• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My time just freed up a lot. I should be able to get into more exersise now if I can just motivate myself.

I think I should start trying presses, I've actually never done those. I don't have any weight equpiment, though. I have doubts I'll be getting any. I wonder what objects would make a decent subsitite to do a military press. :thinking:

And I bought one of those pull-up things, but there were no suitable spots for it in the house. :(
Back when I lived with my parents, there was a bar that was just fastened right into the door area of one of the halls, and I'd use that. I've haven't gotten to do pull-ups since I left that place, and I'm sure that my lats have waned away. It's very frustrating.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
PT has been gradually getting harder. It's now far along enough to betray how out of shape I am. :D This pleases me, though. It's good to be able to challenge myself again, and will likely encourage me to get back into it again.

I'll be getting my discharge routines in the next couple of weeks as well. My hips haven't clicked in over a month. ...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Yay! :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Puppy, to be specific, what sort of therapy did you have to do to get your hips to stop clicking? Mine do it really bad..and they've started to ache with more frequency over the last few months.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Puppy, to be specific, what sort of therapy did you have to do to get your hips to stop clicking? Mine do it really bad..and they've started to ache with more frequency over the last few months.

Well, it was my knee rather than my hips that caused me to go to therapy. It just turns out that the lack of mobility in my hips was what was causing my knee problems. :doh:

Early on, they did a bunch of deep tissue massages to loosen my hip joint, as well as exercises where they locked me into certain positions and had me push against the position with all my might. (The idea being to help loosen the muscles which were obscenely tight.)

My main issue is one of flexibility and strength in some lesser used muscles. If physical therapy and massage isn't an option for you, warm up, and do lots of stretching, especially in your core. My stretches are things like hamstrings, bending over sumo stretches, side lunge type stretches, and lower back stretches.

When I get my discharge papers, I'll list the exercises for you, as I don't know their names. Stretching was never my strong suit!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll forgive you... Begrudgingly. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it swollen? Does it hurt?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it was me, I probably wouldn't ice it, but you can if you want. However I'm not sure what the cause of your swelling is, so it's hard for me to really offer any advice. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse instead of better, have someone look at it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If it was me, I probably wouldn't ice it, but you can if you want. However I'm not sure what the cause of your swelling is, so it's hard for me to really offer any advice. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse instead of better, have someone look at it.

I dunno, it's been hurting since about Monday. Yesterday it hurt more, but today I just noticed it was swollen, so I guess it could have been before.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Isn't diet an important part of a healthy life, too?

27768436424514761605264.jpg

Okay, okay, there's some chocolate and marshmallows in a corner. So sue me.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Here is an article on why women should lift heavy for body composition goals. Really? The Claim: For Better Muscle Tone, Go Lighter and Repeat 

My training has been off and on recently. Need a new program and some new goals I think...

I always felt it to be the case.. I had no back-up data to support my claim, but it just seemed like hundreds of reps of light weights was not only tedious and boring, but I never felt stronger.. Good to know that my recent efforts at the gym are not going to make me even bigger than I already am. :laugh:

Speaking of better diets.. today we made turkey burgers with green chilies, but here's an easy recipe for sweet potato fries that literally taste like regular french fries.

1 or 2 sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into french fry strips
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
chili powder, salt, pepper to taste

Bake in the oven 30-35 minutes, stirring them around every 10 minutes while cooking. Coat with lime juice after cooking, and put a bit more salt on top :D and it rocks!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished physical therapy. :yay: So it will soon be time to restart my own program, with the PT guidelines for increasing my exercises intact.

Kyuuei, I'll get the stretching list to you... eventually. :laugh: