• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Workout 3: Check. Kickboxing. Kicked my ass again...
If the weather continues to cooperate, will get a hike in tomorrow.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PT Exercises - mainly stretching and some light ab work.

I'm working on a new sort of incentive or goal to push myself harder over the course of the next 3 months. I have to admit, I'm ending with a whimper rather than a bang, and I'm not going to let that slide.

I've got my workouts in for the week.

Great! Has the shoulder recovered fully?

I trained three times this week. Thrice.

Thrice? Thrice! Nice, and cool as ice!

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Just saying that word should count as a workout.

Workout 3: Check. Kickboxing. Kicked my ass again...
If the weather continues to cooperate, will get a hike in tomorrow.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

Good luck with the weather! One more workout this week and that'll be 2 successful weeks, so you best not blow it! :devil:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Day 3 proved to be a bit too much for me.. I couldn't quite get through it all tonight. I'm going to re-attempt it tomorrow evening.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 3 proved to be a bit too much for me.. I couldn't quite get through it all tonight. I'm going to re-attempt it tomorrow evening.

Be sure to restart where you left off before you got sick. Perhaps even go back a week to make up for any lost ground.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical therapy exercises completed as soon as I woke up. My lower back has been aching the past few days, and stretching seems to help it a bit.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was tired from all the driving I was forced to do today @-@ 7 1/2 hours is too much!! I'll take the cheat hit and push it aside one more day.. I WILL get around to this, I swear.. ._.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Good luck with the weather! One more workout this week and that'll be 2 successful weeks, so you best not blow it! :devil:

Oh you are good at this, aren't you? Was sore all day today so slept in and was thinking of slacking off. You evil man, I had your voice in my head all day today. No, must NOT spoil my perfect two weeks. So, I didn't and achieved two goals with the same activity (two birds, one loaf). :smile:

It wasn't a typical cardio workout but I'll be spending quite some time on similar activity this week. I move homes in a week so lots of packing and lifting and moving to do:

Today:
Packed for a solid 2 hours. Practically packed the whole kitchen and then moved and stacked about 20 boxes across the place.

So, this week - if I can count packing in, I got 4 workouts, including 2 high impact classes and an upper body workout :yay:

Sweet.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was tired from all the driving I was forced to do today @-@ 7 1/2 hours is too much!! I'll take the cheat hit and push it aside one more day.. I WILL get around to this, I swear.. ._.

You beat me, I only did 5 hours of driving today. :D

(But I still did my strength workout tonight. ;))

This morning was my second weekly check-in on the personal trainer program. If you just look at weight, it wasn't a successful week, as I only lost 0.4 pounds as opposed to 5.6 the week before. BUT, my body fat percentage dropped from 33.1 to 32.3, a drop of .8% in one week! This tells me that the weight lifting is already starting to pay off, as I am starting to shift weight from fat to muscle.

Last 2 strength workouts were 2 sets of 10 reps for everything, I have looked ahead and seen that the next one will be 12, then it will go back to one set of 15 for some reason, then I think two sets of 15? Something like that. I noticed the weight recommendations actually dropped, so apparently the program is listening to my edits. ;)

I also got in a few brisk walks this week, including yesterday in San Antonio when I walked with my mom to the bus stop and several blocks from the theater to the bus station after we saw a play. That was actually my scheduled "off day" so I think I can say I over-achieved. :cool:

wolfy

awsm
I trained this morning, upper body. It turned out three friends were there and I ended up training over two hours. I had a great training session, loved it.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Feb 16th to 20th exercised everyday 1 hour on treadmill and 100 situps and 100 weight lifts.

I am starting to feel sicky- getting a bad cough and what feels like a chest cold but can at least do situps and weights- I am going to take a break from treadmill the next several days.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm still here, chugging along. I'm amazed with the ups and downs in my life over 6 months. I'm definitely back on... I just weighed myself and I really don't have a choice. :tongue:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm... I started working full time today. I'm trying to figure out when I should plan to do my exercises... probably in the evenings.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Still walking - until the end of this week, it won't be a lot more, although I have started to use any time I'm stuck on the phone and some of my breaks to do squats and lunges etc.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm... I started working full time today. I'm trying to figure out when I should plan to do my exercises... probably in the evenings.

Whatever is most convenient - feel free to experiment. Do it at the time you'll most likely be consistent. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still struggling against exhaustion. It's frustrating. :(

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 26, The Final Week, Begins

Hello fellow exercisers!

Our 6 month journey is but 7 days from being completed. Can you believe how quickly the time flew?

I have a question for everyone that is participating: What would you guys like to see become of the thread once this is over? Right now, I'm thinking that we rename it, retool it a bit, and make it into general exercise progress thread where people can continue posting their workouts and ask questions. (Thanks for the idea, Trinity!)

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to chime in!

Here is the report for Week 25's results.
Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	-
Clonester	4
Domino		-
Elaur		0
ergophobe	0
Fidelia		3
INTJMom		+4
Jeffster	-
kelric		10
Kyuuei		4
ladypinkington	4
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		+2
Wolfy		10

Those that need to report:
N/A!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exercise Challenge Round 2: Summer Version

Preferably options that don't involve me recording keeping. :D If someone else is up to the task, I'd be happy to join, though!

How might that work, in your mind?

I might be up for an option that doesn't involve quantifiable goals and cheats, but rather participation in the form of posting at least once a week. Maybe.