• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trained today, I did legs. I have some caffeine and tyrosine I got from the states now. It is cheaper to import supplements than buy them here. I love caffeine tabs and tyrosine, so good for focus. I love it. I love it intensely.

Supplements that help you love them more... Nice!

Oh, I stretched and did my PT-based ab work. Lower back isn't hurting as much as it was last weekend.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did my exercise program today! :)

yay, good job! :)

I didn't, it's my turn to be down with the sickness (wah ah ah ah.)

I managed to take the garbage to the dumpster, that was my exercise for today. Earlier in the week, I actually got a day of the strength workout and cardio days in, though.

Tuesday's prescribed workout: 30 minutes of outdoor running
actual workout: 3 minutes of outdoor running, followed by 5 minutes of walking*

*In this case, walking means staggering around, gasping for breath after the asskicking that 3 minutes of running gave me.

I was running in the snow, though, so that should be worth some extra points. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my exercise program today! :)

Excellent! That's 2 for the week, and that means you have officially completed the challenge. Nice. :hug:

Now, we move on to the next challenge. :)

yay, good job! :)

I didn't, it's my turn to be down with the sickness (wah ah ah ah.)

I managed to take the garbage to the dumpster, that was my exercise for today. Earlier in the week, I actually got a day of the strength workout and cardio days in, though.

Tuesday's prescribed workout: 30 minutes of outdoor running
actual workout: 3 minutes of outdoor running, followed by 5 minutes of walking*

*In this case, walking means staggering around, gasping for breath after the asskicking that 3 minutes of running gave me.

I was running in the snow, though, so that should be worth some extra points. ;)

Jeffster, I hope you are feeling better soon. When it comes to exercising, it sounds like you are pushing yourself, and that is what is important. That is how you make gains.

Also, how often does it snow where you live? That's pretty surprising!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, how often does it snow where you live? That's pretty surprising!

From 1984 to 2008 - like three times
2008 to 2010 - like THREE TIMES

ZOMG CLIMATE CHANGE
freakingout.gif

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesterday and today are checkie-check-checks. I have migrated into the land of crunches (which are working better than I thought they would), arm circles, pushups, and lunges, 30 crunches, 100 arm circles both ways (that sounds really dumb), as many pushups as I can (10, 20) and 16 lunges per leg.

I haven't been really descriptive up to late of my routine. There you go!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my usual PT based stretching and ab work routine.

Yesterday and today are checkie-check-checks. I have migrated into the land of crunches (which are working better than I thought they would), arm circles, pushups, and lunges, 30 crunches, 100 arm circles both ways (that sounds really dumb), as many pushups as I can (10, 20) and 16 lunges per leg.

I haven't been really descriptive up to late of my routine. There you go!

Excellent routine. Those "arm circles" really start to burn, too. You did 100 of those? Impressive!

May I suggest adding body-weight squats when you are ready? They'll be good for working on those glutes and other leg muscles.

YouTube - Body Weight Squat demo | Frisco Boot Camp

Just be sure not to let the knee go past the toes. The balancing is tricky at first, but it's a great exercise!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did my weekly check-in this morning.

Weight loss - this week: 1.6 lbs, 7.6 total for 3 wks
Fat % loss - this week: .4, 1.2 total for 2 wks

It said they were reducing my recommended calorie intake to "speed weight loss." My daily goal is now between 2,420 and 2,520 (down from 2,530 to 2,630.)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Worked out just once this week, and won't have time today, so I'll have to use a cheat.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Did great at the beginning of the week, when I thought I was finally getting over being sick, then I got sick again. So wound up taking a couple more days off to replace exercising with coughing. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can do both (as the cough obviously isn't going anywhere anytime soon :().

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Still going on strong. I've gained about three pounds lately as a result of eating out on holidays and I am really feeling it. However, I'm done teaching as of Friday, so plan to work out a lot more in the coming weeks.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you have a fever or anything, kelric? Get well soon, even if it means taking a bit more time off from your sickness.

And thanks for the update.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was nearly eaten alive by a dog tonight running..

Not really, but I think it really was going to bite me if I hadn't ran away from it like I just stole it's mom's purse. Damn people and leaving unleashed dogs outside.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You should market that workout, Kyuuei. "The Unleashed Dog Workout: If you aren't feeling the burn, it bites!"

Edit: Actually, a better name would be "Dog: Unleashed. If you aren't feeling the burn, it bites!"

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
I trained upper body today. My bench has improved, I got 117 kg which is 1.5 times bodyweight for me. I think it is the first time I have benched 1.5 time bodyweight raw.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Only got two workouts in. Sick/cheat.

We should definitely have some kind of part II thread, even if it isn't a challenge. Keep everyone motivated and posting their goals and progress.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If nothing else, we can try to keep this thread going. Tell your friends that anyone post here now!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Feb 21st to Feb 28th exercised one day and that was the 28th- I was too sick to exercise until yesterday. I did one hour on treadmill and lifted weights 100 times. I am feeling good enough to get back on track.

I was a little worried that getting back on the treadmill would be hard after the break and it felt fine. I am starting to pepper in some running in my treadmill. I can't really run for that long but I figure I'll do what I can and just build up to it. After all when I first got on the treadmill I could only do 15 minutes and now I can do an hour.

My new goal is to be able to run for 15-20 minutes. So far I can only do 1 to 2 minutes at a time. I can at least speed walk for an hour now. My speed has been steadily increasing.
I don't want to increase my time but I do want to increase my speed and speed stamina.

I have been watching a lot of running movies lately- Chariots of Fire and St. Ralph are really inspiring. I would love to one day be able to run like that. I am going to do a marathon someday-
that is a new goal I want to have, I want to run a race. I should research when a next running event will take place and train for it. I need to have a goal and I am very competitive so I should feed that natural tendency in a proactive way.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My new goal is to be able to run for 15-20 minutes. So far I can only do 1 to 2 minutes at a time. I can at least speed walk for an hour now. My speed has been steadily increasing.
I don't want to increase my time but I do want to increase my speed and speed stamina.

I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

Since you haven't run in a long time (I assume), may I recommend you take your time increasing your jogging intervals? 15-20 minutes is a good ultimate goal, but injuries are very common when you try to push yourself too hard. Jogging can be very hard on the joints.