• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Face.. Palm

------
I've been slacking on exercise since Wednesday. Yesterday I was enjoying normal clothing too much to change into sweats. Today, Harry Potter is deterring me. At least there is tomorrow morning and a fun-filled week ahead!
It's also a strange thing when you feel about your body and have this 'there was more of me here before' revelation. It also makes me realize how much I feel myself up all ovah the place in general, which is a bit odd to take note of!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
started to do that p90x crap with the bf. Not sure what my goal is, but losing a bit of fat or gaining a bit of muscle would both be nice. I don't want to do it every day, that's just crazy. Maybe every other day so 3-4 times a week. I'm mostly just doing it because I can use him as motivation. He's been doing it for a few weeks now, about 5 times a week.

We did chest and back Sunday (i.e. millions of different pushups and "chinups" - with leg support because my arms are just strong enough to lift food to my mouth ).
Legs and back yesterday, except I didn't do any of the back stuff (chinups). Not inclined to with the massive soreness, plus I think it's excessive to do the same thing two days in a row. Less sore today. I think we're doing another one tonight but not tomorrow since we have soccer.

I don't know if I'll stick with it but I could use a little more fitness. More cardio than muscles but I'm pathetically weak too, so anything helps.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: Circuit Training/Jogging, Folk Dance, Strength Training, Stairmaster, Zumba, Pilates

My ISTP convinced me to try the stairmaster briefly, which I was/am hesitant about due to my knees. It made them feel somewhat better, but I'm still iffy about it.
Otherwise, my body hurts :yes:

I'm sure ye've thought of this, but - elliptical machine?

Me: Working out every other day, seeing results in strength, flexibility and aesthetics. Bloody tired but totally worth it.

It looks like a lot of ye all are doing awesome. Good job!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I haven't run in about a week now. The winter weather has unfortunately turned from nice fluffy snow to compacted ice, so it's simply not safe for me to run outside. Even walking down the street has me slipping and sliding all over the place.

Wish I had a treadmill :(

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: --
Monday: --
Tuesday: Beginner Step & Hatha Yoga

My ISTP was supposed to pick me up for Zumba on Sunday, but she waited under two minutes before driving off. I don't like to Zumba angry, so I refused to hop in my car after her :laugh:. ENFJ standards maybe.
Step class was pretty decent. I felt sick about 40 minutes in and tried to work through it, but couldnt. It felt like I was going to vomit or pass out, so I went to sit in the locker room for 15 until Yoga. The yoga was very good.

Looking forward to my busy day tomorrow.
I'm sure ye've thought of this, but - elliptical machine?
Mm true. I rarely use the machines is the thing. I do like stationary bike and elliptical when I don't have classes to take though :yes:. Both are fairly pleasant on the knees.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout last night it's been a while since my last one. What happened is that one night I wanted to get moving and was feeling good, so I decided to start throwing full power side kicks. It's been the first time that I've felt comfortable with that for a while, and then managed to kill my back. My muscles should be able to handle it, I'm guessing it was nerve pain. Anyway, it's nice to know my limits... so I can subsequently ignore them on a regular basis as I have always done.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my exercise program today even though I didn't feel like it.
I made myself do it.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Folk Dance, Strength Training, Elliptical [5min], Zumba, Pilates.
Thursday: --

I'm going to check if there are treadmills near the 'Stretch Center' in my gym. I want a quick muscle warmer-upper before stretching them out.

I've also been feeling like vomiting lately and I'd say my vitamins are the source. While taking adult gummy vitamins, I started taking my Vitamin E about a week ago. Gummy vitamins ran out, so I switched to One-A-Day Women's three days. I'm thinking that going from a vitamin without iron to one that has it makes my tummy angry with rage :yes:. I've also read it's best to take them at night in this case.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I got a nice little Sunday job as an organist in a church 4.5 miles away. This means I'll be cycling 9 miles round trip on Sundays from now on. May not seem like much, but considering this route goes through 2 MASSIVE junctions in an industrial estate, and I get scared cycling on roads because of trucks, this is a big big deal for me.

In other news, the ice is almost all gone again. I reckon the paths should be safe enough to run on in a day or 2. I'm so looking forward to getting to run again!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, thank you guys for keeping this thread going. Every time I look at it I'm reminded about how much of a slacker I'm being... which is a good thing.

Anyway, I did most of the Kenpo X routine from the P90x before my body said no more. I'm slowly getting back into it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did my bodyweight workout yesterday. I've haven't changed the routine in a while, and it's been working fine for me.. but thinking about pushing a little further next time. We'll see.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This week I've done (from p90x - and by "done" I mean do it until I can't anymore, which is like...half of most of the exercises, sometimes less or more. But I guess the theory is I'll be improving anyway...):

-arms and back
-legs and back (minus the back)
-arms and shoulders (before soccer - I was worried about being tired but was actually super energetic after)
-plyometrics (i.e. legs and cardio) - I wanted to kill myself. yikes.

It didn't work out to every other day (2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 1off) mostly due to things that came up, but I guess it worked overall. Maybe I'll just keep aiming to do it 3-4 days, any day of the week. Every other day is too hard to schedule unless I do it before work which isn't a good option for everyone else in the house.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going to start working out...once finals are over. When I'm stressed and work out, I don't stop working out, and then I just don't study because I'm too busy working out. It's weird.

I think I'm going to do a combination of P90x, running at least 5k, zumba classes, body pump, free weights, and my custom made and personal ab training. (Not all at once, I'll have to switch it up so I don't get bored, which is very easy for me to do).

My goal is to look like I did back in 11th grade (body-wise). I might've been borderline starving myself due to me having to make lightweight classes, but I had such a toned body. I'll probably focus my diet a little more on limiting myself anything terrible for me to once a week after all of those feasty holidays are over. I want to weigh 135 again, as I weigh about 155 lbs now. No one believes I weigh that much, I'm just a naturally dense person. :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
First proper run in 2 weeks! I felt like running away from my exams… so I did :p I’m really really happy with todays run, as I PR’d my mile at 11.50. I did slow down a fair bit for the rest because I was a bit tired at that point and had the hilly section left to do, but I’m still happy with my overall time (2.2 miles in 28 minutes). That’s Week 8 Day 2 of c25k done. I’ll be doing a 5k on New Years Day so I’m hoping I’ll be finished c25k by then and will have ran an actual 3.1 miles a few times beforehand…

Also, I joined dailymile this evening. If any of ye are on it, Add me! :)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba & Zumba Round 2
Sunday: Zumba Master Class

:yes: So much Zumba makes Unkind a happy camper.
My calves disagree :laugh:
Wow, thank you guys for keeping this thread going. Every time I look at it I'm reminded about how much of a slacker I'm being... which is a good thing.

Anyway, I did most of the Kenpo X routine from the P90x before my body said no more. I'm slowly getting back into it.
I'm always glad for this thread, especially when I don't feel like updating my Sparkpeople immediately. :yes:
Glad you're getting back in the swing of things too! Do it to it!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
saturday: nothing

last night: arms and back. started writing down the numbers for the first time. numbers are depressingly pathetic, hahaha. I guess there's the hope of getting better....

tonight: cardio. woot woot /heavy sarcasm. :sick:

tomorrow: maybe, volleyball and nothing else. :happy2:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Official Decree!!

I have a few big goals for the new year, but two of them are at the top of the list that pertain to this thread~!!

1. I want to cosplay as Lara Croft. I did it once, long ago, and I really enjoyed it.. this year, I wanna do it a bit more seriously.
2. I want to train my body for contortioning.
3. I want to learn to dance. I keep saying that, but I mean it! I want to learn different dance styles. So!!

My grand master plan to create this!!
1. Alternate endurance training with lots of lifting for that muscular look. Cut out a lot of the fattier foods to and up a bit of the protein.
2. Spend as much time stretching as I do working out with different techniques obtained from my giant brain I keep in my office also called the Internet.
3. My first option for three is to find out how much it'd cost to join the YMCA, which would also help with 1. My second option is again rely on my brain to obtain the secrets to the dancings.

My rewards for myself set up:
1. I get to cosplay as lara croft! Hello! Cool, custom outfit is enough of a reward for that.
2. On top of having cool tricks and skills for the other two, I will officially buy myself a bow.
3. The rewards of dancing not being enough for my greedy behind.. My reward will be buying 10 comic books that I've been coveting for a while, as well as something signed by Michael Turner, my favorite artist.

My official plan starts after finals. I'll post my leg workout, arm workout, back and core workout, as well as my stretching routine and dancing routine, and milestone markers as soon as finals end.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Excellent goals. Setting something definite like the Laura Croft cosplay thing can be a great motivator! Be sure to keep that image in your mind when you feel like cheating!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Finally finished with week 8 of c25k this evening. It was a fairly mediocre run - my lower back and thighs were aching and my entire body just felt a bit heavy after the over-indulgence in crap food in the last few days (exam time is upon us). Still, I'm pleased I went out as I wasn't particularly bothered after putting up all the Christmas decorations today, and I didn't stop after a mile even though I was pretty tempted to.

Also, big news! I have decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon on the 15th of May. The Hal Higdon novice plan is 12 weeks, so I'll have enough time to build up my current distance to the 10k before starting out on this journey (but I won't register til after Christmas as I need every penny I have at the moment for Christmas presents :tongue:). I am very very excited and nervous about this :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout, pushed it a little further. I can't get past 25 pushups, though, I'm a wimp.

I've been getting compliments at work. :)