• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kyuuei, there's a lot in your post and I haven't been able to read it all but ankle weights was definitely one thing I was thinking about and then when school started everything just went to hell.

My sister in law also promised to take me skiing because I've never been, but I don't know when she'll have time, like, ever.

If things need to get done I get er done. Exercise is not really a need though. It is more of a want (or rather, often something that is forced upon me). And you can't define some vague thing like "for health" as a "need." I mean "running after a bus or else I need to wait a half-hour longer" kind of need. Actually, when I do take buses, there is often a lot of running after them involved. Then again, I don't often take busses.

I also do not like being told what I "need to do" when I am not asking for advice, especially by strangers on the internet. I'm very bad at following advice from even people like doctors (as in rest? Haha, what's that?) anyway and unsolicited advice especially irks me.

Anyways:

4/30sec. planks.

No soda

Fruit smoothie (because fruit is hard to come by and liquid fruit is better than no fruit. Scurvy is high on my list of diseases to not have during college)

Resolved to cut hair (well, if we're talking about losing weight, I think this counts).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Frozen fruit is actually really awesome for you and a good way to get your recommended amount in one go. I do that a lot.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
1 mile - 00:10:13

I felt like going out for a quick run tonight to time my mile. I am in shock. Serious shock. Today wasn’t even a good day for me - I wasn’t properly hydrated and I over-ate by quite a bit. This was a difficult pace for me, but I think I have a sub 10 min mile in me in the very near future. I am absolutely over the moon! When I got home I just sat on the door-step for a good 5 minutes, stunned at what I just did.

I can’t believe I ran a mile in under 11 minutes! Me!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I missed posting my last workout, now I'm posting todays. I'd like to get 3 in a week, but I just haven't been able to. Anyway, been jump rope, doing some footwork, and my breath gives out before my legs do. This is a definite change, and I'm pretty damned spritely going up the stairs.

I need to get some sort of chin up bar so I can start doing those and pull ups, but I'm poor. :( I'll have to find something to improvise.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sunday: 40m arms and shoulders, 20m abs

monday: 1h plyometrics (cardio-mostly jumping), except I seriously could only do about 1/2 the workout this time even though I did it until the end (lots of breaks) and it was the most unpleasant workout I've ever done (including the time I did it before, when I was able to do more of it). Not sure why it got harder, maybe I'm just low on sleep or something. Frustrating.:shrug: Hopefully it'll be better next time.

nothing for tonight (Xmas family stuff). no soccer this week, hoping to get 2-3 (wed-thurs, perhaps friday) workouts in before christmas, and aiming to start back up again right after (not leaving town longer than 24 h or so so it should fit into the routine ok). Taking thurs and Friday off from work if I can, or at least friday, so that should help with fitting the workouts in.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just went out for a run. I was supposed to go on Sunday evening but by the time I'd psyched myself up to go, it was 22:15 and I wouldn't have felt safe running around the neighbourhood :(. Anyway, 7 inches of snow arrived in Dublin today, so today's run was very slow and very difficult (only 2.05 miles in 30 minutes), but I'm mostly ok with that as running any faster would have meant seriously hurting my ankles.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
^ Well hop to it! :tongue: Here's a time you can probably beat easily enough: Today's run was 1 mile, done in 13:32

It's been snowing very heavily here in Ireland over the last few days (déja vu much?), so today's run was a slow slog through 10 inches of the stuff. I still enjoyed it though :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my bodyweight workout. The usual sounded boring, so I focused on very rapidly alternating between squats and pushups. I'm not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow. :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yesterday: 45m chest and back, 15m abs

That's probably the last until boxing day or later. but maybe I can squeeze one more in...I'll need it to work off all of the food coming up!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Running through snow?! @_@ Jeeze, just ask me to cut off my pinky finger or something easy like that.. It's about 60 degrees here!! :laugh: But 13:32 isn't bad at all for slogging through snow!

I ran 1.5 yesterday but I did not time it. When I go jogging next, I will time myself and find out how bad I've become about running. :doh:

For now, the only thing I'm working out is my hips to some dancing and my jaw to some christmas dinners :3 I'll report back what I actually accomplished during the festivities!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been slacking for over a week. Really need to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
As a plus, I got the Zumba videogame and a handful of workout clothes for Christmas :). I won't be able to use the 'i have to do laundry' excuse, which I'm ecstatic about.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Oh but that excuse is SUCH a good one! :laugh:

Yeah, I stretched a bit, but not the way I said I was going to... The holidays just make me lose track too much ;) I'll get super official after christmas celebrations today.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I am so disappointed. It's been raining for the last few hours here, which has turned all the snow into ice. I went out for a run but when I was slipping and sliding all over the place just walking, I abandoned it as it's simply too dangerous.

Now I am sad :(

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :( Have you thought of using work out DVDs to stay in the house until the weather quits acting like a jerk? I know it's not the same as running, but it'll help maybe. I know you can watch a bunch for free on youtube.

As for me. I made my official decree in my blog, I'll summarize here.
- Endurance training 3 days a week - Running 2 days and jumping/sprinting 1 day
- Strength training 3 days a week - Weight training, floor training, and seldom used muscles
- Flexibility training 3 days a week - Deep stretching and basic contortioning conditioning everyday
- 10 minutes of stretching everyday at least, and 2 days a week playing Wii with my baby sister and 2 days a week training my mother's body.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I might do that, but to be honest I'd prefer running around a field lots of times to working out with a dvd :tongue:. Which, coincidentally, is what I'll be doing this morning!