First 43839192939495103143193 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    (sadly, both of us are likely too lazy to find it)
    Hahaha!

If you try a few gyms, it's likely 1 or 2 will take the forefront.
    Yeah I've looked at three and the Y. The Y is really appealing because of the kid stuff, too, but it doesn't have as big a weight area.

One of the gyms looks pretty good and I only found it because the two others mentioned it! "You probably heard of ___" I think I like that one the best, but it is the farthest.

Argh! Making a decisions as an ENFP isn't easy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Monday: Unplanned break day. Still got 20 minutes on my bike (not going very fast, as bike was dying).
    Tuesday: Break day. (Tired)
    Wednesday: Whipped my ass into getting out of the house: 20 minutes bicycling to/from class again (bike is in death throes, chain fell off gear four times on the way back) and 40 minutes usual evening route. Unexpectedly ate vegetarian, heh, wasn't too unpleasant, maybe try again today? Countered good vegetable eating with a toaster oven smore.

Two break days right at the beginning of the week is putting me perilously close to using more cheats. Will try to jog my entire evening route today (and start doing it earlier- two hour long naps in the middle of the day are the only thing keeping me alive) to see if I can do it (and how long it takes).

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Apparently my body is 40% fat.
    Listen to Udog, those things can be very inprecise. Apparently I'm somewhere in between 16-34.65% fat.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah I've looked at three and the Y. The Y is really appealing because of the kid stuff, too, but it doesn't have as big a weight area.

One of the gyms looks pretty good and I only found it because the two others mentioned it! "You probably heard of ___" I think I like that one the best, but it is the farthest.

First and foremost, pick the one you'll be most likely to go to - not necessarily the 100% best one. I don't care if ___ is the best - if it's too far for you to want to drive to, it won't do you much good.

The Y may not have the best equipment, but if you're more likely to actually use it because of the kid's stations that's a huge argument in its favor. The Y usually has a pool as well, and swimming is the best cardio workout you'll find. (Just make sure you can use it during the hours you'd be there!)

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Listen to Udog, those things can be very inprecise. Apparently I'm somewhere in between 16-34.65% fat.
    I love how some of these things have precision down to the hundreths of a percent, but with a +/- 10% margin of error.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Hahaha!

If I join a gym here, it'll be the Y, because they have a zillion classes (like yoga, pilates, dance cardio, etc), and it's cheaper than the regular gym. But I don't like weight machines much, anyway.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well the classes can cost money at the Y but at the gym they are all included. But they have some free classes, even for the kids.

ARGH!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

What do you like / dislike about each? Do the gyms have a play area and staff for the kids?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Didn't walk to school because of the rain

25 minutes weight training, but I don't know if I can count all of it.

What am I supposed to do when it rains?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What am I supposed to do when it rains?
    Well, you are still exercising at class so not all is lost. If you are so inclined, some sort of afternoon exercise could make up for the missed walk.

If you are not so inclined, missing the occasional walk because of rain isn't going to make a huge difference.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Just got back from CSW. Got to teach a new guy a whole bunch of stuff today which was really fun.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well, you are still exercising at class so not all is lost. If you are so inclined, some sort of afternoon exercise could make up for the missed walk (and possibly more).

If you are not so inclined, missing the occasional walk because of rain isn't going to make a huge difference.
    What I mean is that the low pressure that brings in the rain screws up my sinuses, pulling everything down to my throat. For about the last five minutes I could barely do anything because I couldn't breathe.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge