• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What makes you think it's bursitis? Is the doctor an option for you?
My chiropractor is the one who said I had bursitis in my elbow.

Looking at pictures, I don't think it's bursitis in my knee, but it could be bursitis in my shoulder.
Generally speaking, I don't believe in doctors.
Specifically speaking, my doctor never helps me!
I pay him money for nothing!

My chiropractor says the best prescription is ice.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I only have two words to say: Aww & Wee! *dies*

Excellent. *revives Trinity so she can workout and die again*

I really wish you'd let me make that permanent marker moustache first :devil:

Got a short workout in today but did get one in. Yes! Did a dvd from the 7 workouts/7days - the Latin one. It was fun.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Udog, you will be happy to hear, I have been working out recently... :)

Since Christmas actually, so almost for 3 weeks. I weighed in on Wednesday, and had lost 7.5 lbs! So just a bit more to my halfway 10 lb mark, and I can go reward myself with that tattoo. It's a lot of work to make all those healthy meals, but I have some delicious recipes. French toast breakfast, smoothie snack, Tuna sandwich lunch, Butterscotch high-protein pudding snack, and Indian chicken dinner mmm...

Joined a cardio-flex class at school this semester. So I'm required to go to the gym twice a week, but can go anytime I want. Think this will be nice.

Cheers to you all!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
THings have been going swimminingly with working out. Today my mother attempted the 30 day shred DVD :laugh: and I realized how out-of-shape I was from the holidays by doing it with her. I need to do some serious catching up strength-wise!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went for a shorter ~45 minute walk. I'm sort of trying to get my ducks back in a row now that I can't do P90X anymore.

If I hadn't already mentioned it, I'll be using my final cheat this week. So I'm really going to have to bring it to make my own goal. :pumpyouup:

My chiropractor is the one who said I had bursitis in my elbow.

Looking at pictures, I don't think it's bursitis in my knee, but it could be bursitis in my shoulder.
Generally speaking, I don't believe in doctors.
Specifically speaking, my doctor never helps me!
I pay him money for nothing!

My chiropractor says the best prescription is ice.

Sorry to hear that. Ice keeps the swelling down, which likely reduces the pressure of the bursitis. I'd follow his advice - I've got nothing better.

I really wish you'd let me make that permanent marker moustache first :devil:

Got a short workout in today but did get one in. Yes! Did a dvd from the 7 workouts/7days - the Latin one. It was fun.

Oh yes. We need to be sure we keep a tab on Evil Trinity.

Udog, you will be happy to hear, I have been working out recently... :)

Since Christmas actually, so almost for 3 weeks. I weighed in on Wednesday, and had lost 7.5 lbs! So just a bit more to my halfway 10 lb mark, and I can go reward myself with that tattoo. It's a lot of work to make all those healthy meals, but I have some delicious recipes. French toast breakfast, smoothie snack, Tuna sandwich lunch, Butterscotch high-protein pudding snack, and Indian chicken dinner mmm...

Joined a cardio-flex class at school this semester. So I'm required to go to the gym twice a week, but can go anytime I want. Think this will be nice.

Cheers to you all!

:yay: Congrats, nynesneg. You're putting forth the effort, and it's paying off. Also, your meals sound tasty. I actually like the cooking and eating - it's the dish washing (I have no dish washer) that kills me. That extra 15-30 minutes every other day when I'm cooking frequently. UGH!!

When's that contest that you were talking about begin?

THings have been going swimminingly with working out. Today my mother attempted the 30 day shred DVD :laugh: and I realized how out-of-shape I was from the holidays by doing it with her. I need to do some serious catching up strength-wise!

Hehehe. Yes. January is for undoing the mistakes and bad habits caused by late November and December!

This is why I'm waiting until February to kick this thing up a notch and finish strong.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Have to have pictures for my contest by the end of March. So I have about two and a half months left to lose that 12.5 more lbs! My clothes are starting to fit better again, it's a great feeling. :)

Yeah, we should have a clean eating recipe sharing! I'm always looking for new stuff. I wish I had the guts to do the body building contests, but eating broccoli/rice/chicken five times a day sounds discusting. lol... I know what you mean about all the cooking taking lots of time - and I even have a dishwasher. I plan about 30 minutes per day of meals, and try to make 2-3 in advance at once. I do eat better with prepared meals though, even when I'm eating whatever I want, Taco Bell every other day gets old too. ;)

Cheers!

Kyuuei, props to you and your mom for working out! That's pretty funny, I can't imagine my mom trying to get "shredded", or doing strength training.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Got my workout in today - 20 mins on treadmill and 20 mins on elliptical. Good workout! 4/5 done so far. Will get the 5th one in tomorrow.

wolfy

awsm
I trained four times.

Day 1
Bench Press. Worked up to an easy max. 110kg for two.
Close grip bench 90kg 3X3
Shoulder Press 50kg 8reps 3 sets
Chins 8X3

2X400 metre sprints

Day 2

Did various squats for an hour

2X400 metre sprints

Day 3

Speed Bench 70kg 3 reps 8 sets
Floor DB Press 30kg 10X3
Chins 8X3
DB Sh Press 15kg 10X4

2X400 metre sprints

Day 4

Squats 100kg 10 sets of 3-5 reps
Bulgarian Squats 15kg 8X3
Calf raise 20 reps 5 sets

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Walked today. So that's 3x this week, and usage of my last cheat.

I think I made a mistake by not taking a true vacation... I'm having difficulty getting back to my pre-Thanksgiving levels of dedication. Thankfully, I haven't put any new weight on.

Have to have pictures for my contest by the end of March. So I have about two and a half months left to lose that 12.5 more lbs! My clothes are starting to fit better again, it's a great feeling. :)

Awesome! It really is a great feeling. I also like the feeling of having to buy new clothes because my current crop is too big... although I still hate shopping for the new clothes. :D

Yeah, we should have a clean eating recipe sharing! I'm always looking for new stuff. I wish I had the guts to do the body building contests, but eating broccoli/rice/chicken five times a day sounds discusting. lol... I know what you mean about all the cooking taking lots of time - and I even have a dishwasher. I plan about 30 minutes per day of meals, and try to make 2-3 in advance at once. I do eat better with prepared meals though, even when I'm eating whatever I want, Taco Bell every other day gets old too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah - cooking multiple servings is KEY. Also, washing dishes as I cook helps alot. The unexpected problem is that as soon as I get several meals stockpiled and don't need to cook as much, the dishes accumulate. Damnit, Jim!

Got my workout in today - 20 mins on treadmill and 20 mins on elliptical. Good workout! 4/5 done so far. Will get the 5th one in tomorrow.

So far so good. How'd today go? :)

I trained four times.

Excellent! I look forward to the day I can handle those weights. :yes:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yesterday we did two DVDs, and we're doing the same tonight :)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
First cardio since my injury. I was able to run for 20 minutes, then walked for another 25. I was surprised I was able to run at all, figured it would be too hard on the shoulder. But once I got to the gym I just couldn't keep off the treadmill. :cheese:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Got my 5th workout in yesterday (Sunday) - again 20 mins on treadmill and 25 on elliptical. good workout! Glad I met my goals for this week.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Checks for all the days till today. I have started doing some slower exercises (more muscle held in place things).

Yay me!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Day 1 of this week: Kickboxing. My first time with this instructor and she seemed to be running a fun but less challenging class. Okay by me - Mondays are hard for motivation so a gentler start to the week (as gentle as kickboxing can get :newwink:) is just fine by me.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 21 Begins

Welcome to Week 21. That's week 21 out of 26. We are getting close.

Since no one spoke up, I've decided that for the final month everyone must report or face disqualification. I've been pretty lenient, because INFPs are laid-back like that, but I want to end this strong. I'll send out a warning PM to all active members the weekend of the 30/31st.

Q: Udog, what are the reporting dates for the final month?
A: Feb 8, Feb 15, Feb 22, and March 1st

Q: What happens if I report late? Like Feb 9th at 12:01AM, your time?
Then you are disqualified, you ungrateful slacker!! As stated in the OP, I'll accept reports up until Wed. I'll send a PM warning by Tuesday afternoon (my time) requesting a report. Be prepared to be pestered by a P. :D

Q: What if I don't workout that week?
No problem. That's what the 'cheats' are for. Just let us know - I've found everyone participating to be refreshingly supportive and non-judgmental.

If you have any other questions, let me know. :)

Code:
Name		Cheats 
Antimony	10
Clonester	5
Elaur		0
ergophobe	0
Fidelia		4
INTJMom		+4
Jeffster	10
kelric		10
Kyuuei		7
poppy		5
Tallulah	7
Trinity		6
Udog		0
Wolfy		10

[i]* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.[/i]

People that I still need to hear from:
Domino
Jen
ladypinkington
Zarathustra

Have a great week, everyone!

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Checks for all the days till today. I have started doing some slower exercises (more muscle held in place things).

Yay me!

Excellent! I can't wait to see what kind of results you get with that type of workout.

Day 1 of this week: Kickboxing. My first time with this instructor and she seemed to be running a fun but less challenging class. Okay by me - Mondays are hard for motivation so a gentler start to the week (as gentle as kickboxing can get :newwink:) is just fine by me.

I imagine a female kickboxer would be pretty gentle indeed. Like being tickled.

/taunt

Oh - are you aiming for 5x this week as well? :)

wolfy

awsm
Yesterday my friend was in the gym so while chatting I trained for about three hours.

Here is what I did...

Bench: worked up to 117kg max
Close grip Bench: 90-100kg 3x3
1 1/4 Incline DB Press: 25kg 3x10 reps
BB Rows Reverse Grip: 60-80kg 3x10
Pulldowns: 80-100 10 sets of 8-12
DB Lateral Raise: 6-8kg 4x10
DB curls: 10kg 4x10
Rope Pushdown: 40kg 5x15
Leg Raise: 4x20

My arms are cramping a bit today. Nice feeling.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm still plugging along, no changes. Missed a workout one evening a week or two ago when I got called for a blood donation on no notice and wasn't allowed to exercise afterwards, but I'm not counting that as a cheat :).