• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay guys, I have a question.

Soooooo I was on a good way, I was losing weight and everything. Then my in-laws came and we had a big meal. After that, it seemed like my whole metabolism or hormone count went crazy, because I'm gaining weight rapidly....And that can't happen after one bad meal. :shrug:

Now I'm back on track, eating like I did before, but still gaining weight even though I'm exercising. What is wrong?

(Please note: my measurements, if anything, are getting smaller, not larger).

Is this muscle mass or what????

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You speak of your reason to be healthy as if it's a given that you must be, you just need a reason why. The assumption is that the reason would be to live longer, to live healthier, but you could make yourself suffer only to be hit by a bus and die tomorrow.

I don't have to be healthy, but at my core I want to be. There's just useless surface debris that I have to deal with first.

However, I refuse to continue living my life in diminishment because I *may* die tomorrow. Overcoming old, bad habits doesn't occur overnight, but they do relent if you persist. However, this is my attitude and belief, and I will not debate you on whether YOU should have it. That choice is yours.

Okay guys, I have a question.

Soooooo I was on a good way, I was losing weight and everything. Then my in-laws came and we had a big meal. After that, it seemed like my whole metabolism or hormone count went crazy, because I'm gaining weight rapidly....And that can't happen after one bad meal. :shrug:

Now I'm back on track, eating like I did before, but still gaining weight even though I'm exercising. What is wrong?

(Please note: my measurements, if anything, are getting smaller, not larger).

Is this muscle mass or what????

I wouldn't worry about weight as long as your measurements continue in the right direction.

Hap made a good point about the weight of food - don't be surprised to see variances as high as 5 pounds (or more in some cases!). What you eat also dictates how much water you retain. Plus, you can gain as much as a pound or two a month of muscle mass if you are really lifting weights.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heartburn woke me up at five AM.

My stomach is retarded.

Perhaps this is what I don't like about all this: that we go by the assumption that I am bad and I have no idea what's good for me, and that that needs to change. I must work from the inherent assumption that something is wrong with me. I don't like that -- and I think that's probably even damaging.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps this is what I don't like about all this: that we go by the assumption that I am bad and I have no idea what's good for me, and that that needs to change. I must work from the inherent assumption that something is wrong with me. I don't like that -- and I think that's probably even damaging.

I agree that you shouldn't take the viewpoint that there is something "wrong" with you, as that is damaging. I know I never said that.

However, you yourself have said that your nutritional needs are different because of the way your body processes food. That's a pretty lucent insight. What you do with that insight is up to you.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I agree that you shouldn't take the viewpoint that there is something "wrong" with you, as that is damaging. I know I never said that.

However, you yourself have said that your nutritional needs are different because of the way your body processes food. That's a pretty lucent insight. What you do with that insight is up to you.

I had some neapolitan pizza last night and it made me really sick, but when I have pizza hut it doesn't. Maybe I can't process unprocessed foods.

I don't understand why it's automatically assumed that eating "whole" foods will make you feel good, and if only foods I can find in normal, non-specialty, non organic stores doesn't make me sick I still have to eat "whole" foods that make me feel sick.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm down another belt buckle size. The clothes that fit me at 297 are beginning to look baggy and sloppy, so I'll be hitting the local outlet mall this weekend to do a minor refresh.

I don't understand why it's automatically assumed that eating "whole" foods will make you feel good, and if only foods I can find in normal, non-specialty, non organic stores doesn't make me sick I still have to eat "whole" foods that make me feel sick.

Whole foods are considered healthy because they maintain the fiber and nutrient content that gets removed in processed foods.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Urgh

Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday: Zumba
Monday: --

Being busy is kicking my ass royally :eek:uch:.
I'm glad that I have 2-3 definite Zumba days, where another person is involved. Social things are difficult for me to say no to, so it works out lol.
I am anxiously awaiting getting two of my teeth pulled on Thursday. Fixing any issues and bettering my health all around has become super important. :yes:

Speaking of that, time for passing out. My beauty sleep awaits :bats eyelashes:. Or some nonsense :tongue:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Way to go, Udog! That is awesome!

Oh, man, I do not envy you the tooth pulling, Unkindloving, but I will send good thoughts and Zumba mojo. :p

I'm really digging the yoga, I think. The way things are now, I can do at least one and sometimes two regular instructor-led yoga classes a week, and supplement it with the cardio and Zumba and yoga videos the other days. I am liking this. My legs are already looking more toned from the standing poses, and I can tell my upper body is going to gain a lot of strength, which I really, really need. Also, ABS.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Urgh

Thursday: --
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday: Zumba
Monday: --

Being busy is kicking my ass royally :eek:uch:.
I'm glad that I have 2-3 definite Zumba days, where another person is involved. Social things are difficult for me to say no to, so it works out lol.
I am anxiously awaiting getting two of my teeth pulled on Thursday. Fixing any issues and bettering my health all around has become super important. :yes:

Speaking of that, time for passing out. My beauty sleep awaits :bats eyelashes:. Or some nonsense :tongue:

Good luck with the dentist's appointment. The trick is simply to have them drug you up real good.

And great job focusing on bettering your health. :worthy:

Way to go, Udog! That is awesome!

Oh, man, I do not envy you the tooth pulling, Unkindloving, but I will send good thoughts and Zumba mojo. :p

I'm really digging the yoga, I think. The way things are now, I can do at least one and sometimes two regular instructor-led yoga classes a week, and supplement it with the cardio and Zumba and yoga videos the other days. I am liking this. My legs are already looking more toned from the standing poses, and I can tell my upper body is going to gain a lot of strength, which I really, really need. Also, ABS.

ABS? Anti-lock Braking System? Man, if you had that, you would be UNSTOPPABLE! Or rather, your stops would be safe from excessive skidding.

(That was terrible, I know.)

I'm really glad that you found an exercise routine that you enjoy, and even happier that you are getting results. Good luck in your mighty quest for the ellusive six pack!

G

Glycerine

I'm down another belt buckle size. The clothes that fit me at 297 are beginning to look baggy and sloppy, so I'll be hitting the local outlet mall this weekend to do a minor refresh.
Way to go dude.

Unkind, don't they drug you up for that? I had multiple teeth taken out before (maybe 5-6 or more.... I don't remember). It wasn't too bad but then again I got $10 from the tooth fairy.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Totally meant to say- Awesooome! :hug:

Aw thanks :). I don't mind the prospect of tooth-rippage, especially if it stops the little pulsing pains that have gotten worse over the past few weeks. I actually like dental procedures, which is a bit strange to say. They feel so odd :shock:

Good luck with the dentist's appointment. The trick is simply to have them drug you up real good.

And great job focusing on bettering your health. :worthy:
:cheese: Thanks mister. Anything is better than little angry aches whenever I omnom.
Unkind, don't they drug you up for that? I had multiple teeth taken out before (maybe 5-6 or more.... I don't remember). It wasn't too bad but then again I got $10 from the tooth fairy.
I think I get a nice local ana..anasthe.. anesthetic :laugh:. I'm just happy that I have dental insurance again. Whoo!

D

Dali

24/5/2010:
Regardless of my external physical condition (semi-fat to skinny to average.... it changes, of it's own accord, every year or two), I've ALWAYS been extremely limber and agile. It sank in, 1.5 years ago, after I just about died from exertion trying to scale a wall, that I was now officially physically unfit.

24yo, 6'4", and 86kgs (190 Ibs?) of lanky, skinny-fat bookworm. EDIT: Also, 25% body-fat percentage.

That is going to change (Insha'Allah).

Tomorrow, I begin my physical transformation.

I'll post before and after pics once the after occurs.

SPARTAAA!

Went for a routine medical test last week. 75kgs/165 Ibs, 11.4% body-fat percentage. Feeling much stronger and much fitter than I ever have in my life. I'm only 24 but, before, I'd get winded walking 80 metres. Now, I astound myself with what my body can (relatively) effortlessly achieve.

Kudos to all the people on this thread that are also making positive lifestyle changes. And to those that are considering it, I feel I ought to mention that your quality of life improves dramatically once your physical fitness does. Trust me. It's not just pseudo-motivational talk. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
24/5/2010:

Went for a routine medical test last week. 75kgs/165 Ibs, 11.4% body-fat percentage. Feeling much stronger and much fitter than I ever have in my life. I'm only 24 but, before, I'd get winded walking 80 metres. Now, I astound myself with what my body can (relatively) effortlessly achieve.

Kudos to all the people on this thread that are also making positive lifestyle changes. And to those that are considering it, I feel I ought to mention that your quality of life improves dramatically once your physical fitness does. Trust me. It's not just pseudo-motivational talk. :)

Thank you, and kudos to yourself as well.

If I may ask, what was YOUR motivation to start? What motivates you to keep up the good fight?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So I spend months and months and months (nearly a year now) getting my endurance up.

14 days later, it's completely gone.

There is no point to this. It's like trying to build an ice sculpture in the friggin Sahara.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no point to this. It's like trying to build an ice sculpture in the friggin Sahara.

The problem is that you insist in building your ice sculpture in the middle of the Sahara.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The problem is that you insist in building your ice sculpture in the middle of the Sahara.

So I'm trying to build an ice sculpture in the middle of the friggin sahara when I don't have a bus or camel to get out and I don't even like to build ice sculptures.

I'm not even "inactive" -- I walk everywhere and everywhere is not just to the fridge, and I'm still winded when I stand up. Usually this would be a sign that I'm sick but I don't think so anymore. I'm just that unhealthy.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I'm trying to build an ice sculpture in the middle of the friggin sahara when I don't have a bus or camel to get out and I don't even like to build ice sculptures.

Of all the things you can build in a desert, it amuses me that you insist on making ice sculptures. That was my point.

Also, are you drinking enough? Sounds like you might be getting dehydrated again.