• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't let anyone ever tell you video games aren't exercise. I just got back from the Gattitown arcade where I played Hyper Bowl, and my forearms are sore, my fingers are numb, I'm still sweating and my heart rate is still accelerated.

Of course I'm also an old fat man so you have to take that into account. :cool:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I imagine a female kickboxer would be pretty gentle indeed. Like being tickled...

/taunt

...with a feather boa? :cheese:

Kickboxing women are plenty gentle...particularly when they're carrying my wimpy ass off the gym floor :wubbie:
You should know better than to taunt kickboxing women in writing. Hell hath no fury...

Oh - are you aiming for 5x this week as well? :)
:yes: Will do 5/week until it's stabilized and then move up to 6. I did 2 gym classes last week. I'll try and do 3 this week because they're a much higher level of cardio activity than I would get on the machines by myself. I haven't lost any more weight since I got back into town and am hoping higher activity and decent eating will help...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've been working out (sorry for missing two reports!) doing a Jackie Warner video (different, but a nice complement to Jillian's 30 Day Shred) and Callanetics as well as lots of walking.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I didn't work out today.. I have a horrid headache, and I have no idea what the source is.. Ate regularly, hydrated, ensured I had enough sodium, didn't intake more caffine than I normally do (two glasses of black tea isn't bad), I'm not sensitive to sugar.. I'm not sure what it could be.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I didn't work out today.. I have a horrid headache, and I have no idea what the source is.. Ate regularly, hydrated, ensured I had enough sodium, didn't intake more caffine than I normally do (two glasses of black tea isn't bad), I'm not sensitive to sugar.. I'm not sure what it could be.

That sucks. :(

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Worked out the other day but didn't report it. Am watching an infomercial for the new Mari Windsor Pilates system. WANT!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my routine for today... thanks to the accountability factor of this thread.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today:
Square21.jpg

Tomorrow shall be a:
CheckMark.jpg

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to physical therapy today.

I've slacked in several key areas, and I'm just sort of opening my eyes to the extent of it. Starting Thursday, I'll start reporting my efforts to get myself back on the diet and exercising track. I need a new routine - one that will be Physical Therapist approved. (aka weak, so as to not stress my knee.)

...with a feather boa? :cheese:

Kickboxing women are plenty gentle...particularly when they're carrying my wimpy ass off the gym floor :wubbie:
You should know better than to taunt kickboxing women in writing. Hell hath no fury...

I can think of worse fates. *taunts women kick boxers a second time*

:yes: Will do 5/week until it's stabilized and then move up to 6. I did 2 gym classes last week. I'll try and do 3 this week because they're a much higher level of cardio activity than I would get on the machines by myself. I haven't lost any more weight since I got back into town and am hoping higher activity and decent eating will help...

6 times! :shock:

You may have slept on it weird. Sorry to hear that. :hug:

Today is an 'account inactive' picture? By saying the account is inactive, are you comparing yourself to the inactive account by using a clever almost meta-reference? What a gloriously layered post!

:D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Here's last week :)

1/11
A salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil + a croissant for breakfast, a small bowl of oatmeal for a snack later. Did about a half hour of walking. Cheesy cauliflower, sweet potato fries, and cornbread for a late lunch. Had a lunch meat sandwich and some animal cookies for dinner.
Eating: ok
Exercise: 30 min

1/12
Coffee and a croissant for breakfast. Had a handful of chex mix later. Got a turkey, bacon, and veggie sandwich with sun chips for lunch. Mac and cheese and pita chips for dinner. Did about 40 minutes of walking and 20 of mixed weights and crunches.
Exercise: 1 hr

1/13
Remaining mac n cheese and pita chips for breakfast. Got a salad with fixins, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar for lunch. Had trail mix and an odwalla for dinner.
Eating: pretty good
Exercise: no

1/14
Fruit, yogurt, and granola with a side of hashbrowns and some coffee for breakfast. Sauteed mushroom panini for lunch. Mash potatoes and succotash for dinner. 1 hr of walking.
Eating: good
Exercise: 1 hr

1/15
Croissant, coffee, and soy milk for breakfast. Veggie burger with a side of onion rings for lunch. Had a turkey pesto panini for dinner.
Exercise: no

1/16
Eggs and some kind of tater tot patty thing for breakfast. Freshly baked sourdough michette roll with a little bit of locally made mozarella for a small lunch. Yerba mate. Salad with the usual fixins and black beans for dinner. Frozen yogurt (sans usual candy toppings)
Exercise: 15 minutes yoga/weights

1/17
Eggs, tater tots, and yogurt for breakfast. A michette roll with mozarella for lunch. Hummus and chips for dinner. 20 minutes weights.
Exercise: 20 min

TOTAL:
Eating: overate the last couple days, otherwise ok. Also, soy milk has become a pretty significant part of my diet (I think that's not necessarily bad though, seeing as I don't really drink regular milk).
Exercise: 3/3

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I did Krav maga practice today, but I slipped on the stairs and hurt my knee today :( so no dancy-hip-hop dvd for mom and me today.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today is an 'account inactive' picture? By saying the account is inactive, are you comparing yourself to the inactive account by using a clever almost meta-reference? What a gloriously layered post!

:D

LOL sorry, I hope you know that was a check. Oops! :doh:

But shhh, lets pretend I was being really clever right then.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today got too hectic to workout.. I'm considering it a cheat. I'm still adjusting to my school's schedule. Tomorrow's a new day though. :) Krav Maga practice and some night time working out with the fam will make up for it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical therapy for my knee today.

I'm about to wonder off and begin the process of figuring out what I'm going to do for the rest of the challenge. This will be a complete rebuild with diet and exercise routine. I'll likely focus on low impact fat loss, as high level resistance training is a bit of a no-no. My goal is to make the numbers on the scale go down.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my two days this week! :)

Rotator cuff feeling better.

I got a call for a job interview!
It's next Friday!
I'm nervous! :p

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Glad to hear it mom!!

Also, went running 2 miles today. :D Feelin' good that even after not running for almost two months I could still make it to the end.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would like to report that I didn't work out this week because I never planned to. Instead I took the kids to a waterpark and got a full body workout. My entire body is feeling it this morning - arms, legs and rear. Why can't all workouts be as fun as chasing my kids around the "lazy river" with an intertube. We had races, I used my legs and kicked around in circles to get our tube to circle, etc and I walked all over the park.

I really need to find fun ways to get exercise in, it's so much better. Laurel said she would start running with me but I'm not sure where to go - I don't want to kill my legs on cement. I really miss running.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Had a really rough week at work with multiple deadlines (worked late into the night most days) and have been sleeping <4/5 hours most nights this week. After reaching zombiedom on Friday, I finally decided to sleep in and get eight hours. Back to human!

Got kickboxing in on Monday (a splendid start) but the week went downhill from there. I will get exercise in today and a class in tomorrow to still meet my 2 classes a week. Will shoot for 5 and continue with that until I've done it for 3-4 weeks in a row before shooting for more. 6/week would be great because it would then be just a part of every day routine which is what I want eventually but I know that's a goal that is still a good distance away. For now, getting back on the wagon, getting more sleep, eating well and often and losing some weight will suffice. :yay: for the hope of bouncing back!