• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

Since you haven't run in a long time (I assume), may I recommend you take your time increasing your jogging intervals? 15-20 minutes is a good ultimate goal, but injuries are very common when you try to push yourself too hard. Jogging can be very hard on the joints.

Oh okay thank you. Yeah I am not going to to even try anytime soon- I am fine increasing little by little.

I wonder if there are easier on the body styles of running? I know a friend of mine said to run on the balls of the foot as that makes it easier on the body and is better for you. I do that but I wonder if there are certain strides that are easier on the body and such too.

I want to do what is best and I don't want any injuries or anything like that.

Don't worry I will take it very easy. The things that I will participate in this year I might just have to do speed walking with jogging peppered in for my personal goal of wanting to make good time.

There are some 5k things going on this summer. I am going to train as best I can for it but I am not going to kill myself for it. Eventually maybe in a year from now I want to do a marathon but I will take a year to train for it at least.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, do I get cake for completing the challenge?

That's an awesome idea! The only problem is, anything over a pound cake is expensive to ship. :(

And yes, I will fulfill my promise to those that made it. I first need to see how many make it, though!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if there are easier on the body styles of running? I know a friend of mine said to run on the balls of the foot as that makes it easier on the body and is better for you. I do that but I wonder if there are certain strides that are easier on the body and such too.

I want to do what is best and I don't want any injuries or anything like that.

Don't worry I will take it very easy. The things that I will participate in this year I might just have to do speed walking with jogging peppered in for my personal goal of wanting to make good time.

Intervals are good for this. 1-2 minute jog, followed by a several minute walk. Maybe 2 jog/8 walk. Do that a couple of times then walk the rest of the time. As that gets easier, increase the jog time and decrease the walk time. Also, mix it up and maybe only do that every other day, and walk the other days.

I'm not sure what the best running technique is. I usually strive for "soft feet" vs clamping my foot on the ground as loudly as possible, but other than that, I can't claim I really aim for grace. :D

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Intervals are good for this. 1-2 minute jog, followed by a several minute walk. Maybe 2 jog/8 walk. Do that a couple of times then walk the rest of the time. As that gets easier, increase the jog time and decrease the walk time. Also, mix it up and maybe only do that every other day, and walk the other days.

I'm not sure what the best running technique is. I usually strive for "soft feet" vs clamping my foot on the ground as loudly as possible, but other than that, I can't claim I really aim for grace. :D

Oh the first paragraph is exactly what I am doing in the last 20- 30 minutes of my treadmill time. That is exactly what I plan to do. I do a 3 min walk in between maybe I should make it longer like you said.

I am going to buy the chariots of fire soundtrack and practice my dramatic crossing the finish line moment. BFF said she will throw water on me as I come to finish line,lol. It is going to be awesome! Oooh - I will have her play the theme song as I come to the finish as well,lol. Oh yeah, I also need to pick out an outfit- perhaps a Hello Kitty t shirt- yes I think that will do it with hot pink running shoes. Oh yeah, this is going to be awesome.

I don't just want to do it I want to do it in style and as dramatic as possible,lol.

YouTube - Chariots Of Fire (Theme Song)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So when is the challenge officially over?

Today! I just have to gather the final results.

Although, Mom, I hope you continue posting. I'll be making sure that you don't slack off! :ninja:

If I do another challenge, I'll likely wait until April and the warmer weather. Part of this is that I need to get my personal act together, which is something I want to focus on this month.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Today! I just have to gather the final results.

Although, Mom, I hope you continue posting. I'll be making sure that you don't slack off! :ninja:

If I do another challenge, I'll likely wait until April and the warmer weather. Part of this is that I need to get my personal act together, which is something I want to focus on this month.
Ok good. :)
I'm glad I'll have someone checking up on me and keeping me honest! :newwink:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm waiting on one last report (PM has already been sent) before posting the final tally.

As an interesting note, we lost 20% of our total participants between the 7-9 week mark. That amounts to about half of the total amount of people that dropped out. The second highest loss time? The 4 week marker, with a 10% dropout rate.

That suggests that the 2 month marker is an important time event. Almost everyone that made it past 9 weeks went on to finish, and some of those that didn't had extenuating circumstances.

Just figured some of you would be interested in that. :)

Ok good. :)
I'm glad I'll have someone checking up on me and keeping me honest! :newwink:

:)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Perhaps when you get the final results Udog, you can get one of the admins to change the thread title.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
This was great for the winter. Even on a bad week I get two exercises in, but this gave me the push to get three workouts. Or else face the wrath of the board. :devil:

Thanks a ton Udog for doing this!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps when you get the final results Udog, you can get one of the admins to change the thread title.

:yes:

This was great for the winter. Even on a bad week I get two exercises in, but this gave me the push to get three workouts. Or else face the wrath of the board. :devil:

Thanks a ton Udog for doing this!

Yeah, it helped me as well. :) It forced me to keep exercise on my mind, which in turn motivated me to at least get in my stretching during days I wouldn't have otherwise done it.

It also helps to remember that to look your best during the summer months, you pretty much have to motivate yourself during the nasty winter months.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TypeC Exercise Challenge: Final Tally

NF based – Speech (beware, emotion content ahead)
6 months ago, around 30 brave and noble TypeC members embarked on a 6 month challenge of health and exercise. While we all have had our ups and downs, 15 have made it through and successfully completed the challenge. Honestly, this thread turned out to be far more interesting and inspiring than I ever could have hoped for. Thank you to everyone for sharing both your triumphs and your challenges – I really had a great time with this.

Speech for the emotionally-adverse Ts
Great job guys! You guys displayed hard work, dedication, and smart decisions over the course of the past 6 months. Impressive. *manly pat on back*

:D

Thank you to everyone that participated. It was fun, and I enjoyed getting to know you guys better though this thread. This forum really does have some wonderful people!

Now, onto the final results:
Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	-
Clonester	3
Domino		-
ergophobe	0
Elaur		0
Fidelia		3
INTJMom		+4
Jeffster	-
kelric		10
Kyuuei		3
ladypinkington	4
Tallulah	6
Trinity		6
Udog		+2
Wolfy		10

Over the course of the next week or two, I’d like to rename this thread to make it a more general exercise progression and reporting thread. I hope everyone continues to play along – I know I will. If I can figure out a way to do another challenge that’s a bit less work on my side (I’m really quite lazy at heart), I’d love to get some sort of summer challenge come April. Feel free to share ideas of what might encourage you to participate.

Now let's go out and get some exercise! :pumpyouup:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't understand the results.
They look like they're in alphabetical order.
Could you put them in numerical order?
Who won?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand the results.
They look like they're in alphabetical order.
Could you put them in numerical order?
Who won?

We are all winners! :cheese:

When I dropped the importance of the cheats (originally, 10 cheats and you were out), I made this more of a "challenge" where the goal was to make it to the end of 6 months. So that's how everyone that made it won. Now that I have the final tally, I can work out some kinks on the kind of neat prize I want to get for those that are interested. Expect a PM sometime in the next week or so.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Woohoo! I'm here, moved and don't have regular internet access so being productive and exercising daily (boxes and stairs are killing me). Next week, back to a regular schedule and posting here daily.

Udog - I enjoyed the two versions of congratulations. :newwink: