested in taking a yoga class. I'm going to have a look around the interwebs and hopefully find a good one conveniently close-by :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout yesterday. Usually it's about 20-30 mins, but I stretched it out to probably 45. I did a lot more cardio because it's been to long since my last workout and I felt the need to move. Through my first holiday without multiple family events to attend and without constant baked goods in the house, I've lost a couple pounds. :cheese:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
1.5 miles in 20:09 minutes. I'm slightly annoyed that I ran so slowly tonight, but since we put all the decorations away this evening I'm not overly surprised. I was pretty pooped before I even set foot out the door.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I was shopping in the sales today and saw a pair of 2.5lb dumbbells for €6, so I bought 'em on impulse :tongue:. I've been meaning to try some strength training for a while now anyway, so now I've no excuse. I'll follow this guideline for a few weeks and see how it goes:

Beginner/intermediate routine:

Day 1: chest/triceps/lats
Bench press, pull ups, dips, lat pulldown, incline bench press, tricep pressdown, dumbbell pullover, dumbbell flyes

Day 2: rest/cardio

Day 3: legs/core
Squat, decline crunches, deadlift, leg press, V-up, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises

Day 4: rest/cardio

Day 5: back/shoulders/biceps
Barbell row, military press, preacher curls, inverted row, dumbbell shoulder press, dumbbell curls, cable row, lateral raises

Day 6: rest/cardio

Day 7: rest/cardio

The same rules will apply for this particular routine: 3 sets per exercise, aiming for 12 reps per set while learning the motions. Once you are confident, aim more for 6-10 reps. Resting for 60-120 seconds between each set is also suggested, and as much as 3 minutes for a bulking routine.

Also, I've decided to do the university's Get in Gear programme this semester. It's €40 for 5 weeks, to do as many of the classes available as you want (they recommend at least 5 a week). Pretty decent selection too.

I also now have a weight goal. I've been aiming for 115lbs as my ultimate goal weight, but I've set my current target as losing around 32lbs before my half-marathon on the 15th May (this way, I'll be in the 130s when I'm lining up to race). I'm generously allowing c. 8lbs loss a month, which should be perfectly do-able. Between good eating, running, 5 weeks of different classes and 3 days of strength training a week, I'll have this in the bag.

2011, I shall kick your arse most thoroughly.