• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
So there is a new workout for week 5, it is shoulder, arms and then the Ab ripper x.. I have looked through the video and there are many crucial push ups! :O I will post later to comment on how it went. So far I am already tired just by looking at it :O

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahaha, yeah. Those one armed pushups in particular did me in.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is ginormous, so I don't actually know if there's a contest going on, and I'm not planning on scanning back to see. But, I am going to participate. I just finished a weightloss contest at my work and I'm intending to get to a healthy BMI and I'm not there yet. The weightloss aspect probably has more to do with the diet side for me and not the exercise side.

The contest ended a long time ago, and I've just been too lazy to contact a mod to update the original post. However, there are still people posting their workouts and I'm happy that you are joining. :)

So far my workout plan is the first to really work for me. I just do a bodyweight workout and throw in some excercises and stretches that I did while doing Hapkido. I've had two back surgeries so watching back strain and making sure my core muscles are taken care of is important.

I probably need to take a good look at what specific exercises I'm doing, but probably not right now.

EDIT:

Today I was really not in the mood to workout. So instead of doing nothing, I decided to do stuff that sounded fun/easy. I jumped rope for about 10 minutes, switching from left foot to right to both. I'm getting pretty fast, did 20 pushups, then later 10, 10, 5, 5. 40 situps. The I did some stance stepping patterns that I did back in Hapkido.

I love body weight workouts. Of course, I have lots of body weight so they are perfect for me!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The contest ended a long time ago, and I've just been too lazy to contact a mod to update the original post. However, there are still people posting their workouts and I'm happy that you are joining. :)

I love body weight workouts. Of course, I have lots of body weight so they are perfect for me!

Yeah, they really are the best, I can do my workout without having to leave my house and at any time. Very convenient.

I get a little discouraged when I hear about how many pushups some people can do, those are the hardest for me. But, I tell myself that I just have more to push up. It's taken a lot of work to get to 20 in one shot.

Glad to be here. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get a little discouraged when I hear about how many pushups some people can do, those are the hardest for me. But, I tell myself that I just have more to push up. It's taken a lot of work to get to 20 in one shot.

Pushups are tough for me as well, especially because I have to be careful with my wrists. I tend to use some military pushup handles whenever I can to help with that.

...And don't get me started with Pull-ups. I'm not yet at a point where I can manage one of those without cheating.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, after an exercise free, junk-filled weekend (it was a friend's birthday and I overdid it on the crap), my body was not best pleased to be out running again this evening. I apologised, and promised to nourish it better in the future. It grumbled something about it being about time, and to slow down because I was running too fast.

Tonight was just as (if not a bit more) difficult as Friday's run, and I really do think I'll need to repeat this week before attempting the 20 (yes TWENTY) minute run of Week 5 (scheduled for Tuesday as it currently stands). And that was far too many brackets for one sentence; English-major fail. Time for a shower and bed *yawn*

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
89 push ups, and now I am going to bed... my abs are burning :workout:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Watch youtube videos on how to do all of the exercises, if you can. Especially squats. Improper form during squats can really do some damage, especially as you get into higher weights.

Thanks. I figured out how to do push ups without hurting my wrists. fist-ups. Its brilliant, instead of using my wrists I use my knuckles. :D
And its tougher too, because my left wrist is now totally hurting too much and this way its putting zero pressure on my wrists which is cool and now am doing this standard. And now the pain has gone after doing some back training too. I think I was initially just lithe without muscles building and am trying to proportion everything out now.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fist Push-Ups - As the title might suggest, fist push-ups are done with your knuckles as opposed to the palm of your hand. Physically, these push-ups differ from a basic push-up in that there is less surface area on which to distribute your upper body weight. In other words, the knuckles are smaller than the palms. With less surface area shouldering the weight of your body, the chest, shoulders, and triceps will have their work cut out for them. In general, most people can only do about 75% of the number of fist push-ups as they otherwise might normally achieve through regular push-ups.

I'll vouch for that, managed to do 20 today, and this strengthens my wrists too and that's the aim. did the regular rest and went for a walk.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I played netball for the first time today against another class who had been playing a month. Guess what? we kicked their behinds AGAIN :D ! I am getting really faster at running so I play better :D .. My team, 3.A, has won 3/3 againt 3.F.. Awww. this made my day!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just back from my run for this evening - feeling pretty good :D. That's my 4th week of Couch to 5k done, roll on week 5!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should've worked out yesterday, but I was too busy hanging out in coffeehouses and eating gyros, so it was a necessity today.

I did some rope to warm up and then did my normal stretches. Then I decided that I'm going to learn how to throw a perfect side kick, so I did those in slow motion on each side for about 10 sets, it's more tiring than you'd think. Then I did 5 energetic squats then fell straight down to the floor into 5 pushups and repeated till no longer possible. Then I jumped rope alternating footwork until I couldn't breathe. I'm shaky right now.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I started working out it was part of a weight loss competition for work. I also changed my diet, mostly in portion sizes. I think I'm going to have to eat a bit more for breakfast or add a mini meal into my daily diet. I think the additional muscle is requiring energy, because I'm just hungry all the time, and the weight loss just seems startlingly effortless after I got past a plateau about a month ago.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Pah! Need something useful to do on my rest days from running. Another forum I was on completely slated the 200 sit-ups and 100 push-up plans I was doing as they only target very select muscles, and suggested something more rounded. Any ideas people? I've no gym equipment bar an exercise bike (which I loathe with a fiery passion)... I might start doing the Wii fit on my days off even though it's pretty shit.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you do some searching on "bodyweight workout" it'll turn up tons of stuff to do with no equipment. Some of the routines look gruelling.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I had no idea what that was so I quickly checked the wiki...

Wikipedia said:
Good levels of physical strength, flexibility, and proprioception should be achieved before commencement of plyometric training.

Probably not for me right now :tongue:. I'm thinking of trying a yoga class - it should help prevent injury from running and I'll get stronger and flexible while I'm at it! Only downside is that Dublin is such a rip-off, all my local classes are €20 a pop. Booooooooooo

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: --
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: Circuit Training, Folk Dance, Strength Training, & Zumba
Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Just Dance 2
Sunday: --

I've spent all week putting up Halloween decorations and baking. After tonight (since yesterday and today were 'omnom baked goodies' days), I'll get back to Zumba :).
Wednesday switched from the walk to circuit training/volleyball. I approve. I'm also happy that I'll be getting to the gym earlier to strength train. :D

I've had a bit of 'inch' losses recently, but not scale losses. I'll take what I can get, especially during this part of the month.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Need to workout tonight, posting this to shame myself into it... :)

EDIT: Did it, no shame for me. Up to 25 pushups and am at 50 situps.