MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Does sick of training count?
    Off to the gym after lunch. Work tonight. My calves feel like someone sliced them open and put rocks inside. My traps fell like someone has been beating over the back all night.
    Ok so I feel similar to this. Should I tone it down? I'm really not sure. Is it just that I'm not stretching? My legs are constantly aching, should this be happening after 5 weeks? I have to sleep with a heating pad on them.

That being said, I always have leg (muscle) trouble when I'm working out and when it's cold. I mean always like since I was a kid (both with cold and working out). And I'm working out and it's getting cold outside.

I need more arm work, too. I think I might try a "gym free for a month" thing and see what else I can do. I really don't know much about what to do cardio that isn't going to kill my legs. Halp!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ok so I feel similar to this. Should I tone it down? I'm really not sure. Is it just that I'm not stretching? My legs are constantly aching, should this be happening after 5 weeks? I have to sleep with a heating pad on them.

That being said, I always have leg (muscle) trouble when I'm working out and when it's cold. I mean always like since I was a kid (both with cold and working out). And I'm working out and it's getting cold outside.

I need more arm work, too. I think I might try a "gym free for a month" thing and see what else I can do. I really don't know much about what to do cardio that isn't going to kill my legs. Halp!
    Rowing on a machine can be cardio. Plus you will get some arm work in.

As far as legs are concerned, it may just be genetic. Is it hard to get growth out of them? Have they always been muscular? Is it a burn like when you run, or an aching pain?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm guessing it's genetic, two of my kids have the same issue. My father in law does too :/ It's like an achy pain, I can end up with cramping, too. I guess I could try a Dr. about it, I just find that Dr.s normally don't answer well to vague pains.

I'm just not sure if I should keep pushing through it or not. I should probably just vary what I'm doing and keep my legs warmer while doing it.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm guessing it's genetic, two of my kids have the same issue. My father in law does too :/ It's like an achy pain, I can end up with cramping, too. I guess I could try a Dr. about it, I just find that Dr.s normally don't answer well to vague pains.

I'm just not sure if I should keep pushing through it or not. I should probably just vary what I'm doing and keep my legs warmer while doing it.
    *nods*

Like I said, try rowing.

It might be a vasodilation issue, a nerve issue with no actual muscular problem, or perhaps your body produces more lactic acid than normal in your legs.

And yeah, doctors these days don't seem to be interested in finding answers without charging thousands of dollars for their time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm taking off today for "injury" letting my legs recover a bit. I'll probably do some arm weights. (I don't have a rowing machine)

As part of my workout I'm also looking into gyms.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm taking off today for "injury" letting my legs recover a bit. I'll probably do some arm weights. (I don't have a rowing machine)

As part of my workout I'm also looking into gyms.
    Don't need a rowing machine dear. Just a chair or bench, and some weights. Or if you're really gung-ho, do it standing and bent over.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/up...-over-rows.jpg

Barbell Bent-over Row

Use light weight and lots of reps...and it's aerobic exercise...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Elaur, add stretching to the end of your routine if you can. It won't FIX the pain, but a good stretching cool down may reduce it a bit.

Good luck gym hunting - let us know how it turns out!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Does any of you have any experience with that vibro gym thing they advertize nowadays? It looks interesting, but apparently it's mostly used for toning?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Does any of you have any experience with that vibro gym thing they advertize nowadays? It looks interesting, but apparently it's mostly used for toning?
    Not familiar. But if it's anything like the vibrating stuff in the past, it's a load of crap.

I realised I posted My traps fell like someone has been beating over the back all night. I mean they feel like they have...

Trained my upper body this evening.

Also...
    Vibrating machines don't work... at least in the gym.
    And... Join a gym Elaur. You'll love it.