• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More like the world's biggest drain on government resources... :doh:

She has to eat 12,000 calories a day to meet her goal of 1,000 pounds in 2 years. I don't even know if I could eat 12,000 calories in a day if I tried.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
She has to eat 12,000 calories a day to meet her goal of 1,000 pounds in 2 years. I don't even know if I could eat 12,000 calories in a day if I tried.

I predict that she has major medical problems, within the next 24 months... :rolli:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Haven't updated in awhile:

Continuing my 6 days/wk workout routine, with cardio every day and anaerobic conditioning every other.

Can max bench 230lbs now, with 5 sets x 15 reps at 135lbs to further tone and condition muscle stamina. Move to various bicep / triceps curl activities, like hammer press / bicep curl - 4 sets x 15 reps at varying weights to sculpt and peak bicep and triceps.

Run 3 miles/day with 10 minutes of vigorous rowing machine accompaniment

Almost in best shape of life. Competing in a 10k in June; half-marathon at the end of summer.

Good luck everyone!

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Haven't updated in awhile:

Continuing my 6 days/wk workout routine, with cardio every day and anaerobic conditioning every other.

Can max bench 230lbs now, with 5 sets x 15 reps at 135lbs to further tone and condition muscle stamina. Move to various bicep / triceps curl activities, like hammer press / bicep curl - 4 sets x 15 reps at varying weights to sculpt and peak bicep and triceps.

Run 3 miles/day with 10 minutes of vigorous rowing machine accompaniment

Almost in best shape of life. Competing in a 10k in June; half-marathon at the end of summer.

Good luck everyone!

What a sissy! :D

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
If you do legs right, you can get away with doing them every 5-7 days. If you are sticking to an every other day schedule. You may be doing too much, unless you are using proper supplementation.

How long have you been lifting weights? How old are you?

Need more info.

Sorry for the late response.

I'm 21, and have only been lifting for about 2 weeks now. I've lifted before when I was 17, but I think I did it really wrong.

The schedule I'm doing is every other day, which is what I've always heard you're supposed to do, but I really have no idea.

Would it be a good idea to do upper-upper-lower-upper... instead of upper-lower-upper-lower...?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry for the late response.

I'm 21, and have only been lifting for about 2 weeks now. I've lifted before when I was 17, but I think I did it really wrong.

The schedule I'm doing is every other day, which is what I've always heard you're supposed to do, but I really have no idea.

Would it be a good idea to do upper-upper-lower-upper... instead of upper-lower-upper-lower...?

You'll need to do some experimenting, everyone is different.

Typically, the way I used to split body parts when I first started was:

Day1: Chest/arms(bi's and tri's)

Day2: Rest, with 30 min. of cardio

Day3: Legs (quads, hamstrings, calves)

Day4: Rest, with light cardio/walking, to help get rid of the lactic acid in my legs.

Day5: Back/shoulders

Day6: Rest

Day7: Depending on how I felt, start over with Chest/arms, or take another rest day with some cardio.

-------
You can't go wrong with taking an extra day off if you aren't feeling especially motivated, your body needs time to heal and grow. But the next day you need to start back.

If you keep the schedule you will be noticing good changes. The caveat is, you need to seriously punish your muscles, especially legs to get them to grow. But that doesn't mean working them every day. People get so used to a schedule, they blindly follow it. And don't notice when they stop making gains, or actually lose muscle mass/strength.

Everyone always harps on the activity, but forget that to grow/adapt, you need to give your body time to heal.

But you need to be self aware enough, and motivated enough. To know when to take a break, and when to get moving again.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been kicking ass lately with my spinning bike I have at home, altering speed and resistance to give some spice to it. :D

Since I've stopped being so pedantic with my calorie intake and exercise goals, I find it's a lot more fun and doable. Not to mention that not having to leave the house to workout forces me not to be a lazy ass! :workout:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did a TON more walking on my Disneyworld trip than I normally do, so that definitely helped to burn the extra calories I ate with theme park food. Disney does have more healthy stuff available than they used to, but even the healthy stuff is easy to pig out on when you're on vacation. ;)

The good news is I didn't gain but half a pound, and just a few days back on my personal trainer program and I'm back to losing weight again. As of this morning, I was at 235.6 pounds, which is a loss of 14.4 since the beginning of February.

I definitely lose the most on the overnights after :workout: days, as the metabolism stays high and burns more calories even when I sleep. And I'm doing it all while still eating foods that I love like tacos and hamburgers. Life is good. :cool:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm getting bored with my new routine, again :unsure:

I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks and I don't want to change anything before then but after that I want to find something new. I don't run, I wont run, but I want something that's good for cardio, greeeeeat for toning and focuses on strength. Suggestions?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Swimming!! I love to swim, and you hardly ever notice how tired you get while you're doing it!

Other good cardios: Dancing, boxing it out on a punching bag, aerobics DVDs, and strength training moves that require explosive movements.

As for me... I have a feeling things will settle down soon, and I'll finally be able to be on some sort of good track again. I know I've gain a bit of weight in the absense.

Im thinking about trying to get my mom into a gym. We'll see how that goes. :laugh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:workout::workout::workout:

:workout::workout::workout:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRHHH!

(Howard Dean yell)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did my check-in this morning:

weight 235.4 lbs
body fat 30.8%

"You have lost 14.6 lbs, 2.3% body fat."

Also, it has the part called "Strength Level" which even after reading the description, I still don't understand how it's figured. But when I started this program, it was at 64, and now it's at 77, I think based on the weight workout results I have entered, so I guess the fact that it's going up is a good thing anyway. :cool:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is the contest off? Starting a new one?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my check-in this morning:

weight 235.4 lbs
body fat 30.8%

"You have lost 14.6 lbs, 2.3% body fat."

Also, it has the part called "Strength Level" which even after reading the description, I still don't understand how it's figured. But when I started this program, it was at 64, and now it's at 77, I think based on the weight workout results I have entered, so I guess the fact that it's going up is a good thing anyway. :cool:
Yay! Congratulations on the good work! :)

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Still working hard on my goals. Can see myself leaning down... :)

I'm truly such a dork, it's interesting looking in the mirror and moving and seeing the muscles that are usually hidden under fat. I didn't know some muscles looked like that, or feeling the actual muscle fibers... lol. Anatomy lesson.

By my calculations I've lost over 10% body fat and 23+ lbs in the last year. My trainer rocks! So now the question is, do I have the guts to be super strict to lose 5% more to compete in a body building - bikini competition? (the one where women actually look natural)

Trinity: Have you tried dance classes at your gym for cardio? They seem fun, although I've never done them.

Latest favorite workout songs:
Nine Inch Nails
And Mission Impossible theme song. YEAH! lol

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I feel bad.

I had to run a half a block and up three flights of stairs and my heart wouldn't stop pounding...

I feel really terrible. Really really terrible. I was in Mexico stuffing myself full of cruise food and didn't gain any weight. And then I just spent 4 days with my orchestra on a trip and suddenly gained like, 4 pounds. Really, really, really terrible disgusting this like has undone everything I've worked for all year...