• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my workout this morning.
I feel good about it, though I'm concerned about some pain in my muscles.
I really need a good deep tissue massage.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did my workout today. It's a Chest, Triceps, and Shoulder routine. I also did Ab Ripper 200. I'll save the in depth description of the workout for next week, when I'm following the routine correctly.

I forgot to mention this here, but I'm down another belt buckle. This makes 3 belt buckles since July, and two since this Challenge began. Last time I was at this belt buckle, I weighed 260-265 pounds. Now, I weigh 280-285 pounds. While 20 pounds of muscle is likely a bit high, I can definitely see the difference in the mirror, both in the decreasing size of my waist as well as the increasing size of my shoulders, arms, and legs.

I did my workout this morning.
I feel good about it, though I'm concerned about some pain in my muscles.
I really need a good deep tissue massage.

Sore pain, or "I just fell off the trampoline without a net" pain?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my workout today. It's a Chest, Triceps, and Shoulder routine. I also did Ab Ripper 200. I'll save the in depth description of the workout for next week, when I'm following the routine correctly.

I forgot to mention this here, but I'm down another belt buckle. This makes 3 belt buckles since July, and two since this Challenge began. Last time I was at this belt buckle, I weighed 260-265 pounds. Now, I weigh 280-285 pounds. While 20 pounds of muscle is likely a bit high, I can definitely see the difference in the mirror, both in the decreasing size of my waist as well as the increasing size of my shoulders, arms, and legs.

Sore pain, or "I just fell off the trampoline without a net" pain?
It's really unusual pain. I can't seem to find it except accidentally. I can't seem to pinpoint it. I can't tell if it's muscles or ligaments. Some times I thinks it's the cartilage between my bones. Sometimes I think it's my bones. It just hurts, and I can't seem to find it by pressing around for it.

It only hurts when I make certain moves.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's really unusual pain. I can't seem to find it except accidentally. I can't seem to pinpoint it. I can't tell if it's muscles or ligaments. Some times I thinks it's the cartilage between my bones. Sometimes I think it's my bones. It just hurts, and I can't seem to find it by pressing around for it.

It only hurts when I make certain moves.

Hmm... sounds like it could the joint. *Maybe*. Do you warm up before and cool down after each of your workouts? It's especially important when it's as cold as it is.

I trained my upper body. Did my usual workout.

How often do you mix up your workout routines?

Have exercised the past two nights, and am about to do so again.

The three-fer? :worthy:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Can I just say everyone is amazing?? I think it's impossible at this point to fall short of my goals when everyone's so awesome!

Things I like about Wii workouts:
- The computer always tells me I'm awesome. :laugh:
- It really stresses the importance of posture and balance. Every exercise you do, your balance and stability is measured. It forces you to engage the muscles a bit more while working out.
- I like hoola-hooping. :)

Today is a bit of a cold day, and I'm recovering a bit from a mild hangover, but I'll still make it out for my run sometime.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Back and Biceps workout done. Tomorrow is a day off, and I'll do my third workout on Saturday.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
UDog... I think it might be in my tendons.

105280.gif

Hugs and kisses to everybody!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I need to find a yoga class but I'm afraid the teachers will hurt me.

Is it really so hard to believe that if someone says they can't do something, they really can't? Is it really? Is everyone that these people meet really so lazy that they can't believe a single person that says they can't for fear that they're a lying lazy fuck?

I know when I can do stuff and I know when I can't. I realized I could touch my toes by looking at them and deciding they were not so far away. I have never hurt myself exercising before, but whenever people tell me to do something I know I can't do I inevitably hurt myself. I know these things because I have to wear my body all day and these trainers don't. How would they know if I can do something or not. They wouldn't. They don't. They can't.

Please don't let them hurt me.

wolfy

awsm
I went to the gym today but when I pulled out my wallet to pay the 170 yen I found only a measly 50 yen coin loitering at the bottom. I ended up running and walking outside with the old people.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I woke up from a two hour nap really sore.

I never knew napping was such vigorous exercise.

Otherwise, nothing today.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just completed my Kenpo X routine. I'm pooped!

I need to find a yoga class but I'm afraid the teachers will hurt me.

Good teachers won't hurt you. They'll push you a bit, but they'll have enough knowledge to recognize what moves are dangerous at what levels. They won't ask a beginner to do an advanced exercise.

I say go for it. Just be sure to talk to the teacher and express your concerns. If you don't like her answers, you don't need to join.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Spent christmas laaaazzzzyyy :D And enjoyed every bit of gaining like the last 3-4 lbs I lost over the holidays ;) Gonna work out as I can the next few days, and make a hard-and-fast goal come new years.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Good teachers won't hurt you. They'll push you a bit, but they'll have enough knowledge to recognize what moves are dangerous at what levels. They won't ask a beginner to do an advanced exercise.

I say go for it. Just be sure to talk to the teacher and express your concerns. If you don't like her answers, you don't need to join.

Are you sure? Apparently my level is very difficult to recognize.

Did the shoulder exercises, a couple yoga poses, and tried some planks.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I worked on my car a bit today (don't worry, I had an ISTP friend with me to ensure I didn't compromise the integrity of the space-time continuum), then went on a 1.5 hour walk. The weather is wonderful, and I figured I would take advantage of the forest trail before it goes to crap again.

So, 4 workouts this week. No cheats needed even with Christmas.

Are you sure? Apparently my level is very difficult to recognize.

Did the shoulder exercises, a couple yoga poses, and tried some planks.

With a good teacher, yes. They'll be accustomed to many levels. More importantly, they'll listen to your needs in ways your gym teacher never did.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
With a good teacher, yes. They'll be accustomed to many levels. More importantly, they'll listen to your needs in ways your gym teacher never did.

You're actually having nice weather? Lucky! We've had snow for the past couple days.

I'm going to a yoga class tomorrow to see if it's worth my money. It's 90 minutes long. I think all I need to remember is that I'm not being graded on my performance.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Hap, the wii fit has yoga on it :D it won't yell at you if you don't do it right, but it will show you proper form.

Which reminds me, I logged in my hour juuust barely today.. I know my lazy days are coming up short quick :(

wolfy

awsm
I trained my whole body today. I don't think I answered the question about how often I change my training. I don't change the overall template much, I change the exercises, sets and reps a lot though.