User Tag List

First 78910111959109 Last

Had some time after work so I did 8 sets of 25 push ups, about 30 pull ups and some crunches.

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm new to this contest bit. Good luck, everyone.

My goals are to be physically capable of:

10 unassisted pullups
    10 plio pushups (I can do the normal variety.)
    Holding a handstand for 10 seconds
    6-minute mile
    Cartwheels (this is more fear than inability, but eh)
    Extended flexibility (in certain areas)
    ...and for my pants to require a belt to hold them up.

(I don't do inches or weight because that is not my focus.)

Per week:

• 3-4 weight lifting sessions
    • 3 heart-pumping activities (FUN ONES)
    • 7 stretching sessions, after working out or waking up if it's a non-workout day.
    • ...Arrr, matey.

P.S. Need to actually eat enough. I eat healthily, but lose appetite when stressed, which then makes me sick. Yay for remembering.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The crunches were not too bad. I think I can make them part of my pre-nap routine. It will be hard on the days when my routine is messed up, like tomorrow, I have to take a kid to an appointment at the time I'd normally be napping. Will need to think of a plan B routine.

Tonight, the normal evening walk won't be a problem, but I will have to plan ahead to make it work tomorrow because I have an evening meeting at the community center. Probably will need to figure out something to throw into the crock pot.

I really hate when my routine is off. I think I'm getting set in my ways.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Awrite, awrite... The Pink did an hour and a half of walking, leg lifts, calf raises, etc plus 6 lb weights for upper body.

Soon, I shall flex and there will be a rip in space-time.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Have you been practicing swimming at all? To me, that is the single most draining cardio I've ever done in my life. Even when I could run 4 miles without really stressing my breathing (sigh, a long time ago), swimming would kill me pretty quickly.

How do you train for the swimming portion of a triathlon?
    Swimming is next on the docket. You're right: it's killer cardio. Plus, it works an array of muscles - much more than does simple jogging.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    I'm new to this contest bit. Good luck, everyone.

P.S. Need to actually eat enough. I eat healthily, but lose appetite when stressed, which then makes me sick. Yay for remembering.
    Welcome! Exercise is often an excellent appetizer moderator. My desire for sweets and excessive foods diminishes, while my basic hunger for something substantial increases. Hopefully you'll experience something similar with a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Tonight, the normal evening walk won't be a problem, but I will have to plan ahead to make it work tomorrow because I have an evening meeting at the community center. Probably will need to figure out something to throw into the crock pot.
    An alternate plan B routine is a good idea. Depending on how your schedule and goals align, you can also focus your days off for the "B" days while integrating exercise as a habit on A days.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Awrite, awrite... The Pink did an hour and a half of walking, leg lifts, calf raises, etc plus 6 lb weights for upper body.

Soon, I shall flex and there will be a rip in space-time.
    Mighty! When I flex the only thing I notice ripping is my pants. I'm a inverse Incredible Hulk. My sleeves and pant legs remain intact while everything in the middle... well, you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Swimming is next on the docket. You're right: it's killer cardio. Plus, it works an array of muscles - much more than does simple jogging.
    Do you have any good suggestions on facilitating access to a pool? My gym, sadly, does not have one, and my apartment complex's pool closes this weekend.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Welcome! Exercise is often an excellent appetizer moderator. My desire for sweets and excessive foods diminishes, while my basic hunger for something substantial increases. Hopefully you'll experience something similar with a bit of time.
    I actually do workout regularly - but only with weight lifting. I just got back into the swing of things and have been on a plateau of sorts. Hopefully I'm still allowed here. I really do need to remember to eat, but the extra activity should spike it, 'tis true.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Sure you're welcome. There are a few veterans playing along. You are in good company.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Exercise:

I'm at home all day today with my son, but I've been trying to stay active all day. I have a very messy house to clean, and i heard that cleaning house can actually burn quite a few calories, so i have cleaned the kitchen so far, and i still have 2 bathrooms, living room, 2 bedrooms and lots of laundry and vacuuming to do! I also took Brady to the park and i chased him around and then carried him back home on my back, so that had to count for some sort of cardio.

When my significant other gets home I'm going to go to the park and walk/run a mile or so and then do some work on my arms with some 5lb barbells. (i'm weak) Maybe some Wii Fit Later tonight.

FOOD:
    I'm trying to get my metabolism to work better for me, so i'm trying to eat small meals at regular intervals. I'm doing pretty well with that, and i'm not particularly hungry right now, so that's good. I've maybe been eating tooo many carbs though.
    I've had roughly 750 calories so far today. I'm trying to stay between 1500 and 1800.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Level 2: Complete.

I lent Pinky my t-shirt and she inhaled so mighty that it tore it clean off of her. It was my favorite shirt. I think Pink should be voted off the island. It's not fair if you already start out a beast.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge