• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

wolfy

awsm
I trained my upper body again. It is still pretty hammered from Saturday. I did some leg work too. BTW, it is Monday here.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I trained my upper body again. It is still pretty hammered from Saturday. I did some leg work too. BTW, it is Monday here.

Thanks for the heads up! I think there's only one other member in this that isn't in North America, so it isn't that big of a deal. You generally post after your work outs, anyway.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
After the voice of reason aka Udog talked me down from the ledge (step away from giving up) and snatched away my Ben and Jerry's ---

Recalibrated goals:
4 workouts this week.
2 classes.
2 regular workouts.
Upper body weights.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm off to do my workout. Chest and Back (P90X workout, week 1), then Ab Ripper 200. I'll make a couple of minor adjustments to make sure I take it easy on my knee.

After the voice of reason aka Udog talked me down from the ledge (step away from giving up) and snatched away my Ben and Jerry's ---

Recalibrated goals:
4 workouts this week.
2 classes.
2 regular workouts.
Upper body weights.

I just learned that my voice of reason is, in fact, a subjectively subjective irrational voice of irreason. The internets told me so.

So take that, sucker!!!

Okay, kidding! I'm glad you made the adjustments. It's always good to make challenging goals that are obtainable without killing yourself!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I just learned that my voice of reason is, in fact, a subjectively subjective irrational voice of irreason. The internets told me so.

So take that, sucker!!!

Okay, kidding! I'm glad you made the adjustments. It's always good to make challenging goals that are obtainable without killing yourself!

Feeling sassy, are we? :smile:
Now, sassy, put that 40 down and get back to your P90X workout!

I've never questioned the interwebz - a dense system of toobs. :coffee:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, P90X completed, along with ab ripper 200. It wasn't pretty... but it was just what I needed. It felt good to finally challenge myself with a genuinely difficult workout.

It may have been the exact thing I needed to break the bad holiday habits that I had acquired. We shall see!

It's always good to break your main goal into smaller goals. It's easier on your ego. :)

Agreed. I constantly need to remind myself of this. Both with exercising, and with my life in general.

Feeling sassy, are we? :smile:
Now, sassy, put that 40 down and get back to your P90X workout!

I've never questioned the interwebz - a dense system of toobs. :coffee:

Done!

Sassy? Nah. Much more manly than sassy. Actually, I'm just excited about having a strong finish to this thing. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, wait, you gotta dumb this down for me. You want me to wait til Feb 5th to report for the week or just some time before Feb 5th?

You gotta realize somebody had to tell me today that it was February, I thought it was still January. :blush:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, wait, you gotta dumb this down for me. You want me to wait til Feb 5th to report for the week or just some time before Feb 5th?

You gotta realize somebody had to tell me today that it was February, I thought it was still January. :blush:

Hehehe. You realize I sent out the correction PM (Feb 1st-28th) because I knew YOU would be the person that would spot the error, right? I'd put $10.00 on the fact that none of the Ns would have even noticed if I didn't say anything. :D (Okay, INTJMom would have likely noticed.)

I'm not sure where you got the 5th from. Did I make another typo somewhere? The first required report, for the week of Feb 1st - Feb 7th, is due on Monday, Feb 8th. However, there is a grace period for submitting the report that goes through Wednesday.

Don't worry though, I'm not going to let anyone accidentally slip through the cracks. :) I promise to send out a PM giving everyone a heads up to submit their reports. So as long as you post when you get that PM, you'll be fine.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Im totally going to call last week a cheat. It was lame and pathetic. Tonight is push-ups, sit-ups, and a workout DVD.

In an unrelated note.. I've been having odd, re-occuring headaches lately.. and last night when I was out eating, I had sharp pains in my ear while I was chewing.. only when I closed my jaw while chewing.. odd, ain't it?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In an unrelated note.. I've been having odd, re-occuring headaches lately.. and last night when I was out eating, I had sharp pains in my ear while I was chewing.. only when I closed my jaw while chewing.. odd, ain't it?

OH NO THE ALIENS GOT TO KRYS
freakingout.gif

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im totally going to call last week a cheat. It was lame and pathetic. Tonight is push-ups, sit-ups, and a workout DVD.

You couldn't be lame and pathetic if you tried. Which... actually, if you tried to be lame and pathetic, but failed, I guess that would indeed make you lame and pathetic.

How does that help your headache?

Hmm... that is odd, but I have no clue what it could be. Could it be stress from the semester?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: Thanks Jeff!! And I dunno pups.. I really couldn't say. I was thinking it was eye-strain from studying so much and computer lookings and all that but.. it doesnt explain my head hurting when I woke up today, nor the chewing thing, nor does it explain the sharp pains when I jump.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 23 Begins: The Final Countdown

Good evening participants and welcomed readers,

Welcome to the final month! I'm pretty excited to bring everything I have in order to finish this strong. I hope everyone else feels the same way.

I learned a long time ago that 3 months is a near ideal time frame to make significant and noticeable changes to your body. Do you want to know what's three months from now? May, and all the warm weather it brings. So now is the perfect time to start preparing for summer weather. :) Let's begin, shall we?

As a quick note, I went ahead and put a "-" by a few users that had 10 cheats, but whose goals or reporting didn't really lend themselves to the "cheat" system. This has no affect on the final results.

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	-
Clonester	5
Domino		-
Elaur		0
ergophobe	+1
Fidelia		4
INTJMom		+4
kelric		10
Kyuuei		6
ladypinkington	4
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		0
Wolfy		10
[I]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/I]

People who have not reported. (Failure to report for last week does *not* lead to disqualification. That starts the 8th.)
Jeffster
Jen
poppy

As a final note, if anyone finds the idea of a "Bonus cheat" motivating, let me know. The deal is, if you reach your goals for 2 weeks in a row, you get a bonus cheat. Which means a potential of 2 bonus cheats.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: Thanks Jeff!! And I dunno pups.. I really couldn't say. I was thinking it was eye-strain from studying so much and computer lookings and all that but.. it doesnt explain my head hurting when I woke up today, nor the chewing thing, nor does it explain the sharp pains when I jump.

To be honest, that's above my level of expertise. (If Biaxident or Wolfy have any clue, please feel free to chime in.) On the "not a big deal" side, you might be holding awkward positions for too long while studying. Which may make it a muscular thing. That can lead to the headaches, at the least. Try using better, or at least different, posture while studying. Take 10 minute breaks every hour. Be sure you are stretching your neck before and after working out.

Head + jaw + ear pain doesn't give me warm fuzzies, though. If the above does nothing to help, you wouldn't be remiss for going to see a doctor.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
To be honest, that's above my level of expertise. (If Biaxident or Wolfy have any clue, please feel free to chime in.) On the "not a big deal" side, you might be holding awkward positions for too long while studying. Which may make it a muscular thing. That can lead to the headaches, at the least. Try using better, or at least different, posture while studying. Take 10 minute breaks every hour. Be sure you are stretching your neck before and after working out.

Head + jaw + ear pain doesn't give me warm fuzzies, though. If the above does nothing to help, you wouldn't be remiss for going to see a doctor.

Need more info. The most obvious is, like you said, poor posture. Muscular imbalance, one side of the body being markedly stronger than the other can pull things out of alignment, is another. Muscle strain.

Head, jaw, ear pain, could be several things as well. Sinus infection, TMJ...when was the last time you cleaned the wax out of your ears?

To get more specific, or for more ideas. You'll need to ask some of the medically more up-to-date people around here, like Short and Sweet...

I'm old, and out of practice. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my routine today... new video - with a resistance band.
The band hurts my hand when I pull it... the latex pulls the skin between the thumb and forefinger and sort of pinches it. It doesn't seem to bother the instructor.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*goes off to exercise righttttttttttttttttttttttttt now*

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Still goin'. Didn't work out very hard though. I've been feeling tired and sicky. Just lots of walking.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to physical therapy today. They are slowly but surely making the workout more difficult.

I did my routine today... new video - with a resistance band.
The band hurts my hand when I pull it... the latex pulls the skin between the thumb and forefinger and sort of pinches it. It doesn't seem to bother the instructor.

Do you think that gloves would help?

Congrats on trying the new workout, though. :) Please let us know if you are really sore tomorrow! :D

*goes off to exercise righttttttttttttttttttttttttt now*

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTYp8-O96M"]Van Halen - Riiiiight Now![/YOUTUBE]

Still goin'. Didn't work out very hard though. I've been feeling tired and sicky. Just lots of walking.

Thanks for the update. I hope you can get some quality sleep and feel better soon. :hug: