• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally got back into it today but hurt my back last week so it was pretty touchy and I'm a tad concerned about how my boxing class will go tomorrow =/

Glad to see you back! Oh... wait... sorry.

Good luck tomorrow. Just be sure to warm up really good and take it easy.

Any exercises you know I can do without putting my whole body weight on it?

Not really. :(

Push-up position (plank) can be done from your knees. If you have stairs in your house, a good trick is to do pushups on a high step with your feet on the ground. As you get better, pick a lower step to bring you closer to the floor and increase difficulty. You'll eventually be able to do push-ups from the floor.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Glad to see you back
Not really. :(

Push-up position (plank) can be done from your knees. If you have stairs in your house, a good trick is to do pushups on a high step with your feet on the ground. As you get better, pick a lower step to bring you closer to the floor and increase difficulty. You'll eventually be able to do push-ups from the floor.

I do have stairs at my house. I may have to try this and sign up for a yoga class after winter break, because I have a feeling I've been learning it very much so wrong and therefore hurting myself so much and it pisses me off when I can't do something right.

But, for now, my whole right arm is feeling funny, so I'm not going to start that now.

Also. Gillian Michaels cracked my other shoulder, and was very unsympathetic about it. What a bitch.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indeed, Hap. We should plot against her.

By Yoga class, you mean a professional class, right? Please don't tell me this is for school.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
By Yoga class, you mean a professional class, right? Please don't tell me this is for school.

No, thank the Lord I don't have to take any more phys ed to graduate.

There's a yoga place around here, I met one of the instructors from when I was helping tutor ESL. She seemed nice.

And if worse comes to worse right next to the yoga place in the shopping center is a back-pain relief place. So I should be good to go.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Reporting in. Snowboarding killed my body, so I'm working for my aunt and recovering :) I'm still incredibly sore.

wolfy

awsm
OK, I just got back from training my legs. I rode the bike too. I did squats and leg presses. No deadlifts today.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Udog- you are more then free to kick me out for being so bad about reporting.

This is so awful!

I have done 12 days so far in Dec- not counting today yet.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Udog- you are more then free to kick me out for being so bad about reporting.

This is so awful!

I have done 12 days so far in Dec- not counting today yet.

You've worked out 12 out of 18 days. Why in the world would I want to kick you out?

I've slacked a bit as well and haven't been consistent in squeezing out reports from everyone as I was in the beginning. (Bad Udog! Bad!)

I trained upper body today. Just some bench presses, rows, and some arm work. Not much.

Good job - thanks for the updates. I've missed Wed and Thursday's routines, but will go home and do today's before going to see family. Waking up at 4:30 in the morning to workout just isn't happening for me right now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Core Synergistics exercise is completed. It kicked my butt every bit as much as it did a few days ago. Yay! And Ugh. :D

Time to go forth and be Christmasy.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I learned something today.

I can touch my toes.

I have never been able to do that.

That's gotta count for something.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :static: I consider it a milestone!! :) Congrats!

Reporting in. Did my push ups and sit ups today. Day 1 of my 27 day PT shape up stuff. I'll go running tomorrow somehow.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
^^^ *sings... "Loooooooove, you didn't do right by me..."*

Um.
I've been having a hard time motivating myself.
I need one cheat for the middle of the week, but I will try to stick it into my day when I get home this after... hmmm... I might have time right now.
I'll be back.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I learned something today.

I can touch my toes.

I have never been able to do that.

That's gotta count for something.

That really does. :) Muscle flexibility is an important part of overall fitness. The more flexible you are, the less likely you'll get injured. :yes:

Now we just need to get your shoulder more 'flexible'. :D

^^^ *sings... "Loooooooove, you didn't do right by me..."*

Um.
I've been having a hard time motivating myself.
I need one cheat for the middle of the week, but I will try to stick it into my day when I get home this after... hmmm... I might have time right now.
I'll be back.

C'mon Mom, you can do it! Just think - an hour or so now and you won't have to worry about it for the rest of the week. Well worth it!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
C'mon Mom, you can do it! Just think - an hour or so now and you won't have to worry about it for the rest of the week. Well worth it!
Congrats Hap!

Ok. I did my workout for this morning so I only need one cheat for this past week.
You're right Udog. I'm glad that's over.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That really does. :) Muscle flexibility is an important part of overall fitness. The more flexible you are, the less likely you'll get injured. :yes:

Now we just need to get your shoulder more 'flexible'. :D

Well, I don't know how that works.

Did the shoulder exercises and some light stretching. It's waaaay too cold to go out for a walk today, there's snow on the ground.

Feeling a lot better.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NICE. I think even at my peak, I was only doing 4 miles 4-5 times a week. Impressive.
tks
though I must add that I do it in 2 parts.
don't run on Sundays and one other day or less on average, I'm at slightly over 6.5 miles (3.25+3.25)+.
suggest improvements if you will

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My knee has been killing me for 2 days now. I have no idea what I might have done to it. Anyway, I'm still trying to get my physical therapy referral sorted out - it's been quite the quagmire.

I'm going to try and do my X-Stretch routine. That would make it 4 workouts, plus that might help with my knee. Otherwise, I'm claiming an injury for this week.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
My knee has been killing me for 2 days now. I have no idea what I might have done to it. Anyway, I'm still trying to get my physical therapy referral sorted out - it's been quite the quagmire.

I'm going to try and do my X-Stretch routine. That would make it 4 workouts, plus that might help with my knee. Otherwise, I'm claiming an injury for this week.

Swelling?

Where is the pain?

Sharp? Or dull and throbbing?